title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, October 9, 2015

Sometimes, I Get Real Tired of People

Pearl's daughter showed up.  She couldn't remember the password she had put in, so she deleted Pearl's Face Book account and registered a new one.

Heck!  I could have done that!  Thought about doing that, but then Pearl wouldn't have any "Friends".  As it is, she can't find any of her games, so yesterday, when she was down for a visit, I showed her how to search for the games she likes.  The password the daughter chose?  pearlott1.  Yeah--that's a real good one.
<sigh>

But I promised to stay out of it and out of it I am.
==================
So, Dar came over.  Her Dad is going to stay with her for three weeks, while her brother and SIL, whom Dad lives with, are on vacation.  Among the many things Dar wants me to do, while she is at work, stop over and ring the bell and go in and talk to Dad.  #2.  Try and get Dad to go for a walk with me up to the lake.  #3.  Check on him and make sure he isn't just sitting in the chair sleeping all day, while she is at work.

Oh yes, and if she calls and asks me out to supper with them, I am not to refuse--no matter what, because Dad needs stimulating conversation with someone other than family.

Don't you just love it?  I've met Dad once.  Dad is 94.  I could not care less if he wants to sit in the chair, watch TV and sleep while she's gone.  I told her, "Your Dad is not my responsibility.  If I see him outside, sure I will talk to him, but I'm not going to be bopping into your house every day to check on him."

I found out later, she stopped in to Pearl and Merle's and ask them the same thing.  Pearl said, "I've never been in your house.  I've never met your Dad.  I don't feel comfortable going over there and checking on him."

My theory?  If you offered for Dad to come live with you for three weeks, take three weeks vacation from work and take care of him yourself!
======================
Into my fall housecleaning.

Got my bedroom done, but did not empty the closet to swap out my summer to winter clothes and thus, did not get to drain and flush the water heater.

Did get the bathroom and laundry area all done and spotless.  Did this--




Did get the kitchen done.  Windows washed on the inside, kitchen curtains soaked in this
Washed, starched, ironed and back up.

John and Maisey stopped in for a porch chat.  Maisey had just returned from the beauty parlor and John brought me some of the best chicken soup I have ever had.  Nothing fancy--just like Grandma used to make.  Chicken, noodles, carrots, onion and celery.

Today is cleaning and rearranging of the living room.  The dreaded office/computer/storage room will wait until next week.

Don't forget to clean out your dryer lint trap--at the dryer and also the outside vent.  Turn your dryer on while you do the outside--it helps blow all the lint out.  Change your furnace filter and, if you live in the colder climates, push the switch on your ceiling fans UP so the fan moves the hot air down towards the floor.

Now, if those people weren't in my way, I'd have a much nicer view of the woods and and the trees.


<Sigh>

Looking forward to Saturday so I can sit in my chair, watch UofMichigan football at noon and Michigan State football in the late afternoon and crochet and knit for hours!!!

Aren't these cute?  They may look like hats, but they are bath mitts.  Large, med, small and child sized.

I am starting a hat pattern--looks complicated, but I will do it--one row at a time. :-)

GO GREEN--beat Rutgers.


4 comments:

  1. Wow - Dar - really? Good grief! And, I agree if he wants to sit, let him. My goodness that may be the only thing he enjoys.

    You've been busy! Me too, but a different kind. LOL

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lot of gull it took for Dar to ask you to babysit dad! Unreal! Maybe you could turn it into a new pair of glasses by telling her you'll do it for $10 a day, paid in advance. "No prepayment, I won't show up." LOL

    Those bath mitts are cute and would sell at your senior hall craft show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. How hard would it have been to let Pearl pick out her own password? It would have given her a better chance of remembering it. How sad she has to build up her Facebook again. That will not be easy for her.

      Delete
  3. Your neighbors never cease to amaze me! And I would say $10/hour! Each trip over to check on him is minimum $10. Goodness. I agree she should take vacation to spend time with her Dad!

    ReplyDelete