title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Cabin Fever

The high temperature today was: 25 degrees
Grey, grey, grey!
===================================
This blog is boring!

I have nothing pithy to write about anymore!  I do not live a life with pith in it.  No substance--only subsisting.  No relevance.  I am pithless!!

I do write a lot about the weather--that is about the only exciting thing in life--or the most prevalent thing going on right now.  Perhaps it IS the weather's fault--not much communication between humans--we are either captive in our home because of the snow drifts or because of the bitter cold.  This is an historic winter.

Nothing to gossip about.  No real problems to ask advice for or help find a solution too.  Oh--I have very real problems, but there is no advice, nor solution.  You cannot get blood out of a turnip--there is no source of money--no way to earn or get more and money, or the lack thereof, is my only problem.

Oh wait--I forgot!  I am going to win the PCH Million Dollars a year for life prize--I forgot about that.  At least, they keep telling me via e-mail that I am in the final group to win--something!  Just my luck, I will probably win a trip to Aruba, or a new enormous SUV--maybe I can get cash instead?

I like to imagine what I could do with $600K (after taxes) a year!  Just think of the people I could help!  Pammie would be first on the list!  Then Pearl and her daughter--well, I'd give it to Pearl and then SHE could pass it on to her daughter.  I could get new carpeting.  I could dump a load on my sister so she could finish renovating the house the way she wanted to--before we were screwed by both father and step-mother!

I could pay off my credit cards--that would be the first thing I'd do.  If you knew what my credit score was, you'd be amazed.  I am amazed.  Don't those people know I am destitute?  I always pay early and more than the minimum payment.  I have two major cards with enormously high credit limits.  I only use the credit cards for emergencies--like car repairs--HAH!

The only thing is--in the last two years I have had a few emergencies, like--Fred's funeral.  A roof.  I'm still paying on Fred's false teeth, new glasses and HIS car repair and all of that stuff is long gone.  I live an anxious life to be sure.  WHAT IF--lots of those in my head.  Appliances breaking down and no repair could fix them.  A cat getting sick with a vet bill to pay.

I don't need a million a year--I'd be really happy with $50K.  $30K?

How did I get into this situation?  I look back.....my parents were well to do.  I married a GM journeyman with a great salary and benefits--I never ever worried about anything-money wise.  We didn't have credit cards.  We had no debt at all.  I was set for life--my future was all planned out and I never ever gave it any thought.  I should have stayed married, no matter what, just for security in my old age!!

Oh hell--don't want to even think about that.  It will all work out--or it won't.
===========================
What else is pithy that we could think about?  Politics?  The Government?  That's scarier than  anything else!

Religion?  Which comes first--the Rapture or the Tribulation?  

Sex?  We could discuss that, but I have forgotten all I ever knew and I never knew too much about it.  I never really understood what all the hoopla was about it.  I much preferred the cuddling and kissing and the soft words, rather than the actual act.  Sex causes a lot of problems--fights, jealousies, manipulation, you gotta act a certain way.  It was something I had to do to get my grocery money for the week, when I was married.

I think it is more an emotional thing for women and more a physical thing for men. Fred was completely and totally impotent.  Probably that is why we got along so well.  We experienced the deep emotional connection.  It was the best relationship with a man I ever had.

I like that in an older man--when they are unable to have sex--when they want to be with you just because they enjoy your company, not because they want something else.  The only problem there is that usually "they" still think they "can" and YOU are going to be the one to bring back their virility!  Hey--that is just too much work!!

After my cousin was widowed, when she started dating, in her late fifties.  She had dated a man twice.  On the third date (why do they always think you are suppose to sleep with them on the third date?), she had cooked supper for him.  He arrived at her door with a small case in his hand and happily opened it and showed her---his doctor recommended inflation pump.  She told him "no thanks" and that was the end of him.  LOL
=========================
   I learned something new today--I know, you are going to laugh, but...I learned how to use a potato peeler!  I always pared potatoes with a paring knife, but when my right thumb got crooked and painful from arthritis, I could no longer handle the knife--without the serious potential of cutting off a finger.  

Fred always pared potatoes for me and he always used a potato peeler.  I haven't had too many reasons to cook potatoes in these last two years, but--I wanted to make potato soup today.   I got that little gadget out of the drawer and---I don't think I worked it right, but it got the job done.  Fred always peeled toward himself and I just got the garbage can out, stood over it and pushed the peeler away from me--sliding the peels off into the basket.  Well--it worked and I got some really good potato/celery/onion/bacon and ham soup.  It's a good thing it tastes good because--I have enough to last me for about ten meals!
==============================

I have never cared for Phillip Seymour Hoffman--he always creeped me out.  His was a great "actor", but just seeing pictures of him on TV or in a magazine...he just creeped me out.  What is it with these young people and their drugs.  I have recently found out that two of Karen's friends--who I knew well in high school and played softball for my Dad, were Heroin and Meth addicts.  These kids were all A students!  In the Honor Society and involved in the community.  What happened to them?

Perhaps now I can look back and be relieved that my two oldest only smoked pot and drank beer!!!  AND do neither one now!
======================================
The big snow that was suppose to start at 7:00, still is not in evidence.  Maybe it will stay south of me?  Whatever, even if it snows and the snowplow driver fills in the end of my drive--I am going to get out tomorrow morning because I do not want to cancel the Cardiologist's appointment yet another time. I always back into my driveway, so tomorrow, I will get in my car, rev it up and speed out onto the street!  Hope I don't overshoot the street and run into mine and Jackie's mailboxes.

That's all I've got ladies--I can't think of anything pithy or witty to say.

Until tomorrow----Jude

10 comments:

  1. I take you weren't married to your first husband long enough to have vested rights to part of his Social Security or pension? I think it's twenty years if laws haven't changed in the past which they always seem to do when you're not looking.

    I hate this winter! I heard on the news that the muffler businesses are doing great because road salt mixed in snow is being held underneath cars with our lack of thawing. I thought of you when I heard that. I'm going to the car wash next time I'm out. They said it's important in this kind of weather. I never would have thought of that.

    If I won a lot of money, I'd build a condo complex for seniors with all the bells and whistles but low rents, and I'd set up some education trusts for a lot of young kids.

    Good luck at the doctors and with driving. That storm coming your way isn't supposed to last long or be very heavy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes--it is ten years married--I was married 27, could not get any of his pension as he threatened to take the house unless I signed off and it was a family farm so....I get $150.00 from his Social Security--that's it, but when he dies, I will get $1,300--not that I want him to die. I knew enough to get the undercarriage washed Jean, but just haven't done it, ARGGH!!

      Delete
    2. Interesting, Judy. Even though money might be tight I think you still made the right decision to get divorced. You got to find a soul mate and know what real love is and you don't/didn't have to endure living with someone you don't love. If worse came to worse, I'll bet Pammie would take you in so you have a safety net in your children.

      Delete
  2. Judy, although you think your blog is boring, I just wanted to tell you, it's the first thing I read every day. Keep writing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, actually to answer Jean; the first "wife" to be married ten or more years (whether divorced or widowed) can draw the social security-I believe it's half of what he would draw or maybe more; not sure about that. If you haven't checked that out, Judy (which you probably have) then do.

    My credit, which has been excellent for over 50 years, got messed up thanks to BOA. I won't go into detail, but thanks to them it's ruined. I don't use credit cards, but Judy don't worry about using them when you need to. As long as you don't have a will; there's nothing they can do about what you owe them! The only reason I do know, is that one of my uncles had quite a bit of debt on a credit card (because he needed help with health costs) and he passed w/o a will; his kids didn't have to pay a dime. You probably know all of this, but in case you don't.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Sal-=-I told Pammie not to give them a dime and I even made out little notes for her to send them. "Judith J Miller died without an estate, no Will and no income." Because by then, I'll probably be on Medicaid and in the nearby nursing home.

      Delete
    2. Interesting about dying without a will but it makes sense when you think about it. The only bad thing about that is if you have certain people who are in line to inherit that you don't want to get anything then they will get their share through probate.

      Delete
    3. Also, if I ran up debts before I died I'd want them paid off afterwards just like I would have done if I had lived.

      Delete