title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The Stuff of Life

Lately, when John and Maizey stop in, Maggie has come out of hiding.  She goes over by the TV and lays down to watch Maizey.  Saturday night, Maizey laid down on her belly and crawled over to Maggie.  They touched noses and all was well.  

Sunday night, Maggie stayed on the couch and Maizey went over and put her head on the edge of the cushion where Maggie was laying.  All was well.  

Monday morning, Maggie sat over by the TV again.  John did not have a short leash on Maizey and she went bouncing over to Maggie.  Maggie just watched and didn't react.  Then Maizey wanted to play and as dogs will, lunged a bit toward Maggie.  That's when Maggie bopped her in the face.

John called later and told me that Maizey had a bit of blood on her fur.  "Oh!  I'm so sorry." I said. He was a bit incensed that my cat had ATTACKED his doggie.  
When they came back Monday night (yes, two visits in one day!), I told John to keep Maizey on a short leash.  Maggie came out of hiding, laid on the floor by the TV and the two animals (about a foot apart) just looked at each other and then, both fell asleep.

It will be nice when it gets warm enough for John and I to sit out on the porch and then the two animals can nose each other through the screen door, like they did last summer.  
============================
I am having an unusual week--for me anyway.  Something going on every single day!!

Monday I went to the Chiropractor and tried to get (and failed) my hair cut right after wards because the Salon is on my way home.  Tuesday, I went for my 2:30 hair cut appointment.  I had three large bags of pop bottles to turn in and I usually go to Walmart or Meijers for that.  I was near Meijer's, but tried to make a left turn out of the Salon exit onto the busy street and got tired of waiting, so I turned right an up a mile to the Rich People's store.  They have a wonderfully, working and clean bottle return area.

I went into the main part of the store to turn in my receipt and get my five bucks and noticed--Pepsi was on sale.  10 for $10!!  YOWZA!! and because this store as the best "their own made" salads, I got two for $5.00.

Then off to the check-out lane and there, bagging groceries, was a friend of Maddies' I had met because of his involvement in the  High School band.  So I had to get a hug from him.  He is--oh how did we used to describe these people?  Slow.  Mentally slow and so of course, as they usually are, (stereotype) a very nice, happy, polite young man of 19.  All the kids in the band that I knew, treated him as one of their own, which has given him a lot of self confidence.  The Rich Peoples store hires a lot of these types of kids and pays them a good enough salary.

I got home, backed into my parking space and left the trunk of my car open and up--knowing full well (hee hee) that when John drove by on his way home, he stop and haul in the 10 heavy, liter bottles of Diet Pepsi.

Before he arrived, Merle was out on a walk and all of sudden, he was walking in the front door with bags in each hand.  Plus, he put them into the cabinet where I store my Pepsi.  For his help, he of course wanted a full frontal hug, which I gave, but stepped back before he could do his usual "thumbs along the under arm--side of my boobs" feel.  I am becoming pretty adept at this avoidance maneuver!

Today I had a dentist appointment at 3:00.  Actually looking forward to the X-rays, cleaning and dentist check-up.  After my soap, I took my required anti-biotic and was getting ready to leave when a huge bout of explosive diarrhea hit!  I called and cancelled and am kind of relieved.  Thankfully, I was still at home.  Maybe if it is a bug, the anti-biotic will stop it?

Thursday, is lunch with the Old School Gal Pals and stop out at The Farm to see my sister, unless the stomach distress persists!    

Friday morning it is off to the food bank.  Friday afternoon at 2:30, another Chiropractor visit.  My back continues to feel better every day.

Saturday, well nothing so far, but lots of basketball games to watch as the NCAA Tournament gets fully underway.

Sunday, Maddie is dancing in the Max Lucado "Punchinella" ballet at the high school.  Jennifer, Pam, Karen and I will be going, along with my eldest grand daughter and eldest grand son, where I will get to meet his new girlfriend.  We are going out afterward for supper.  I will miss Michigan State's second game for this, but---------for Maddie?  I would do anything for Maddie and not once mention the game. :-)  Sunday, with my girls and some grandchildren, will be a good day to keep my mouth shut unless asked and just smile and do the "doggie" head nod.  HAH!

7 comments:

  1. The cat and dog could probably be good buddies if given the chance...blood draw and all.

    Oh my gosh, the full body hug from Merle? Don't you hate it when you don't know if it's sexual or just friendly?

    Glad you're having a busy week except for the diarrhea. Antibiotics can cause that if taken on an empty stomach. I have to take them for dentist appointments, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the men in your neighborhood wrapped around your finger! It's nice that you do have a couple of men to help out with heavy loads :)

    I'm glad you are going with your family to Maddie's performance, worth missing a game for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good week, minus the whole diarrhea thing! Enjoy your time with your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No moss is growing under your toes! Funny story about Maisey and Maggie. I kind of wish I had a neighbor like John. For sure not like Merle when he's trying to get a free feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just say I'm sorry about your Michigan State team? That's a hard loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can only imagine how you look forward to seeing Maddie dance, and being with your daughter's, Judy. I hope you really enjoy it as I'm sure you will. :)

    It's a beautiful day here, hope it is there as well.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that your back is improving.

    That Merle is really something.

    Maddie is a very special girl.

    ReplyDelete