title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, February 24, 2014

Nuttin' Honey

Today's high temperature was: 21 degrees
Sunny most of the day
======================================

I haven't much to say tonight--the Polar Vortex is coming back on Wednesday--for the 4th time this winter.

I am glad it is the last week of February.

My Spartans lost to U of M, Sunday--CRUD!!

Downton Abbey's last episode of Season 4 was last night.  We have to wait until next January for the next series.  I love that show!!

Dar was home all day--she did not go anywhere and she did not call or come over.  She was going crazy panicked on Saturday because she had to be inside for four hours and yet today---she never appeared.  I don't get that woman.

Someone was talking about how there is no civility anymore--that people talk rude and you need to stand up to them and let them know.  Well, in my opinion that isn't very civil either.  I am never rude to people, even if they are to me.  If I were, wouldn't that lower me to their level?  That's what I was taught.

Sometimes, Dar can be a pain in the neck, but she has emotional issues.  It wouldn't be very helpful to her if I were rude and told her to back off.  It's just the way she is and she isn't hurtful to me.  If I can help her, I will.  I can also tell her "no", but I do it in a gentle manner.  

Besides that, whenever I think I am losing it and going nuts,  just being in the same room with Dar reassures me that I am quite okay, LOL.    

I am very thankful that I have a small kitchen as washing and polishing the kitchen cupboards hurts!  The counters and appliances can wait for another day.

I didn't get to sleep until 4:00 this morning.  I don't know why, I could not get comfortable and fall asleep.

I left a message on Pearl's phone Saturday morning--she called back this afternoon.  She said she saw my name, but she can't access any of her messages.  "I got rid of that smart phone because it didn't work, got a different phone and this one doesn't work either."  Me thinks it's not the phones, but I did not tell her that.

My sister called to tell me she got a personal note from Debbie Macomber--actually written and signed by Debbie.  Susan had written her a  note about loving her positive, nice books and that she had lost a son, just like Debbie.  

I haven't walked out to get my mail since Friday.  I may wander out tomorrow.

I have been missing Fred AND his dog all weekend.  I don't know why, just been missing them.  That dog was so nice, as was Fred.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. won the Daytona 500--rain delays made it a long race.  I am glad.  Daytona 500 is where his daddy was killed and Junior won there in 2001.  His Dad's number 3 was on a car driven by a rookie.  I only watched the last 20+ laps--not really into NASCAR since Fred died.  He loved it!

I haven't been too church since Christmas.  When I got back, people will ask, "We have missed you.  Have you been in Florida all winter?"  and I will say, "No, I have been lazy all winter."  I miss the hymns and the sermons, but I don't miss having to get up earlier and driving in the cold car and bad weather.  I think God understands--after all--it's not about church attendance anyway.

I guess that's all I have.  Maybe tomorrow will be more interesting?

Later--Jude




6 comments:

  1. Debbie Macomber is a good writer and probably a nice person. I do think you can tell a lot about the values of writers by the fiction they write.

    I didn't realize Fred had a dog. I'll bet he and the cats kept each other entertained.

    I wish we could see even hints of spring coming! I just can't believe how harsh the winter's been in MI this year. It's depressing everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your philosophy, Judy....your goodness and honesty shine through...even when you think you don't have much to say.....I might just tackle several of my kitchen cabinets today as I am home for another 2 weeks. Love that Debbie Macomber wrote to your sister. So nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your Spartans. Boo to the Blue winning that game. I appreciate your comments about Dar - if we could all just act and speak with courtesy - the world would be so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read all of Debbie's books; she's awesome!

    Well, I know you're not having a good day today, Judy. So know that you're in my prayers. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice that Debbie Macomber acknowledged your sister. I'm sure she was moved by your sister's letter.

    Dale is my brother's man. He loves NASCAR.

    I think you had a lot to say in this post, especially about how you interact with Dar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am bummer that Downton Abbey is over already! Only 8 episodes! But it was pretty good though!

    ReplyDelete