title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

A Mixed Bag of Tricks

What a day!!

I had one bag of leaves out for the yard waste people to pick-up today.  Meant to get all my annuals pulled up and in another bag--missed it.  Oh well, I will have to wait for two weeks for their next pick-up.

An appointment at the food bank at 11:30.  Found a nice bag of fresh vegetable mix: cauliflower, broccoli, baby carrots.  Another bag of fresh lettuce salad makings.  A nice pouch of chicken, to put in the salad and a small beef English Cut roast to add to the veggies.  Nice container of Muskmelon spears--nowadays, it is called Cantaloupe.  One cinnamon roll, detergent, toilet paper and 1# sugar.  No cat litter this time--drats!!  

Up to Wal-Mart to get some milk, Diet Pepsi and mailing boxes.--$23.67

Home to watch Soap and then up to Pearl's.

I quit fighting with Face Book on trying to retrieve her password.  Plus her old e-mail addy was in there as her user name.

I jumped into gmail and made her an account.  

Then back to Face Book to set up a new account, sent a bunch of friend requests and found her games.

Set up a new account with new gmail address and new password at her bank.

Set up (partially) an Amazon.com account.  Watch out world!!!
===================
While I was there, Dar and her Dad walked into Pearl's.

"I'm hunting for Judy.  Is she here?"

Pearl said, "She's back in the bedroom, working on my computer."

So Dar walks all the way back and says, "Go home now.  Dad and I want to visit you."

"I can't just yet.  I gotta get this finished."

"Okay."  and she goes back out into the living room to chat with Merle and Pearl.

I stopped what I was doing and walked out to the living room.

"I got your Face Book going, Pearl.  I gotta go home and put away my groceries and take some Alka Seltzer, my stomach is bad."

I waited until I saw Dar and her Dad leave--watching to see if they were coming this way.  They weren't.  They got in the car and drove away, so I hot-footed it back up to Pearl's to finish the computer job.

"Thanks a lot!  Running away so I had to entertain!"

"Hey--she was bugging the heck out of me."

"She acted like she wanted to talk, but there's no conversation with that woman!  It's all about her.  I asked her Dad two questions, which she answered for him."

"Yeah.  I know.  She has done that to me before.  I was talking with her and her friend Sheila and Sheila asked me a question and Dar answered for me.  Then another question, which Dar answered.  I turned to her and said, 'Dar, I am perfectly capable of answering for myself.' "

"I like her father though."

"Yeah--he's pretty cool."
===================
I forgot to tell you I got the clothes in my bedroom closet switched around for winter and while in there, drained and flushed the water heater.


No, that's not blood.  Rust out of the tank. 
Plus lime you can't see.

Tonight John and Maisey stopped by for a Porch Chat.  It was so warm today and this evening.  John and I got to laughing so hard, I hope the neighbors didn't wonder what was going on!

John said that he saw Dar this morning on his walk and she was sighing and carrying on about her father visiting her for "Three weeks!  I had planned on two, but now...my brother has extended his vacation, so I have to have Dad for three weeks!"

5 comments:

  1. You certainly have a mix of neighbors! I guess we all do. Pretty sad when we have to lie to avoid them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't even tell you about our neighbors; it would be a waste of time. :)
    Glad you were able to get some good stuff today.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pulled up all of my dead annuals from the freeze too...most of them, anyway. A large garbage can filled. The cosmos didn't die until the second freeze and the marigolds hung in until the second one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got Pearl back up and running with Facebook and g-mail. Computers are such a life-line to older people. I can't believe her daughter would let her go that long without helping her do what you did. You're such a good friend.

    Dar, on the other hand, is so rude to walk into Pearl's and tell you to go home! I would have camped over night just to spite her. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got Pearl all straight. That Dar is a mess.

    ReplyDelete