title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

WOW!!!

Today's high temperature was: 18 degrees
Sunny and bright--again :-)
==================================
The bad weather on the east coast--I heard at one time this afternoon, cars were traveling at 80 feet an hour!  I think that was in North Carolina--near Charlotte.  OHMYGOSH--can you even imagine being in something like that?
================================
I also heard on our weather, that the Great Lakes are 80% frozen over, which hasn't happened in quite a few decades.  Nestled here in The Mitten, surrounded by those wonderful lakes, means that we will have a moderate, cool summer--to which I say YAY--because I cannot tolerate the hot and humid we get in July and August.
===========================
I just don't know what to say about Atlanta Mayor, Ray Nagin.  He reminds me of Detroit's Kwame Kilpatrick.  How can they steal from the city they have been voted into and promised to help?  ROTTEN!!  I hope they both are in prison for a very long time!
=======================
So here it is, 10:00 p.m. EST.  I am just stunned at the response from you.  Each comment shows up in my e-mail and every time I checked today--there was another one.  I am really so thankful to all of you.

Tickled to pieces I have a reader from Los Angeles, where my oldest grand child now lives--thanks Debra!  I think you are a widow too?  Jump in anytime and leave a helpful widowhood comment to help the rest of us.

Ann, from Illinois--you didn't say what city, but you did mention that you are on your 7th month of this widowhood journey.  The first year is tough--just trying to move along and survive--still having the "foggy brain" most of the time.  Having to "celebrate" all the Firsts alone--those holidays, birthday and anniversary--it is really, really hard!!  You've heard me say, the second  year is harder--I think it is.  That's when the unwelcome guest REALITY comes to call and stays!  I guess, also in the 2nd year, you start to realize that "this is it", this is the new life I have to live, NOW, how am I going to make the rest of my life half-way decent and happy.  Like the title of this blog--you just have to keep moving forward--it will all work out (I think.)

Cari--HI--Sun City,AZ--watch out for those Haboobs!!  

Carly--in Winnipeg, Manitoba--I also have a reader named Joan from there--although she did not comment today.  You have more snow then we do!!  

Carrie--from Portland, Maine? Did you know that when settlers from Portland, Maine moved west to Oregon, they named their new town Portland also--they loved the name so much.  I love your State!!

Margie--from Arkansas--can you believe, I have never been in Arkansas!!! You have been visiting me all this time and...I never knew!

Mitzi--from Hamilton, Michigan--had to look it up on the map--over there by Grand Rapids and Holland--yes, you do get so much more snow--more often--then we do--from the Lake Michigan effect, LOL.  

Nancy--my third child Karen and her hubby, moved from Michigan State University to Minneapolis where he got his Master's at University of Minnesota and she taught in Forest Lake.  Talk about snow!!! and having to have your car plugged in overnight to keep the engine warm.  WOW. 

 Vickie--from Oklahoma City, OK.  If I had known last summer, I would have been praying for and worrying about you during all the tornadoes.  One of my dearest friends 3 daughters live there. 

Charlotte--wasn't there a song about taking the last train to Clarksville?  LOL.  Glad I can entertain you--yes, Ernestine has great wisdom and helps guide me along this life path. 

Judy--our snow bird--I also have another reader who is a cruiser.  Empress Bee--or Muffin over on my side bar.

Cheyenne--what do you think about Keselowski's recent comments and taking pix while driving?  He's a Michigan boy.

...and then, there is my Chrissy, from Stressa Piemonte, Italy--who can't comment because....well, I don't know why.  She's an Army wife, so maybe it's a security thingie.  HAH!!!

WELCOME--all my lurkers!!  Being a Lurker is not a bad thing--not on a blog anyway!!  If you were lurking and skulking around outside, hiding in the woods and spying on me, I might take offense, but on my blog, it's okay with me.  No one HAS to comment or even leave  your name. <but I love when you do>


BUT

who are my visitor's from Portland, OR, Bellingham, WA Cambridge, Ontario, Richmond, VA and Owatonna, MN?  Such a mystery.  Maybe they will become less shy and let me know?  I also have a reader from Pinegrove, PA, who just may be my Dear Friend, Judy Frey, whose husband died less than 12 hours after Fred.  See--I am already going nutz wondering.

To the rest of my "known" readers--thanks so much.  Your comments make life a lot better for me--just in the very fact that SOMEONE out there cares that I am alive!!! :-)
.=========================
What did I do today?  Besides checking my e-mails all day to find you?  
 When I first woke up--
can you see all the sparkly diamonds scattered on my front lawn?

and I checked my pulse
The oxygen is great, but a good pulse rate
is between 60-80.



then I took out my garbage and wanted to show
you the snow piles--over 6 feet high



Oh yes--the path I take around my front porch
to get to the bird feeders.  I cling to the porch
slats on my journey!!




I hope I never have to vacate my wee home
via the back door!!


Thanks again everyone--this was fun!!!!!




8 comments:

  1. So, if your post shows up on Wednesday, did you make it on Tuesday night to show up the next day. I've tried doing that, but doesn't work for me.

    Oh, and I'm Sally from FL. LOL

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Sal--I don't "schedule" it. I usually write my blog at night and post it just before I go to bed--because--I am not awake, nor alert in the morning to write my blog for that day. Remember--I am old!!!

      Delete
  2. Hello Judy. This is Ann in IL. Thank you for your response to my comment. I wasn't expecting that. Very sweet of you to take the time to respond. Perhaps the 2nd year is harder but I am finding it easier. 2012 was really tough and those were the first set of holidays that we spent without my hubby. So 2013 was the second set of holidays without him. He spent most of 2012 in hospitals. When he was last admitted in Nov. 2012, he never returned home. He died in June 2013. Those 8 months he was bedridden, not able to talk much, etc. But yes it has been surreal without him. Reading various widow blogs has been surprisingly helpful, you know that realization that wow that's what I just went through, that foggy brain is common to widows! Etc. then reading that one does go on with life, does eventually find a purpose, is very encouraging. That's why I so enjoy your blog. It is so real, so everyday. BTW, don't worry, I won't be hogging your comments section, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, you would never be "hogging" my comments. I am so glad I have finally met you!!!

      Delete
  3. Just a net: Bellingham Wa is my sister! Love your blog. Cari in Sun City Az

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopped in to say hi and that I am feeling 100 percent better!

    ReplyDelete