title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Do You Tingle?


Something Jean posted in the comments section the other day--reminds me of something Dar told me.

She has been having basal cell carcinomas burned off her legs, face and hands.  The doctor told her she had to be very careful because these could grow fast on her.

I asked, "Why would they grow faster on you than anyone else?"

"Oh because, I still have a lot of hormones in my body."

"Hormones?  You mean...like estrogen hormones?"

"Yes.  I still have a lot of estrogen in my system."

"You're nearly seventy-three years old.  How many hormones could you have left?"

"When I lived in Greece and I had breast cancer?  The doctor's there told me that I had extra estrogen hormones and that is why I had to be very careful of any type of cancer reappearing."

"Okay...but...that was twenty years ago.  Don't you think your hormones are pretty much gone by now?"

"Oh no! I still get a "tingly" feeling.  You know...down there.  So I still have very active hormones."

<TMI>

Then she gives out with that loud nyuck-nyuck Three Stooges laugh of hers.


"Oh.  I see."

"Don't you still get the tingles?"

"Not that I'm aware of.  Well maybe...but only if I have to pee really bad."
=============

So--you see Jean, if you aren't still getting the "tingles", even a young Robert Redford wouldn't do it for you!. 




4 comments:

  1. A tingling Dar. It just can't get any better.

    I'm off to catch up on you last two blog posts. I don't know how I keep getting behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygod, my first question to Dar would have been: what are you doing just before before getting the 'tingles'? And then I would stick my fingers in my ears for fear she'd tell me where her fingers had been. Thanks for the belly laugh today, Judy.

    ReplyDelete