title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Smile, Though Your Heart Is Breaking.......................



There's not much of a chance of my family members finding my blog via a comment I made on anothers' post.  None of my family, except my sister, read any blogs.  My sister reads a blog that I don't...and even if she did find my blog, I wouldn't care.  She's safe.

I was more worried about a distant cousin, or a smarter than average grandchild searching for it.  Like if Jen asked Andrew to find it for her--just to check up on what I'm posting.  Well--that isn't going to happen now--I am quite certain. 
===================
I had a nice, unexpected treat today, when I stopped at the gas station.

This station is on the way to Howell--about 2 miles away.   I stop in there quite often, sometimes just to grab a Diet Pepsi on the way up to The Farm.

They have a new manager, I think he said he was 60.  We have briefly chatted before--he seems quite cultured and has just moved here from the Ann Arbor area, where he said he enjoyed going to the symphony, or to see live theatre in Detroit.  He appears very nice.

Today when I walked in, someone started singing, "the most beautiful girl in the world........", I turned to look and there he was, sitting off to the side, at a desk doing book work.  

The clerk at the counter said, "He's got a crush on you."

I must have blushed because the clerk said, "I do too."

"Well--isn't that just the nicest thing I have heard all day!  All week, rather.  Heck, that is the nicest thing I have heard in years!"

Then the manager walked over, behind the counter and said, "Well, it's true.  You have the most beautiful smile and you are always smiling.  Every time you come in here, no matter how long you have to wait, you just keep smiling.  It makes our day!!"

The clerk said, "Yeah.  I wish you'd only buy a gallon of gas at a time so you'd have to stop in more often."

So I paid my money, gas was "only" $3.33 today, said, "thanks guys" and walked, with a much lighter step, out to my car.
================
I think I have an affliction about smiling however.  When I worked, so many times, people would pass by my desk and say,"You got a secret?"

Once, I was in a little restaurant, enjoying a milk shake, people watching, and a guy came over and tried to hit on me.  I guess he thought I was smiling at him?

At my Dad's funeral, as we were lined up, getting ready to walk into the sanctuary at the church, the funeral director said, "Judy, quit smiling."

The kid at the Subway calls me "Sunshine."

I stopped at Wal-Mart today to do a bit of shopping and I noticed many people smiled at me as I passed them in the aisle.  I realized that I had a half-smile on my face--just walking around the store.

As I sit here, in front of my computer, typing away, I notice that I am smiling.

Personally?  I think it is more a nervous habit than a "knowing" thing I am doing.  Because, most of the time, I'm not all that happy.

Or--I could just be a simpleton with a smile plastered on my face.  I just hope I don't start drooling or twitching!!

7 comments:

  1. You crack me up!! I smile a lot also, or at least it seems I do. Nothing I like better than walking through a store and smiling at people. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a quick smile is a great asset. Don't let anyone tell you any different. Some people are like that...my dad was.

    Getting hit on at the gas station sure was good for the ego and morale, I wish it would happen to me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you! Collecting men. Everybody loves a nice smile. "Smile and the world smiles with you." There's too much yuckiness in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do have a nice smile and apparently people really appreciate it.

    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe long long ago you decided you wanted 'happy' wrinkles instead of frown lines. Interesting, that it may be a mask, though I've heard our facial expression sets our mood. What an air of happy mystery you must project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wonder about people that smile all the time...they make me nervous lol...I meet them in the shops and wonder if they know me...because they smile at me. It's not a bad thing, but it's kind of curious.

    ReplyDelete