title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

More Records Broken

Day 7 of Lenten Gratitude.
I am grateful that the tank of gas 
I put in my car on December 29, 2014
has lasted almost two months.
=====================================


It is becoming an old story--even for this woman who likes winter.  It's like a record, playing the same thing over and over.  "A record low temperature in Michigan again today.  Wind gusts of 35 miles per hour expected."

I was pondering last night, "what if the weather kept on like this until April?  What would we all do?" 

The only reason we can stand this kind of weather is because we BELIEVE that spring will come again--that tulips and daffodils will again bloom in our gardens--that a warm zephyr will once again caress our cheek.  

Will we complain in July when record high temperatures hit?  Of course we will!!!

At least with my Ott floor lamp over my head many hours a day, I no longer suffer from S.A.D.  February used to be a killer for me.  I was deeply depressed most of the month.  Not any more.
===========================
So tomorrow I have to go to the Food Bank and then up to the gas station.  No one is here to offer to stand out in the bone chilling winds to fill my car up with gas.  It is not good to have barely any gas in your car in these low temperatures.  If there is the least bit of moisture in the gas lines, it WILL freeze.  Then I have to go to Wal-Mart and use my $16.00 worth of food assistance to get stuff to go with what I get at the Food bank to make meals.  I am down to $53.13 in my checking account.  Gas will cost me nearly $40.00.

Can March 3rd, Social Security day be coming any time soon?  YES IT CAN!! Thank You, God!!

I am inside today crocheting slippers.  :-)  "I'll think about tomorrow, tomorrow!" 

9 comments:

  1. I can't believe how long a tank of gas will last you!

    I remember getting snow in April once, back in the 50s I think it was. And a lot of snow! I need to get one of those OTT lights. I know it would help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April 21st, 2005, we got 6 inches of snow here.

      Delete
  2. Never heard of the OTT, but I'm glad you have it.

    Why don't you just put like $20.00 in the tank in case of emergency? I wish you weren't in such dire financial straights, Judy. That worries me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I the only one who doesn't want winter to end? Somehow I feel warm all tucked inside, less lonely because I'm not seeing happy couples out and about. It's like life has come to a peaceful standstill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Putting $20 in tomorrow Sally. Yeah Flo--I like it too, but just want it to get warmer.
    I hibernated most of January and haven't been too far in February, that's how one tank of gas has lasted me so long. I wanted to get a hair cut, so I didn't want to have to buy gas too. I made it. Life is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck in your travels today, Judy. I hate putting gas in the car,, too. Of course, I have escaped doing it while I am home recovering. Lou has my car at his house. We got another 6" of snow last night so school was delayed this morning. Jason got everything cleared already and the sun is now melting the rest in the driveway.
    I am thinking of getting an Ott light, too. I have heard such good things about them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I put in an order for a beautiful Spring (especially April 12th and May 30th!) so I truly believe I will get it! And I never, ever complain about the heat! I just look at pictures of snow and remember which I prefer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe that winter has dragged on so badly this year on your side of the Atlantic. We have had some cold mornings recently but today was 12 degrees C by the time we were driving home. There's a definite feeling of Spring over here. Jx

    ReplyDelete