title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, February 21, 2014

Just Messing Around

Today's high temperature was: 34 degrees
50 mph wind gusts
Grey
=========================
I wish I could take a video to show you how the trees are dancing and bending in this wind.  If it were July, I'd think we had a tornado coming at us!

I looked out this morning, checking the bird feeders, noticed that the two cats were mesmerized by something going on under the feeders, so I stepped up closer to the window and there--right in public, were two squirrels---mating!  I have never seen squirrels mate and I was fascinated.  They were on their sides--maybe they were just spooning?  I don't know for sure--but they rolled around a lot and then all was quiet, then they scampered away.

This reminded me of the time the kids and I were cleaning out our rabbit pens and a pair started mating--right in front of us.  Of course, the kids were wide-eyed and asked what was going on.  There I was, trying to explain in a normal, farm-life sort of way and the Buck must have completed his job as he fell off, onto his side and laid there.  "Is he dead?" gasped my son.

As I look back now, I should have said, "Yes!  If you ever have sex, you might die!" But instead I just said, "No--he's okay.  He's just tired."  and I took him and put him ALONE in another hutch,  however, the kids were ecstatic when one month later, we had a fluffy rabbit fur-lined nest full of baby bunnies.
==============================

Once, in the middle of the night, a wind gust took my storm door and smashed it up against the porch railing.  Fred jumped out of bed and said, "Someone is breaking in!"  He started to run down the hallway and then came back to the bedroom, all aflutter.  I calmly sat up in bed and said, "No--I think the storm door just smashed up against the porch railing."  and sure enough.  We got it repaired, or--Fred rehung it and it never has worked correctly since (LOL), so now, just in case, I have a loop of strong twine that I tie around the storm door handle and then bring it inside, close the inner door, and wrap that string around the inside door knob.  Works for me!!!







Yesterday, my Soap was pre-empted by the Gold Medal Women's Ice Hockey game.  Ice Hockey!  Women's Ice Hockey!  BLECH!!  I just hope they replay my Soap today because yesterday was going to be a real cliff hanger.  

Decided to make another loaf of bread--this time I added an egg.


Then I set up my card table and during my Soap, I filled all my pill boxes.





Then I decided I best collect my stuff for the 2013 album.

Good grief!  I had to find pictures on my computer and print them out and....4 hours later, I was done.

So was the bread, so I decided to have a slice of warm bread, oleo and Raspberry Preserves.


...and it was so good that I decided to have another one and....as it was almost 5:00--it turned out to be my supper.  Don't preach!  I had calcium, a bit of protein and fruit! LOL

Not a very exciting day, but one in which I got a few loose ends taken care of.  Have I started washing the kitchen cupboards?  You silly billy!  I did do one door to see how the Murphy Oil Soap worked--it worked great, nice and smoother and clean looking.  But--you see--my shoulder has been acting up and the pain under the scapula and into my collar bone has come back and I haven't been to the Chiropractor and......................well, that's my story and I am sticking to it.  Maybe tomorrow?

Sunday--there is a very important college basketball game on TV.  Michigan State and Michigan are tied for 1st place in the Big Ten.  We will play each other.  

Last night MSU set a new school record for 3-pointers--we played Purdue (sorry, Melissa).  I just hope we can do something like that on Sunday against our arch enemies!!!
=====================
Please take a moment and say a prayer for my blogger friend, Marcia.  She contracted the flu, which turned into the H1N1, which turned into pneumonia, which turned into her having pulmonary embolisms.  She is getting better, a bit, but I am very worried about her.  That's why we olders have to get our flu shots in October.  We may still get the flu, but it will be a mild case and this year, the vaccine protected against the H1N1.    Love you, Ms. Graysea/Marcia!!!






6 comments:

  1. My dear friend, Judy....thank you so much for the prayers and thoughts. We bloggers do have such a nice, caring network, and I do believe it is helping me keep going here. Last night I had an ultrasound on my upper abdomen to look at my spleen. It is very swollen and painful. I will have answers on Monday. Meanwhile, my energy level isn't too low today so I am venturing out to do one errand. Ms G is taking very good care of me and last night, during 90 minutes of WILD t-storms, she sat-guard by my side. LM is away in PA and we are at his house awaiting his return tomorrow.
    Love your "keep the door from banging" inventiveness. One smart woman, you are, and funny and loving, too! Have a great day, Judy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care, Marcia! Hope you are back to normal soon.

    Judy, your photo book was a perfect way to keep your time filled. Working with photos on the computer makes time fly, doesn't it.

    I got to get back into baking bread. It tastes so good coming out of the oven (I do the artisan bread using a pizza stone.) I have baked a single loaf since Don died.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your busy day! and that bread looks WONDERFUL!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, that boy squirrel deserves an award for managing to function in your cold temps. H admires him.

    That bread sounds and looks so delicious. I'm going to ask H to make a loaf. Dad gave us a bread maker years ago, and we haven't used it in a long time. H loves gadgets, so he sort of took over the job of bread making after Dad gave it to us. I love that bread and it makes the house smell so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to check bloggers ....sorry.... You always make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmmmm bread. Well - what happened to your Spartans? I haven't seen the score.

    ReplyDelete