title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

So Much Fun in the Neighborhood



One of the monkey's in my circus called the other day.

"We just bought a Blu-Ray player.  Margie is here trying to hook it up, but she can't figure it out.  It's so we can watch NetFlix.  She can't figure out how to hook it up.  Can you come help?"

"I don't know anything about Blu-Ray, other than the videos for it cost more than just regular DVD's."

"No.  This is so we can use NetFlix.  There are thousands of movies on it."

"I don't know anything about NetFlix either."

"It runs off that stuff in the air."

"Stuff in the air...hm-mm.....oh, you mean WIFI?"

"Yeah.  That."

"I don't know anything about that either."

"Well--you're no help!"
<hangs up phone>
=============================
My Precious Girl Madeleine is having a great time in Guatemala!  She is building a house for a family--here are some pictures.




The familia--




Cemetery
I would love to be buried in a little house, on top of the ground.

======================================

We had a couple of inches of snow this afternoon.  I would have stayed home because the roads were quite slippery, but I had a hair appointment and NOTHING was going to keep me from that!!!  It had been 2 months and I can barely get past 5 weeks without it looking awful!  So I slid in and back home and--it was worth it.
No make-up--well, really, I never wear make-up, but the eye irritation I am going through right now, makes my eye lids so red all the time.  Maybe lack of enough humidity?  Although I have a large humidifier going all day.  I need to get new glasses this year, but wanted to wait until May.  Perhaps I should go to the Ophthalmologist and see what's going on with the eyes?
==========================
When I got home, I noticed Pearl's daughter was at their house.  I no sooner got in the house and the phone rang--it was Pearl.

"We still can't get this Blu-Ray thing to work.  We wondered if you had any ideas."

"I don't know anything about that stuff."
<didn't I tell her that the other day?>

"Well Margie says we don't have enough Internet power coming into this house."

"Gosh.  I don't know.  You have the same as I do.  You have Cable and High speed Internet connection, I don't know how you could get anymore power."

"I was wondering if we should call the Cable company."

"Sure."

"What do we tell them?  They are going to want all the information and all that fancy computer talk stuff and we don't know what to tell them."

"Tell them you are trying to install a Blu-Ray player and Netflix and it won't work."

"Then what?"

"Tell them you want someone to come out and fix it!"

"Won't that cost money?"

"If you don't have the Comcast service plan. Yes."

"Dammit!"

<hung up phone>








12 comments:

  1. I thought about you today. Melissa Gilbert was on Dr. Oz. today. She just had her breast implants removed and was talking about her life now and back then. She's happy living by you.

    I didn't know you need Blu-Ray to get Netflix. I thought Blu-Ray was for playing DVDs and Netflix was for streaming movies by subscription. Whatever makes her daughter think Pearl will be able to handle having more technology heavy stuff in the house. Just crazy!


    Your haircut looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blu-Ray is for playing DVD's, Netflix is a movie subscription. I have no clue why they got both? I may have to wander up there tomorrow and check things out?
    You should read her biography something (Melissas that is). She was quite the slut back then. Drug user, alcoholic. Maybe getting away from all that will give her a better life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't figure out how Pearl cannot have enough "internet speed" to make a Blu-Ray work. My sister-in-law has Netflixs and no internet at all. LOL Might be fun to wander down there tomorrow. I do think you have to have one of the newer TVs to stream movies, though.

      Melissa's interview was really interesting. Glad she turned her life around.

      Delete
  3. Such wonderful work your granddaughter and others are doing. That must be so gratifying.

    Your hair looks nice!

    I have no clue about Blu-Ray or Netflix and don't want to know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your crazy mixed up neighborhood. Now I feel normal!! You DO have to have higher internet speed to watch movies via instant streaming. And you have to have an internet capable TV OR another device ... Roku, Apple TV and others. GEE! Have fun Judy! Your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our grandchildren
    are such a pleasure at this time of life.
    I have an antenna
    and subscribe to Netflex
    in the winter
    one move a week...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me cracking up at the first sentence :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me cracking up at the first sentence :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice haircut. You are looking great, Judy.

    Blue Ray players have built-in internet capability with WI-Fi so you can access the internet for Netflix. Hope they figured it out without their internet guru. You are so capable, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We stream Netflix on our Wii that is about 10 years old and have no problem with it. We have Comcast and our router is in the basement, but we can access the WiFi all the way upstairs so something may be wrong with her router! And for the record, you cannot have Netflix without internet...unless you are hooked up to your neighbors WiFi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We stream Netflix on our Wii that is about 10 years old and have no problem with it. We have Comcast and our router is in the basement, but we can access the WiFi all the way upstairs so something may be wrong with her router! And for the record, you cannot have Netflix without internet...unless you are hooked up to your neighbors WiFi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We stream Netflix on our Wii that is about 10 years old and have no problem with it. We have Comcast and our router is in the basement, but we can access the WiFi all the way upstairs so something may be wrong with her router! And for the record, you cannot have Netflix without internet...unless you are hooked up to your neighbors WiFi!

    ReplyDelete