title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, August 11, 2014

Monday Moaning

 I woke up to the sound of a chorus of Cicada's.  No need to look out and see if they are clustered on the tree trunks--these Cicada's are in my head.  Well--my ears.  My friend Tinnitus has given me this continual form of music, every minute of every day since 1995.  Yes--I have tried everything, including having my head and neck turned in different positions and jerked around--it's called the Epley Maneuver.  It is used for Vertigo, but we tried it for Tinnitus.  

Tinnitus (TIN-ih-tus) is noise or ringing in the ears. A common problem, tinnitus affects about 1 in 5 people. Tinnitus isn't a condition itself — it's a symptom of an underlying condition, such as age-related hearing loss, ear injury or a circulatory system disorder.

I've heard it can also be caused by dental procedures.


I arose with the Cicada concert accompanying me and proceeded to start my Monday and my new week.  

================

Look at this right foot.  Does it look like anything is wrong with it?  Other than crooked toes and nails and a bit of fungus on my big toe nail--which I am curing with Vicks VapoRub rubbed into it every night.



It feels like there is a hair or a piece of string laying over
my third toe onto my second toe.
This is driving me crazy!! 
It is probably a nerve thingie.  I have tried cream on it.  I have tried massaging that foot.  Now, maybe I should try the Chiropractor?  If it's a nerve thing, he should be able to fix it...right?
====================


I checked outside to see what kind of animal life 
might be present:






Then I came in the computer room for some of this, while I woke up.






I was going to go shopping for food, but this continued all day:



So--I stayed home and did a bit of everything:


 Mostly sparrows at the feeders today,
but occasionally a flash of blue, or red or bright yellow,
will catch my eye.




A baby Hummingbird, the length of my pinkie finger.  A baby Chick-A-Dee, the length of my thumb and, a baby Downy Woodpecker, the length of my index finger, BUT--they are so young and full of energy, they don't stay still long enough to get their picture taken.
========================
Time to let the shower head soak all day in some
Lime-Away


Four loads of laundry

A bit more reading on the Stephen King book 


Notes for next year's garden and plantings


A bit of cross-stitch on the future great grand babes quilt

5 comments:

  1. You could also try seeing a foot doctor. I had something similar and my gave me a shot in my foot to kill the nerve that was causing the issue.

    I haven't had my feeders out all summer. Guess I need to start thinking about cleaning them up before the water goes off for fall. I get flocks of black birds in the summer that can empty five pounds of seed in a day and suet cakes in an hour.

    Going to be another rainy day here in Michigan and I have to go to the other end of town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Stephen King's new book, "Mr. Mercedes". Hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that must be a nerve, Judy. Can't imagine what else it could be. My grandmother had what I guess would be ringing. So far, I haven't and I hope
    yours goes away.

    You are so smart in all that you do. Makes me feel lazy, so I guess I'll get out there in the yard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard about the Vicks VapoRub cure. Hope it works for you. The string across the toes is most probably nerve damage. I've had problems with nerve damage in my toes and feet for years. It has progressed over the years. Hopefully, this is not what you have. But like most things, you learn to live with it. Love your little birds. We have humming birds, too. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catching up - #1 - vinegar will do the exact same as lime away and less expensive - it was a miracle cure on my showerhead
    #2. Read Dr. Sleep by stephen King. I never read him before - too scary, but the story of the alcoholism and how he talked about it in an interview was too good to pass up. I couldn't put the book down.
    #3, I love the zinnias, and will be trying some next year. I also want to try ranculous (spelling...).
    Missed you!

    ReplyDelete