title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, February 2, 2015

Life

Just a note:  No women in my family ever worked, once they were married, and they usually married in their early 20's.  If they were farm wives, they worked alongside their husbands; in the field, in the cow barn, in the house, cleaning, canning, preparing meals.  The wives usually worked harder than the farmer!!

If they were minister's wives, like on my mother's side, they worked alongside their husbands; in the church, teaching Sunday School, playing the piano, directing the choir, or keep their home neat and tidy for people that might stop by for a session with the minister or a person with no home that needed a place to stay and food for a couple of weeks, or the foster children they took in.

My husband worked in the factory and I never worked, until I was divorced.  My sister's husband worked for the government and moved every 4 years.  She never worked until she was divorced.

My oldest daughter, Pam's husband, worked for the railroad as an engineer.  She never worked until they were divorced.   We were all very happy and satisfied to be housewives and never wanted to work.  We felt sorry for girlfriends that did work--didn't they know how to run a household on one salary? LOL.

Only my two youngest daughter's thought it was "interesting" to have a career--Karen after she raised and home schooled her five children and is now teaching and Jennifer who thought she wanted a big time career and the money, who now after 14 years, wishes she could just stay home with the kids.
======================
Saturday morning.

 Bunny tracks and scuffles and--somethin' somethin' going on in this patch, by the looks of the snow.














Maggie wants to see bunnies.

=================
Sunday morning:

 Snow is starting to come down hard.
















By 11:00, is is coming down really hard.












 At 1:00, neighbor John appears and is clearing out EVERYONE'S driveways up and down this entire street!















 As well as mine--We have 7 inches already.











At Midnight, it's still coming down hard


Total Snow Fall here=12.5 inches


Monday Morning:

The view out my bedroom window.  Beautiful!


 I seem to have a snow drift over-hanging my front porch roof !

The kid across the street has cleaned out my driveway--sorta--and seems to think
it is necessary to shovel off his parents roof?
Is he not aware that snow is a good insulator?

 

I just let the world go while I made a big pot of chili


8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're getting the snow we had here on Sunday---9 inches here in town and 12 inches not far south of here, with blowing winds that made deep drift to clear today. I spent half the day outside.

    I can't believe how many divorces are in your family! There were none on my dad's side (good Catholics) and on my mother's side none either. Only my brother can be counted in that club. He married his high school sweetheart and those marriages are often domed to failure. Farm wives and minister's wives sure did work hard and didn't get the credit they deserved. Lots of women work/worked outside the home in my family (past and present) and I think it has more to to do with being bored at home than not knowing how to manage on one income.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the first to divorce in my family--the whole high school sweetheart thing, I guess. My sister's husband (also high school sweetheart) came home one day and told her he was leaving to marry his secretary. Pammie got divorced (also high school sweetheart) because he was abusive. We all stayed married at least 20 years.

      Delete
  2. What a nice way to spend the day - tucked inside. Any idea when you'll take the car out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall clean what snow didn't melt today, off my car tomorrow and Wednesday, my car shall take me to get a hair cute, because I have a mop on my head that hasn't been cut since before Christmas!!! Hair grows fast and easily gets mild--kind of like Bozo hair, LOL

      Delete
  3. No snow around this cottage as of yet.
    When I went through a divorce 40 years
    ago
    I was so embarrassed
    as I knew no one or no one in family
    went through this.
    But I became me
    after that
    if that makes sense...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My paternal grandparents divorced in the early 1900's. No divorces on my maternal side; in fact, I may have been the first. :)

    Pretty pics of the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an immense amount of snow... it looks really pretty but I bet it's a pain to live with! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty and clean looking. Your chili smells good.

    ReplyDelete