title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, March 7, 2014

Not Much Going On

Today's high temperature was: 46 degrees
Sunny all day
================================

I was out filling up bird feeders in my sweatshirt--it felt so warm.  A weird bunch of people we are.  If it was July and was 46 degrees, we'd be putting on our winter jackets and turning on the furnace.
===============

Dar called at about noon.

"There's a strange truck parked in Jackie's driveway.  I went over and knocked on the door, but no one answered.  I have her key, but I was afraid to go in--it might be something bad going on.  She won't be home until Tuesday."

Now--I knew whose truck it was.  I saw Merle yesterday with the hood of his truck up and he was working on it.  Then, this morning, I saw him go by up the street.

"There's a Christmas tree and a bunch of stuff in the back of the truck--I wondered if someone was taking Jackie's stuff."

I says to Dar, "Look out your window--over at Pearl's house."

"Yeah--what am I suppose to be looking at?"

"Is Merle's truck in their driveway?"

"No--just their car."

"Okay--it must be Merle parked over in Jackie's driveway.  Maybe they are expecting a delivery or guests for lunch."

"Oh.  Okay.  I gotta go to work. Bye."

So, I called Pearl and told her of the conversation.

"Oh Lordy!" says Pearl.  "That poor woman panics at the silliest things!"

"Next time, Merle better call Dar first and tell her he is moving his truck to Jackie's drive."

"No wonder she is a nervous wreck all the time.  She jumps to conclusions.  She takes one little thing and makes it into a mountain in fifteen minutes and then....goes off the deep end."

"Yeah, I know."

"She's lived here four years.  Her driveway is directly across from ours....and she doesn't recognize Merle's truck?"  

"I don't know.  I just thought I'd call and let you know.  If anything is missing from Jackie's house, when she gets home, Merle will be accused of stealing and will go to jail!!"

We had a good laugh and about 10 minutes later, I see Merle go over and drive his truck back home.  He had moved his truck so the nice warm sun we had today, could melt some of the ice off his driveway.  
==============================
I did nothing else for the rest of the day.  I tell you--I am becoming the laziest person in this park!!!!

We are expecting more snow.

6 comments:

  1. I think Dar needs to just take care of Dar. Ya know?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a beautiful day on this side of the state today, too. Hope we're both as lucky tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merle should have moved his truck to Dar's driveway. She probably would have thought she was at the wrong house when she came home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are enjoing this wonderful sun! At least for one day...we are supposed to get snow again wednesday. This is the wenter without an end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monday, March 10th - Jude - where are you? I miss your writing. Carly, central Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a nice day today....just thought I'd tell someone something nice about the weather for a change.
    Whatcha been doin'?
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete