title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Spring Is Coming--Honest

Today's high temperature was:  48 degrees
Sunny all day
=========================

Patches of lawn are showing up where the snow has melted.

I have Daffodil noses peeking up from the earth, where the snow has melted on my garden.

I saw a Red-Winged Blackbird today and heard him sing.

I drove into town today with my car window rolled all the way out and my elbow leaning on the opening.

Spring is on her way.

================================

Determined to unhook the VCR today.  Thank goodness Melissa Geiger e-mailed me a "how to", which made me a bit braver.  However, I was shaking so hard--scared that I'd get it all apart and then nothing would work.  I couldn't tell what was what with all the wires back there, so...I just decided to unhook the VCR and "pretend" all I had was the DVR and the Cable box and TV.  


I left the cables from the VCR attached to the cable box.  I could not get the plug for the VCR up through the back of the shelf, so...I just cut the dang thing off and put it all over on the couch.  Problem solved.


The instructions and extra cables.

I read and I went step-by-step.  Then when I thought I had it right, I read the instructions again, touched each hook-up and said, "Done" and then straightened it all out, said, "Please God" and turned on the TV and... nothing worked.  

I wailed, "GOD" and He said, "You forgot...you turned off the surge protector."

I reached in back, pushed the button on the surge protector--went around and turned on the TV and...

"Thank you God!"
It all works perfectly.
Thank you Angel Melissa!!!

Have you seen this guy on TV?
Greg Feith--ex pilot and NTSB expert
He has been interviewed on FOX and NBC, giving his
opinions on the missing Malaysian plane.

Well--I have fallen quite in love with him.  Well--perhaps not love--more like lust, but...I think he is just the most handsome man I have ever seen.  AND his voice--OMG!!!  I would like one hour with him--just one.  No wait--I will need two because the first hour I would be shaking so I couldn't speak.  But, by the second hour, after listening to his voice, I would convince him that hugging me would be in his best interest.

MY GAWD--HE IS SO HUNKY!!!!!

He even has a Face Book page, but I'm afraid to ask him to Friend me.  What if he rejected me?  Best to just dream....................HE IS SO GORGEOUS!!!

CRAP!!!  I just Googled him--born August 1957--he could be my son!  No wonder he is so pretty, he is just a kid.  DAMN!!!
==============================
I got my hair cut AGAIN--it has only been 4 weeks.  It grows so fast.  Then I went shopping for groceries at Meijer.  I used to shop at Wal-Mart, but I hate that store now.  I love VG'S, but it is so expensive, so I have been shopping at middle of the road (price wise) at Meijer--for you southern gals, it is kind of like a Publix.

One again, I needed Nestles Quik for my daily breakfast and could not find it.  Not in the coffee/tea/cocoa mixes aisle.  I asked an employee and he didn't know.  Then when I got up to the cashier, I asked her and she didn't know, so...she called the manager.  

"It's on aisle eleven.  With the baking products."

"Baking products?"

So he runs off to get me some and...comes back with the sugar free kind, but...I didn't want to tell him that was the wrong kind, so I bought it and came home and mixed it in with what I had left in the container.

Baking products?  I suppose in with the Hershey's dark chocolate powder?  I have baked for over fifty years and I have seen many a recipe and I have NEVER seen a recipe call for Nestle's Quik.  It's a chocolate powder you mix in with milk.  On the front it shows the Nestles Quik Bunny drinking out of a glass with a straw.

By the time I got home, my back was killing me from running all over that dang store and I was mad about the way they do their coupons--all electronic.  Just lower the dang prices and do away with those store coupons!  Anyway--I was so mad I sent an e-mail to the Meijer Corporation customer care and told them what I thought of their lay-out.  Must have been a man's idea to put it in with baking products.  Hrumph!!
=====================
I watched the DVD "12 Years A Slave" tonight.  It was an awful movie!!  A good movie, but awful.  It has given me a nervous feeling the rest of this evening.  

I called Pammie today to make arrangements so I can take my grand daughter Elise out next week for her 10 birthday.  Pammie can find out what day she can go and clear it with Jennifer and then, Elise and I can go shopping and out to supper.  It has been almost a year and Jennifer still is not speaking to me or attending any functions that I might be at.  <sigh>

Well--let's see what tomorrow brings--the good Lord willing.









7 comments:

  1. I went to the dollar store and bought a cheap set of fingernail polish that had six different neon colors in it. I use it to dab on wires and places they plug into. Comes in very handy when you have to take electronics apart and later put them back together.

    Your lust hunk is....very hunky. I haven't seen him on the air. He's in the age bracket that I gravitate to when I see good looking guys. Looking never hurt anyone. LOL

    Meijer does do coupons the old fashioned way, too, in the Sunday paper and the registers spit them out too. I'm not liking the MPerks either but the young people sure like them. I have tried them twice now and I can't seem to get them to work, but I'm determined to get it right. Next week I'm going to the curiosity desk if I have trouble again. The guy at the register says that happens once in a while that they don't come through but the CD and get your money back. I hate coupons in general though. It takes so much time to clip them, sort them and throw out those that expire. At least when the MPerks expire they go away on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to do the dvd all by yourself! So proud of you :-) I pray for your daughter and hope that soon she will see her selfishness and come to apologize. Hoping you get to plan your night with the grandaughter soon. I miss my grandma so much and know how much a grandaughter learns from her grandma. Your grandkids are lucky to have you - such an involved and caring lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Lord, He's my age! Well, close enough. I better switch channels so my heart can get some exercise.

    I don't know if I want to watch 12 Years a Slave. I need more humanity in my life, not less. And I'm very impressed that you hooked this DVR, Cable Box and TV together. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're braver than I am about electronics; that's a fact.

    As it would happen, this morning I got up (after a somewhat restless night with Rylan sleeping with me LOL) and my computer monitor was shot. I did everything but stand on my head trying to figure how to fix it. I remembered that I still had the old monitor in the garage (which I thought was shot too), but hooked it up and it works fine for now.

    I feel so badly for you with the problem and your daughter. Life is just way too short as you and I both know. Praying that things will change for the better.

    Nestle also makes a vanilla flavor (I didn't know until yesterday) and Britt gives that to Rylan sometimes. Well, yesterday I had fed Jase, and a while later I asked Britt what she was up to? She didn't know that Jase had taken all of his bottle and was giving him the vanilla milk that Rylan had in hers. Britt said "Well, no wonder he's loving it!" Of course, that won't happen again. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost forgot. My friend Donna is starting an over 50 blog. You can see the link right before my list of friends. If you're interested or any of your friends; click on the link and follow her directions for joining. She's a very special lady in her early 60's. Love her, and I think you would also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hunk-a-burning love is a cutie. You should go ahead and put in a friend request. I'm sure he would friend you. You could follow him on twitter, too.

    So glad you got your electronics all fixed up. I knew you would do it. How nice that Melissa helped you out. I do love blogging. I'm always learning something I never knew before.

    Spring is on the way here, too. I keep telling myself that and then we wake to snow, but it really is coming. I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw a robin today! I finally believe spring might come to Michigan!

    ReplyDelete