title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, December 5, 2015

It Is What It Is

I'm almost afraid to go to see Madeleine dance in the Nutcracker on Sunday.  I imagine my radar will be up, looking for anything strange and I am not being a racist when I say, if someone comes in dressed in Muslim dress, I will probably be observing them.  

Actually, I have lived here almost 13 years and have never seen anyone in Muslim dress, and the Nutcracker is being held in an auditorium in a small town, but......................we get antsy, don't we?

How can you fight an ideology?  

I don't really understand why the President thinks climate change is causing this.  Give them jobs and they no longer will be Jihadists?  Stricter gun control laws so they can't get any weapons?

What?

California is a Liberal State, run by a Liberal Governor.  "They" have incorporated the strict gun laws that the President wants to put into law for the entire US.  Did those laws help those 14 dead people?

The media so careful not to call it an act of Terrorism, when by the 3rd hour of the coverage, when I heard the guy's name, I knew it was.  So I'm a profiler.  Big deal.

The true definition of Jihad is "striving for self improvement."  The Radical Jihadist interprets that to mean, "Holy War".  Kill ALL Infidels--including Muslims who do not prescribe to Sharia Law.

I took a Comparative Religions class back in 1983.  One of the religions studied was Islam.  I was interested in reading more.  When I read the Quran and the Hadith, I was stunned.  I told some of my friends about Muhammed's teachings.  They looked at me like I had three heads and were not a bit interested.  Why should they be, or me?  We lived in a farm community.  We had never seen, nor probably would never see a Muslim.  I only had met Jews because of my going to college.

Over the years however, I have never forgotten and years ago, when we heard of some of the earlier attacks and then 9/11, I had that "I told you so" feeling.

I had to almost laugh out loud when C.A, I. R.. representatives came on TV to say they had no idea that Sayed would do such a thing.  My neighbor's were saying, "Now look at them.  They are the nice Muslims."  I didn't tell them that C.A.I.R. is suspected to be a front for radical Muslims.  They came on the air so quickly--to get their "spin" out there.

The fact of the matter is, we could go "over there" and bomb every Radical Jihadist we could find and it will not change a thing, except kill our service men and women.  If there was only one Jihadist left in this world, he would soon find another sympathizer and then another and..................Radical Islam would be back in full force.

Now, Ass Carter wants to send women into combat?  What is going to happen the first time one of our service women is captured by ISIS?  She will be raped.  She will then be beheaded.  Her body will be dragged through the streets and you know darn well, "they" will have full video of the events and that video will somehow slip out and we all will see it.

Can you imagine the uproar this would cause in our Country?

There is nothing we can do about any of this.  Nothing our Country can do actually--except put back into force the detection, the tapping of phones, the observation and even then, "they" will somehow get through.  We could let 10,000 more Syrian refugees come into Detroit, I am sure none of them would be Jihadists!

Every time I hear that sound and see BREAKING NEWS banner come across the TV screen, I just get a chill.  It really can't be anything good.  I think we are going to hear and see that a lot more.  I actually think there will be more shootings as this Holiday season progresses.

The Jewish holiday starts and our Christian holiday right after.  Then of course there is all the New Year's Eve celebrations.  We are suppose to just go on with our lives and not be afraid of crowded situations?

The only consolation I have is that I have read THE BOOK and I know the ending.  The Temple hasn't been destroyed yet.  I just hope I am "taken" out of here before the BIG battle begins.


5 comments:

  1. I understand your fears, I share many of them but we can't allow our fears to stop us from doing and enjoying things. If we do, the terrorists win. That damn, 'breaking news' banner gets me too! Your heart sinks every time wondering what next.

    I don't believe our president is saying that climate change alone is causing terrorism but he is certainly not alone in believing it is a contributing factor and it's disrupting the Persian Gulf and entire region. Farm lands are drying up and greenhouse gases are predicted to make the region including parts of Africa totally uninhabitable by 2100. The World Bank has a good article on this topic if you care to read it: http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/COUNTRIES/MENAEXT/0,,contentMDK:21596757~pagePK:146736~piPK:146830~theSitePK:256299,00.html

    California does have strict gun laws but as long as the neighboring states can still sell assault riffles to anyone those state laws aren't going to stop tragedy from happening. We need sensible federal laws like closing the gun show loopholes and mail order sales where people can buy guns without background checks. And I don't understand why the Republicans just this past week wouldn't support the stand-alone bill about not allowing people on the no-fly list to buy guns. If you're too dangerous to fly then you're are too dangerous to own guns. Some say it's because too many people get on the no-fly list by mistake---then fix the system so that happens less often!

    We sure live in a more complicated world than we were born into. Sometimes I'm actually glad I don't have children and grandchildren to worry about their futures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing we can do about climate change either. Our world goes through geological cycles and always has. Yes, human pollution as added to the problem, but the cycle will occur--either another Ice Age or another Meteor hit, or a World drought. I don't understand why they stopped that stand-alone bill either--but I have come to the conclusion that all of the politics in DC is more for "show", and "na na na na na ah", then any real concern for our Country. The Congress says they stop it, the President says he'll veto it and sign it into law anyway. The whole basic process is so far away from the intended writings of the Founders, it is ridiculous!

      Delete
  2. I worry about my grands and the world they will have to live in, as I'm sure you do, Judy. It is scary for us, but our generation will be gone before things get really bad. Our grandkids will have to live in a challenging world or find solutions or a combination of the two. You are right to go to Maddie's performance, and we all have to keep going on with our lives, but things do feel different, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am out that "climate change is causing this" loop! What the ????

    It's embarrassing to admit that I react differently to those ethnicities that have been responsible for evil. My little town in Oregon has so few residents (or visitors) that aren't plain vanilla caucasians that we are often called a "bubble".

    Then when I went to NYC there were hardly any whites! It's what we get exposed to I guess.

    This is not an easy subject.

    ReplyDelete