title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, March 1, 2014

For Jean...and anyone else who is interested.

I usually don't post on the weekend, but Jean was writing about the dollhouse she had as a child, so I am posting these pictures.

My Mother made this for me for my 4th Christmas.  It sits in the corner of my bedroom.




The table top turns...on the back of the dollhouse is a kitchen and upstairs, a bathroom and laundry room.

5 comments:

  1. I wish my dollhouse had a turn-table and a stairway! Very cool and I like the fact that you can open and close the outside walls. I'm also glad to know that I'm not the only one in our peer age group who still loves her childhood dollhouse. Thanks for posting the photos.

    If anyone wants to see mine, the photos are at the bottom of my March 1st post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted a dollhouse when I was a child but never got one. Had all sons and grandsons and still don't have one. Vickie OKC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful dollhouse......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Judy, I'm so glad you showed us your dollhouse! I would love to have one for my wooden Polish dolls. When I was around eleven years old I had a metal dollhouse from the Sears, Roebuck catalog, with plastic furniture. I kept it until I had little girls and made the mistake of letting them play with it. lol Since it was held together with metal tabs, they soon broke off and then the walls wouldn't stay together. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mother was very clever. It's beautiful. I never had a dollhouse but I bought one for my oldest granddaughter. Of course, it was plastic, not nearly as romantic as yours and Jean's.

    ReplyDelete