title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Hub-Bubs, Tranquility, Little League Baseball


Note to Balisha--I could not get on your blog tonight.  I could get on it, but it said the page was missing.
Our life is frittered away by detail… Simplify, simplify. Henry Thoreau
Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.
======================


Loud pounding woke me up this morning.  I staggered out to see what was going on.  Staggered is not just a funny word I used--I actually staggered.  Sometimes, when I first wake up, I think I had a stroke during the night!!!  I am never quite awake and alert for several minutes.

Anyway--as I looked out my front windows, I could see that they were putting up the new neighbor's storage shed.  For some reason, it bothers me that people work on Sundays--mowing their lawns, or sawing boards or whatever--couldn't you all do these chores on Saturday and be quiet on Sundays?




 Looks like they are building a wooden floor 
for the shed

 I went out into the kitchen, fed the cats and warmed up my milk for my cocoa.  Came back in and---wait just a dang minute!!!

The floor I thought they were building has 
now turned into walls and....
they are too tall and too wide!!

Just then, my phone rang.  It was Jackie.

"Do you see what's going on?"

"Yes.  Is that their storage shed or a second home!"

"I think it's their shed and it is way too big.  In the Park rules it gives the dimensions that are allowed for our sheds and that is waaaay over the size."

"I thought so.  Fred wanted to put in a larger shed for us and when he asked the park, they said 'all the sheds have to be eight by eight and no taller than ten feet'."

"I ran into the same problem.  I wanted a bigger shed too and they wouldn't let me."

"Well--I guess it pays to be the manager's parents?"

"You noticed they put asphalt on the service drive to stop all the dust, didn't you?"

"Yup.  At least that is one perk we can enjoy."

"I don't know how long that house is, they are putting in, but by the looks of the footings, the one end is going to be about ten feet from my bedroom!  This whole thing really bothers me!"

"I know, Jackie.  The shed alone has already taken away my view of the woods---where I see the deer and all."

So we hung up, but I was still stewing.  So...I drove up to the office and got a set of Park Rules out of the box they have hung on the outside of the building.  When I got home, I read about sheds.  I had a copy of the rules dated, January 2010.  There have been new rules, although none given to us, and since January 2014, there is no rule on dimensions of sheds!  

So, I called Jackie and told  her and she was still mad.



It even has a loft.  I could live in that place!!

I've told you that the Manager's Mom HATES fireworks and loud noises.  I hope they move in before the end of summer and she can get her fill of the fire bombs the people in the houses behind her, set off.  Maybe she will tell Sonny Boy and we might get another perk--no more loud noises!  

So than, tranquility reigned.  I walked down to Pearl's and we chatted and Merle wondered also about the size of the shed, and I told them of the new rules.  He had also requested to build a larger shed and was turned down.  Wouldn't it be interesting if all the neighbor's decided they wanted bigger sheds and the office was bombarded with requests?

Merle also noted that there is no building permit anywhere on the building, which is a County Law--even to build a deck on our homes.
======================
So, I came home and watched the Little League Baseball World Series.  I love watching these games.  Takes me back to the days when I was at the ball field four nights a week as official score keeper.

I am reading this book--it is really quite interesting.

  





10 comments:

  1. That book looks interesting!

    Living in such close proximity to others in a park sure has its drawbacks to balance out the good things, doesn't it. Nothing in this world stays the same. We are constantly adjusting to changing rules, people and whatever else comes along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is interesting. It appears NOT to be political either--they tell tales on every first family, doesn't matter which party they are affiliated with.

      Delete
  2. I have read that book. It is very interesting. I have never been to Michigan but your pictures are always so pretty with the trees and all. Some day I will have to see your state.Vickie Okc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only been through a tiny part of OK. I have friends children who live near Norman and OKC--they work at the GM plant out there. Michigan is very green--lots of forests, plus surrounded by our beautiful fresh water Great Lakes. Relatively free from tornadoes, droughts and most catastrophes.

      Delete
  3. Did you see that young girl playing in the little league baseball world series as a pitcher> Wow - can she throw a ball! I didn't see the game but saw a couple of video's.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mo-No. She's great and totally unperturbed by all the press coverage. She's just "one of the boys".

      Delete
  4. Hi...I think that the problem you had with my blog was that maybe you tried to check in at the same time I was deleting a post. I wrote a post and then deleted it....blogger reacted with a strange page, but then I closed it out and tried again and it was fine. Probably just a glitch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad your view of the deer is going to be blocked. Hopefully you like your new neighbors! I definitely want to read that book, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope all is well with you.. missing your daily updates!

    ReplyDelete