title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Again?

Today's high temperature was:  24 degrees
Snow--then more snow--and then it quit.
68.7 inches of snow so far
46 inches s normal
================================


8:30 a.m.



9:30 a.m.


10:00 a.m.


10:30 a.m.


10: 32 a.m.

Called to cancel Cardiologist appointment.  We are now shooting for February 26th.  So expect a new snow storm on that date, LOL.


 Dan arrived to say, he'd be back in two hours to shovel the drive.

2:00 p.m.

Just as Dan left, the phone rang.  Jackie, across the street in the blue house, wanted to know if he would come and shovel her drive.  She has turned him down several times, saying that he charges too much ($10.00) and that her son will come do it.  Now--she wants me to call Dan and ask him to come back.  I did and he said he had two places to do and would be back.

The phone rang again, Dar wanted to know if I would call Dan and see if he could do her driveway.  I called him and told him to do Darlene's drive too.

So, now it appears, I am Dan the Snow Removal Man's dispatcher or secretary, or whatever  I called Jackie and Dar back and said he'd be back in awhile and then I said, "Would you like his phone number so you can call him when you need him?".  

Got out of that job because, you know, if he didn't do the job to their liking or he was late in coming--guess whose fault it would be?  

That would be me!

See ya tomorrow--Jude

8 comments:

  1. I'll bet the doctor offices here in MI are as frustrated as we are with cancellations and changes. I heard the roads were really dangerous today. I hope we have a thaw day on the 26th. We've had 87.2 inches of snow as of today!

    Ten dollars to shovel a driveway---especially this heavy, wet snow we're having now---is a steal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very short driveway--more of a parking pad for two cars, but, he does clean off the car, the porch and the steps and tonight, he hauled my garbage can out for me. :-)

      Delete
    2. He sounds like a hard working and kind man.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sick of the snow BUT! it sure is pretty coming down. We got 8 inches and then another few inches later in the day/evening. The guy who shovels my driveway charges $25 and I think my driveway is shorter than yours. He does the sidewalk out front and up by the porch too, but still.

    On the other hand, I can't do it without getting so breathless, so it's worth it to have it done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sick of the snow BUT! it sure is pretty coming down. We got 8 inches and then another few inches later in the day/evening. The guy who shovels my driveway charges $25 and I think my driveway is shorter than yours. He does the sidewalk out front and up by the porch too, but still.

    On the other hand, I can't do it without getting so breathless, so it's worth it to have it done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ug! This has been the worst winter I can remember! I am so sick of driving to and from work in this crap! OK rant over! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dan's services are the deal of the century!! He is an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't blame you for giving his number out 'cause you're right, especially with Dar; she'd be on your case (if I'm reading her right these past months/years).

    February 26th will be here before you know it, and I hope you'll get to the appt.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete