title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Where Was I?

It has a door.  Wouldn't it be cute, painted barn red, with white trim.  Maybe a nice white Pennsylvania Star on the end.  Well--if we lived out in the country, it would be cute.  Not here in this crowded neighborhood.

I have had the most gosh awful headache for three days now.  I have felt yucky--tummy yucky, and no energy.  Kind of grouchy.

This all was not helped by Dar, coming over with her friend, Judy L.  Walking in while I was in the bathroom.  They had been over to measure the shed because July L. wants a bigger one, as does Dar, so they were taking measurements so they could tell the office they are building ones the same size.  So there!

Judy L. is even louder than Dar and she talks fast and she knows it all and she is aggressive in her stating of things.  And she points her finger at you.

"You told Dar you thought that shed was twelve feet tall...we measured...and it's only ten."

"From the peak of the roof?"

"Yes.  It's only ten."

Oh.  Okay.  It looks taller to me from here.  Did you climb up on the roof to measure?"

"No...Dar held the measuring tape down on the ground and I pushed it until it reached the roof."

"Cool."

"You're just looking at it wrong.  It's ten by eight by ten."

"Nice size."

"Yeah....and there will be a few more that size too.  Now they can't tell me what size shed I can have.  I have proof and I am going to tell THEM, what size I AM going to build!"

Dar drops her head in a quick nod, "And I am too!"

They were going to go over to Dar's and Judy L. was going to spray a small paper-wasp nest near Dar's front door.

"Dar's got a bee hive right over her front door," says July L.

"A bee hive?" says I.

"Yes.  I"m going to spray it with wasp spray to kill them.  I have to wait until dusk when the queen comes back to the hive."

"I thought it was a hornet or wasp nest.  I had one in my shed.  It looks like grey paper?"

Dar nods her head.

"Oh no!" <here is where she puts up her finger and sort of points it at me.>  "It's honey bees!  I work with honey all day so I know about honey bees."

"I thought honey bees made a nest that sort of comes down the side of a building--kind of longish.  Not like a paper nest."

"Oh no! <again with the finger>  "You come on over and look."  <she sort of tugs at my arm>

We walk over and there is a smallish paper nest.



"Yikes!  Those are Yellow Jackets!" I said.  "Be careful--their sting is very painful."

"What are you talking about," said the lovely Judy L.  "Those are Honey Bees.  Can't you see the cells where they store the honey?  You should have worn your glasses, Lady."
<oh oh>

"I don't see any honey," I said.  "Besides, they don't look like bees, they look like Yellow Jackets."

"Oh my Lord!" she said. "Yellow Jackets are huge." and she holds up her fingers about an inch apart.  "And they are wide and fat."
<Now, I just want to slap this woman>

"That sounds like a Bumble Bee," said Dar.
<by now, my head is pounding and I feel like I'm going to throw up and I better leave or my name and face will be all over the six o'clock news for woman abuse>

"Well--Honey Bees are endangered, so you better check with an exterminator before you kill them.  You could be breaking the law."  and I turn to walk away.  "I gotta get home.  I don't feel well."

Just then, Merle walks up.  

"I have a Honey Bee hive," says Dar.  "Judy L. is going to spray them and kill them because I am very allergic to bee stings."

Merle walks up on the porch, looks up at the nest.  "Those are Yellow Jackets.  Spray the nest with that foam stuff and it should take care of 'em."

I just walk away and come back home.
===============================
Tuesday morning, I woke up with the head ache, dizzy and pukey feeling.  The cats were out of dry food, so I knew I had to go to the store <groan>

I checked my wallet--I had three dollars.  I checked my bank account--I had forty dollars.  Then I remembered.  Melissa had sent me a gift card to the Rich People's store.  

I jumped in the car and headed into Brighton.  My head felt so "skeejawed" it was kind of hard to drive,  When I got to the store, I felt so weak I didn't know if I could get the stuff I needed.  I took a deep breath and proceeded to get: the small cake for one that I like.  A jug of milk, bag of cat food, and two of their wonderful deli salads that I like.

On the way home, I noticed that gas at the Meijer gas station was $3.33.  Not a bad price.  My tank was half full so I decided to top it off.  At the pump, I put in my MPerks number--a discount store card thingie, that adds up certain points for things you buy.  The price changed to $3.13.  Fifteen bucks to fill up the tank and enough in my checking account for that.

Got home, watched my Soap and did a load of laundry, changed the furnace filter, took my vacuum hose and got down deep inside the dryer vent to clean out the lint, then threw the clothes in the dryer and while it was running, went outside to use my loooooong brush to get up in the vent and pull out the lint from that end..if you do this while the dryer is running, it helps blow out all the lint.  Hauled a couple of things out to the shed and came back in.

I discovered that the cable was out.  This has never happened before.  Because I have my TV/Internet and phone bundled, none of them would work.  Plus a thunderstorm was brewing so I couldn't use my computer to look at my weather map and I couldn't watch the Weather Station.  That unsettled me a bit.  I just had to do like I used too--watch the clouds.  The storm came in, downpours--lots of rain, very little thunder, but gusty winds.

Pearl walked down after the storm.  "I was worried about you.  I tried to call you but your phone just rang and rang."

"Isn't your cable out?"

"Yes.  TV and computer."

"That's why my phone doesn't work.  It is tied in with the cable service."

"What about your cell phone."

"I don't have a cell phone."

"You mean that number I call is your home phone?:

"Yes."

"Oh.  Well Merle called Comcast and they said we'd have service back by seven tonight."

"Oh.  Good."

"What if you had to call 911? "

"I couldn't.  Not if the cable service was out."

"What if you had too."

"I guess I'd have to walk up to your house so you could call."

"What if you fell and you couldn't get up?"

"I guess I'd have to lay here until it started working again."

"Oh."
==============
Last night there was more screaming and yelling from the Bat Cave next door.  The slamming of the front door, car doors and peeling out of the drive and down the street.  The Lady Vampire is now working days and apparently it is not sitting well with her environment?

========================
Part of Privet Hedge removed
in order to get house on to
lot, I suppose?




  Just a month ago, Maggie would not let me brush her.  After I made the bench for the cats, she loves it.  She comes into the computer room every morning, around 10:00, starts meowing and when I stand up, she runs ahead of me, into the bedroom, up on the bench for her brushing.  Here is a video I made this morning.  I don't know if it will work--Blogspot seems not to like videos posted.

Okay--it works kind of.  2.30 minutes of video in a few seconds and no sound.  <sigh> It is cute in real time!







8 comments:

  1. HOw on earth did you hold the camera so steady and brush the cat at the same time. She sure enjoys that, doesn't' she.

    Our cable was out this week, too, for a long time and I have Charter. I hate that for the same reason about the phones not working. I can get weather alerts on my cell phone...if I turn it on. It was so much cheaper to bundle the TV, internet and phone together that I could no longer justify not doing it. But I don't like it.

    Your neighbors are quite entertaining but I could never, ever allow someone to just walk in like they do. It would scare me to death. My storm door would stay locked sand they'd have to knock and wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning,
    Sure hope you feel better today and that Comcast has woken up to give you service again. I love the Maggie story.....she is so cute.
    It will be interesting to see the new neighbors finished project. I like the porch!
    Still settling in to retirement, the move, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better today! Love the video of your cat. Vickie Okc

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're feeling better.

    Maggie loves that brushing, huh? So cute.

    Dar and Judy L deserve each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate that you're not feeling well, Judy. Hope you're feeling better by now.

    Our grocery store has a program for fuel points; I always try to use it.

    Dar and JudyL must think they know it all. hahahaha I'm glad Merle told them too what that really was. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please, take care, Judy. You've been going through a lot lately, and little of it good. Thank goodness for Maggie, and for enough gas in your car. I too am amazed that Dar and Judy L just walked in. They need a course on manners!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your cable/phone/internet didn't stay out for long. I don't know how you put up with those crazy neighbors of yours!! Entertainment, I guess!! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I lived at Dad's, people would just walk in all the time. I never got used to it. I'd come out of the bathroom and there would be two or three people in the living room. I tried to remember to lock the door, but sometimes I forgot.

    I hate when the cable goes out. I'm too attached to my electronics.

    I hope you're feeling much better by now. Those girls are crazy. I can't believe they thought they were honey bees. Ha!

    ReplyDelete