title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, March 11, 2016

Good Grief!!!

I am a bit perturbed with my neighbor men across the street.  Her husband DID drive her home from hospital, her son DID come out and open the passenger side car door for her, neither one helped her out of the car.  They both went on into the house, while she struggled with the walker, with her one good arm, and walked up the steps and into the house.  

A few moments later, her husband emerged and jumped into his car and took off.  I checked the time and realized, it was time for him to go into town to have lunch with his men friends.  He has breakfast with them, a few hours later he joins them for lunch and then around 4:00, he goes back into town to have coffee and a snack.  Last year, she told me his routine.

I don't care if we have 16 inches of snow--this old guy, who can barely toddle, clears off his car and never misses his dates with his buddies.  So, I can imagine, it was important to get wifey-poo home so he could get away again!

GOOD GRIEF!
================
I go to bed at midnight and wake up at 9:00am.  Have for years--before I worked and after retirement.  Normal sleep habit.  The sun is now coming in through my bedroom window at a different angle and I woke up this morning at 7:15am.

Of course, the minute the cats see me stir, they are up and nosing me with their cold, wet noses.  Of course, the minute I come out of my sleep coma, I have to pee.  After all of that--there is no going back to bed.

Go to the bathroom, step on the scales, then feed the cats, make my warm cocoa, grab my medications and come into the computer chair to see if the world has self-destructed, check e-mails, play my Face Book games and then face my world.

On a normal morning, that all would take me up to 11:00am.  This morning, I found myself wandering around at 9:30, and ready for a nap!!!
=================
I did notice that, with the sun coming in my windows at a new angle, there is dust everywhere!  Dust on my TV screen, my living room tables, my printer, scanner and shelves in this room.

Did I grab the duster and the vacuum and the Windex and pretend to be Mrs. Doubtfire--Suzy Homemaker--Mrs. Clean?

Of course.  NOT!  I will wait until the sun rises to a higher angle so these dusty areas don't show and then---well---someday I'll get round-to-it.

Maybe later today--unless of course, there is the B1G Basketball Championship games on TV at noon.  Or I need to watch Nancy Reagan's funeral--or my Soap.

GOOD GRIEF!

So many things.  So little time!


10 comments:

  1. Your morning sounds a lot like mine...a cup of tea, the computer on my lap for a couple hours, and the Today show in the background. Does your state do daylight savings? Ours does, and it switches this weekend. I guess it will be 8 now before the sun comes in. I don't know why they can't leave the clock thing alone. Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun can sure show just what needs to be dusted! The wooden floors look great until the bright rays hit them. I think electronics suck dust toward them, and who has mastered the art of dusting all those wires!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's terrible when that sun shows us what we don't want to see. It drives me nuts when it shows the streaks on my newly-washed windows. Not right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. being home in the evening is soooooo much better. dust and dirt, barely visible.

    i don't even know what to say about neighbor guy, not my type for sure!!!! my husband is so kind and helpful, we do everything together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would make me crazy to watch him leaving her to her own devices. It seems very self centered and RUDE. And what can we do?

    For the first time in a long time ... there are no streaks on the inside of my car windows! The guy who did a detail job last weekend claims he just uses water on a cotton towel, then a dry towel and then a chamois. I am going to try that next time!

    And don't get me started on DUST! I live in a windy, red dirt dust bowl. Even though I keep my doors and windows closed (except an occasional over night), there is still dust. But I did clean my computer and phone yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dust and window streaks. Could I tell stories.

    And having lived with my arm in a turn-bucket cast for 12 weeks after a nasty break and surgery I can't imagine being left alone on my first day home. I hope her walker is a pyramid style for one-handed people. An ordinary walker would be SO frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When people say I need a man in my life, I'll refer them to this post and your last post of your neighbor struggling in unaided with a broken arm. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tale of the moving sunlight revealing the dust made me laugh. For a while, the sunshine was coming in through the bedroom window at such an angle that the cat could have a nice, warm nap. Now, the sun has moved, and every now and again, I'll hear her howling, as she sits where the sun used to be, and demands that I do something about it. If only I could!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those kind of men (and husbands) leave me thrilled to be footloose and fancy-free. Reminds me - I tried to train the last boyfriend to open doors for me. Clueless! I do remember my late hubby had to train me into accepting his help, like opening doors.

    You never know why people behave the way they do...behind closed doors she could be a bitch to them. If so, she was blessed they helped her that much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a love/hate thing for the sun coming through the windows! I love it when it lights up a room so beautifully, but the stuff floating in the air with all these cat! Good grief! Plus it seems that no matter how good I think I've cleaned the windows they look streaky when the sun is on them!

    ReplyDelete