title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, February 17, 2014

Spring Cleaning In Winter--Part 2.





11:00 Sunday morning.
Prepare!




Valances down-ready to clean windows and put up new blinds


How am I going to get to that middle window?
Can't move the desk--it weighs 8 tons
Maybe I can walk along the window sill?

Stuffed dirty paper towel into wastebasket.
Broken glass in there--time out to get bandaged up.


First blind up--an inch too short! 


Concentrate on filling shelves back up
 

 Cups and saucers from Mother and GrandMother's china

Lenox porcelain birds I collected 40 years ago 

Indian doll 70 years old, other Indian art from the Four Corners
a bowl of feathers I have collected and a pile of rocks
from my trip out west, plus a bird's nest 

Scale model of my first car, wooden duck carved by old
Japanese friend--as well as Loon 

Take down lower curtains to wash--don't like them off for
too long--don't want people driving by to see my electronics 

Time out to watch this 


Lower curtains back up



Now to tackle this side of study 

Monday-10:00 a.m.

To exchange blinds

Color cartridge for printer 


Rich People's store for cake and salad 

For some artificial flowers for jug 




 Blinds installed, clean curtains all back up, driftwood dusted!!
I found I could get to the middle window by, walking along the window ledge
and then bracing my calves against the desk.
I am so tall, my head kept bumping the driftwood, so I had to scrunch down
BUT
it is done!!!


Now--to put this room back together.  I still have too much stuff, but maybe it is organized better?

Snowing like a blizzard out there--3-5 expected.  I don't care, I have enough work inside to keep me busy.







5 comments:

  1. What a lot of work you've accomplished! I wish I had half your ambition. The artist in me would like to see you balance out those bookcases (and the room) better by moving all those white notebooks down to the lower two shelves, spreading across all three bookcases. Maybe next year when you clean again :) What's in them if I can be noisy? I'm betting photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one smart cookie, my friend!

    Judy-we had the SAME car!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing the same thing
    and thinking
    what can I pass on to children.
    Too much
    and I do this every year..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a busy girl! When it's all done you are going to just love walking in that room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess that is one advantage of a big storm. My ADD keeps getting in my way, and I find myself always finding someplace I have to go!

    ReplyDelete