title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, August 22, 2014

Summer Is Here!

Today's high temperature was:  86 degrees
Today's humidity was: 68%
================================

I have had to close up the house and run the A/C for the last two days, and will for the next week and I do not like it one bit!!!  I love the nice cool summer we had.  

So--I had a weird day.  It started early.  I have been working on how to get my friend's book on to amazon so she can sell it.  I was going to call her at 11:00 and we were going to go through it together and "get 'er done".

But, first, I had a goofy idea to send her a video of a tour of my house.  So I went outside and held the camera up on my forehead and started walking.  Into the house, pointing out certain things in certain rooms.  I was way in the back bedroom and I heard Dar calling my name.  Now, I was narrating the video, so I just ignored her.  I heard her open the door and come into the living room, still calling my name.  I ignored her, but started walking toward the front room.  She must have heard me narrating, because she backed out of the door and stood on the porch.

When I finished up, I opened the door and let her in.  I wanted to send the video to my friend before the phone call, so I was a bit anxious to get Dar outta here.

"I have to work today.  I have to leave at one."
<it was no 10:45>

"Okay.  I have to make a phone call in fifteen minutes.  Come on in for a few minutes."

To tell you the truth, I do not even recall, now, what she was talking about.  At eleven fifteen, I asked her to leave.

Than, I called Chrissy, my friend, and WOW, was it ever good to hear her voice.  We laughed and giggled, just like we always do.  We tried to figure it all out a bit--than I told her, I'd have to call her back at two--one her time.

I watched out the front windows, for a while.  Watching the progress across the street.




This is the manager's Mom and HER father.
He is 94 and lives two streets over.  Another reason she wanted to move in here.





My Purple Hyacinth Bean Plant is finally getting some pods!  YAY.

I called Chrissy at two, but it got so complicated that I just got her information and I think I can go in, use her e-mail and password and get her cookbook up and ready.

We did have some good laughs as she explained the snake/scorpion/centipede situation in her new Texas home--well, garage actually. I worry about her living with those kind of critters. 
===========================
Tonight I called Pam.  She had been mowing all day and I told her I had taken pictures and would e-mail them to her.  Jen's kids are starting school here, the day after Labor Day, so at least they aren't moving.  I don't know if Eric is going to go to New Jersey and start (trying) to work with his Dad.  All I wanted to know is that the kids will be here and that means Pammie will have a job.

I have to give you the dialogue of part of our conversation.

"A Coyote took down one the deer last week and the dead thing was laying out on the far edge of the lawn and stinking awful!"

"Wait.  Did you say Coyote?"

"Yeah."

"You have Coyote's out there?"

"Yeah.  They killed the deer and as I was mowing two weeks ago, out there, you know, where the pasture is...that I now mow, I was gagging and trying to plug my nose.  I finally got the shovel and carried the carcass out and threw it in the ditch down there.  I went out to mow last Friday and the damn Coyotes had dragged it back onto the pasture!"

"Oh my Gosh!"

"So...I got the shovel and moved it back to the ditch.  It was mostly all pieces by now.  The skull had a nice rack on it.  So, I leaned that up against the tree and thought that in a month or so, the bugs will clean it up and I will have a nice skull with horns to put up on the steps by the deck.  Sun bleached white and all..kind of like you see in those old west movies?"

"Okay."

"Well--I got out to mow today and the Coyotes had dragged the pieces back on the lawn, but now it was just bones.  But--get this Momma, I can't find the skull and horns anywhere!  All that work for nothing!"

"Do you ever hear the Coyotes?"

"Yeah--always in the middle of the night.  I hear them calling and yipping.  You know how pitch black it is out here at night.  I lay in bed and wonder, 'Hello--is there anyone out there.  Am I the only one left in the world.'  It kind of scares me."

"Next thing ya know, you'll look up and see a black bear looking in your window!"
===========================
We laughed and giggled about that scenario for awhile and then Pam said, 
"I can't wait for those kids to get back in school!  They are bored and they pick on and fight with each other.  Drive me nuts!  It'll be nice, with just me and the baby here most of the day."

"Will you have to drive them to school and pick them up?"

"Elise and Alex.  They go to school right next to each other.  Not Andrew.  He is riding the bus."

"Will you have to drive him to the end of the Cul-de- sac or will the bus come up to the house."

"HE'S WALKING!  He has to get up an hour earlier than the other kids."

"What about in the winter."

'HE'S WALKING!'  It's time he sucked it up and quit acting like a spoiled, bratty thirteen year old!"

"He's only twelve...and that's the way twelve and thirteen year olds act."

"and Elise--she acts so snotty and sassy!  Gawd--I can't wait for them to be outta the house."

So--right about here is where I started laughing so hard I could hardly speak.

"Pammie.................do you..............do you .......remember when you were that age and one day...........I said to you.......'I hope you have kids just like you'.  Remember that?"

"Yeah."

"Well................................you didn't have any kids, but......................but it appears................that you have a niece and nephews just like you!"

I am laughing so hard I am about to strangle!

"It's hard!  You tell them to do something and they either don't listen or they just don't do it and then when you tell them again, they get real uppity."

"Yeah.  I remember."

"They get disrespectful and I'd just like to slap them!"

"Yeah.  I remember."

"Elise got mad the other day, walked away from me when I was trying to tell her something, slammed the door and went outside."

"Yeah.  I remember."

"It's just so frustrating trying to deal with these pre-teens.  They make me so angry!"

"Yeah.  I remember."

Then...silence for a moment.

"Mark and I were just as bad or worse, weren't we?"

"Yeah.  It's a phase.  By the time they are ready to graduate,  you will hate to see them go."

"If I live that long!"

"Yeah.  I remember."

Then we laughed and hooted some more.

The circle of life.    

The worse the kids are, the more the parents of the kids will appreciate THEIR parents?

Tickles me to pieces!!!







10 comments:

  1. The "Yeah. I remember" conversation is hysterically funny. I'm glad the kids aren't moving.

    I'm surprised you have coyotes in that part of the state!. That's strange about the horns missing. Sounds more like something a human would do..

    Love your Purple Hyacinth Bean Plant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't moving right away, Jean. Perhaps in January? Or next summer? Or never--like Pammie says, "Who the hell knows. Probably even they don't."

      Delete
  2. Okay, I just commented on the last post for both this post and that one. I'm losing it. I thought it was all one post. Cwazy! That's what I get for getting behind.

    So I didn't mention the Coyote on the last comment. Coyote's! That's a little scary but I guess they don't bother people... big people. Still.

    Now I'm off to finish catching up. I know there's something about yellow jackets in the next post. I saw the photo. You've been writing a lot about critters lately. I miss a few days and the critters take over Judy's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noooo, Judy. We were never like those kids LOL.

    Pam is really something, handling that deer all on her own - several times! I had a deer die in my woods and my late husband dragged it to the street, whereupon I called the city and aid "A deer up and died, right there!". You see, city services won't come on to private property to cart dead animals away. Could I have done what Pam did? Those carcasses are heavy! Pam DID deserve that deer's rack and I feel bad it got swiped.

    As for what you're doing for Chrissy, isn't it complicated to get a book up and running on Amazon? Do let us know when it's there, so we can take a look.

    The house looks handsome, though strange up on those concrete stilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second what GoWiFlo is suggesting....you need to do a blog on the process of getting a book formatted and up and running on Amazon. A lot of bloggers are would be writers and would enjoy your insight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No-No. Her book is complete. i offered to sell and ship them out for her. All I have to do is put the information on the amazon Sell page--I've done it before. It's just that I have to go through her account--which kind of makes me feel like a hacker--so that she gets the money from the sale and I get the shipping information. I can do it--my brain is just old and foggy and it takes some time for me to connect the dots. LOL

      Delete
  5. hahahahaha love the dialogue with you and Pammie. Yep, don't we all remember those days?

    You're my second blog friend who wrote about coyote's. She lost two of her chickens. I hate those things!!

    The house does look nice. I'm sure the 94 year old father will be happy to have his daughter close to him.

    Best wishes to your friend with the cookbook. Yes, please let us know when it's on and that reminds me DUH - please email you addy again, and maybe this time I'll get busy and do what I said months ago!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same here about the weather ( mostly high humidity )

    The coyotes...what an awful thing for her to have to deal with :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very nice manufactured home! I love the side porch! If I was them I would have painted the shed the same color as the house with the trim and door being the same color as the shingles, but that's just me! Hope you like your new neighbors!

    ReplyDelete