title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Well--Let's See...................

Where did I leave off in my life?

Monday, I had to drive up to Howell for a doctor's appointment.  At the time i checked my checking account balance on-line, (Sunday night), I had .36 cents.   I had 4 dollars in my wallet.

The FILL UP NOW OR YOU WILL BE WALKING, gas light in my car had been glowing since Friday when I had to drive up to Howell for the emergency dental visit.

What to do!  What to do?

My friend Chris, who I test crochet/knit patterns for, had dropped 50 bucks into my Pay Pal account on Saturday.

The middle of August, I had finished up all the projects for her, so I wouldn't be getting any more pay.  When I noticed that on Saturday, I immediately clicked on the button to have that money transferred to my checking account.

HOWEVER--it always takes 3-5 business days before the money gets to my checking account.  

I could call and cancel the appointment, it wasn't really all that important anyway.  Before I did anything, I got on-line and went to my checking account and there--LO AND BEHOLD, was the Pay Pal transfer!  How can that be?  It ALWAYS takes at least 3 business days and this time it was there in half a business day?

Also, in the mail, (which I did not get until after the appointment) I received notice that my bad insurance would be cancelled September 1st--and my new insurance wouldn't be effective until September 15th.  Good thing I could go to the doc's on the last day of August, or unknowingly, I would have had to pay for the entire office call!!!

So--once again. although I let myself get filled with doubt, when I know better--GOD, came through and saved my bacon--as has always happened for the last 30 years of living alone.

Now you all can say it was just a coincidence, but I won't ever believe that.  It should not have happened, but it did!!!
========================
The heat and humidity have returned full force!  The humidity makes me physically ill---literally!  I have had a headache and nausea for the last 4 days.  So---I don't go outside.  I am stuck in this place with all the windows shut tightly just as I will be in the dead of winter and  I HATE IT!!!  No walkies for me!
  
The very best news is that my Dear Daughter from another mother, will arrive any day now for a visit!!!!!  

Chris lives in Texas.  She bought one of those little trailers, left Texas the first week of July and has been traveling on the road, all alone except for her dog, since then.  She drove up to Idaho to meet her hubby, who was home on leave from the Army.  They took a few days trip up into the Canadian Rockies, then she left Idaho mid-August and is coming here, then on down to KY and TN and AR and then, home by third week of September.  

How brave would any of us be to travel all summer long--alone??

I have all her completed projects here, ready for her.  Plus, we are going shopping together for the yarn I will need for her next few projects.

I am so excited to see her that I am a nervous wreck!!!!!  
=================
I got this quilt, on sale, in January and I just got it done.  My 6th one, with only 3 more to go.


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Quilt!!!!!!!

    I'm glad things are looking better for you now. I know I'm not the only one in the blogging world is worried about you.

    Chris is indeed a brave woman to do all the traveling alone, a true pioneer-stock type. I couldn't do it nor would I want to but I admire that kind of independence in others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I feel relieved that things are better for you!
    The little quilt is so pretty! Some lucky little baby to get this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you that your friend is coming to visit! Have a wonderful time with her! I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful things are continuing to look up for you, Judy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt is gorgeous! I look forward to hearing all the details of your friend's visit. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt is so beautiful it almost made me cry... awww..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy the blog rvsueandcrew.net She sold everything a few years ago and lives in her Casita trailer. Maybe your friend would enjoy her adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quilt is beautiful. What a wonderful gift that will make.

    Chris is really something. My hat's off to her. I'm not adventurous enough to do all that. Of course, I bet seeing her man was an incentive. :)

    I'm so glad things worked out for you, Judy. Isn't that something? I hope things stay in this positive direction for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a mix post, as in...normal human life trauma, trust in God, things ( important ones ) working out ) and anticipation/ joy. Accomplishment.

    XO :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a mix post, as in...normal human life trauma, trust in God, things ( important ones ) working out ) and anticipation/ joy. Accomplishment.

    XO :)

    ReplyDelete