title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Beautiful Day

Today's high temperature was: 71 degrees
Not a cloud in the sky!
Sunny and a nice breeze.
My kind of weather!
=======================
Balisha had a great post this morning.  You might want to bop over and read it.  I completely agree.

I woke up to an e-mail message that someone had purchased Chrissy's cookbook AND children's book.  It is my job to ship them, so I got right on it.  They were packaged, postage taped on and in my mail box for pick-up by 10:30.  YAY!!!

Which reminds me--I have a few of my own children's book left.  Why don't I put them on Amazon?  DUH.
================
Pearl walked down for a visit this morning.  We had a really nice chat.  Apparently Merle is going in for a Sleep Apnea overnight test at the hospital next week.  I have been trying to get him to do this for 2 years!!!  He snores all night long and has fallen out of bed a couple of times.  If he is waking up several times a night, because he stops breathing, that could very well be the reason he is so tired.  Fred had it done, got the small bi-pap machine, and both of us slept better.  I hope this is the ONLY reason Merle is not feeling well.  They sure can't find anything wrong with him otherwise.  His thyroid is perfect.  His doc did take him off the Statin drug he was taking, because Merle's legs were cramping and feeling weak.  

We'll get that guy up and running yet!  LOL
=======================

Debbie made my day yesterday!  She left a comment on Face Book that her grandson often asks his mother to read my children's book to him.    I rarely get feed-back about any of my books.  At Christmas, I gave one to each child and grandchild of mine and my nephew and his kids.  Not one word on what they thought of it.  I began to wonder if they even enjoyed it--did anyone enjoy it?

I can remember when I told my family that I had written a children's book and it was going to be published!  There was a certain condescending pat on the head with, "Oh, that's nice."  My Daddy said, "Are you gonna make any money off it?"  That was it.  

I got the same reaction when I told them that I had built a website of stories for children to read--nothing.  I don't think any one of them ever visited my website.

A lot of writer's in my family, but never a published one and there was no excitement or anything.

There was a publisher who liked it enough to make it into an e-book.  There was another one that wanted to put it into print format.  That should reassure me that it was a "good" book...one that THEY thought kids would enjoy.   It's not like I self-published the book only because I thought it was good, But............. 

So, thank you Debbie for letting me know at least, the book is read, more than just once :-)
=========================
I have been getting messages and photos from my "adopted" grandkids--who are now in college and auditioning for marching band.  So far--all of them have made it!!




Brian made it into the University of Michigan Marching Band--horn section




Drew made it into the Central Michigan University Marching band. AND concert band--horn section.
Kyle is now a Michigan State University Marching Spartan




...and my favorite Matt-is playing Trombone with the Michigan State University Marching Spartans and practicing to be their Drum Major next year!












=================
I'm a bit worried about my "real" grand daughter, Madeleine.I didn't receive a Thank You card after her graduation open house. I mentioned something about it to her on her 18th birthday, August 1st.  She assured me she had sent them out, but my sister didn't receive one either.  I thought maybe she had my address wrong or something.  Maddie said, "I'll send you two, Gramma.  One for graduation and one for my birthday gift."  I haven't received anything.

I private messaged her on Face Book to see if she was in college and have heard nothing back.  This worries me.  I guess I will e-mail Karen or call her and see if everything is all right.

Very strange.  I have received really nice Thank You notes from my "adopted" grandkids--none from my own.
===================
It's going to be 55 degrees tonight.  I might have to close my bedroom window. :-)

6 comments:

  1. That's exciting about your friend's book and the feedback on yours---and you're so full of good news---and about your "adopted" kids getting into the marching bands. What exciting times for them. Your granddaughter may just be overwhelmed with starting college.

    I don't think a lot of family know what to say to someone who writes. It's like a "little hobby" to keep us busy for some people and others just don't have an interest in reading thus no interest in authors.

    It was beautiful here, too! I walked literally miles around the sculpture park today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful weather here today. Not too hot!

    That's awesome about your adopted grands, and I hope there's nothing wrong with Maddie. Please let us know.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet for your adopted grands to send you pics and keep you up to date in their lives. Maddie probably forgot. Kids! My son was terrible about thank you notes - needed reminding. Drove me crazy.

    Until I started a family blog, my family had no idea that I wrote. Everyone was shocked. It's funny how we can know so little about each other. Families get their notions about each other at an early age and seem to have a hard time wrapping their brains around it when we do something they never thought we would do. Your book is quite an accomplishment. Good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've always cheered people on here, Maddie and your other adopted grand kids. And, if I recall, you're a master hugger in person, too. It's sad Maddie blew off writing you a thank you note, but as one who has done this, it doesn't mean she doesn't love you to bits. I don't know why some people, especially family, snub our efforts or milestones - lack of imagination? Jealousy? Self absorption? My own snubbing was due to my low self esteem - I thought 'what comment from me could mean much?'. I agree with everything Bella Rum wrote - people form their opinions early on and revising them takes too much effort!

    I'm so happy somebody bought Chrissie's books, and that one of your friend's grandsons can't get enough of yours. Good going, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news about the books! I could have used that cookbook when I was raising my boys, to have everything planned would have been so helpful. Now that it's just me, I rarely cook a real meal.

    It's so nice that you can still follow your adopted grands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the mention, Judy. I'll bet you are so proud of those grands of yours. All of them making the marching bands.
    Kids don't realize how much we worry when they don't respond. Joe's son doesn't always answer his cell phone. Drives us crazy when we really need to get hold of him.
    Have a nice day today....weather looks to be a little cooler here.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete