title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, September 28, 2015

Weird--Full Moon, Monday.

All I have is a cheap, point and shoot digital camera, so taking pictures of the eclipse didn't turn out real well, but................
I stood outside watching and then my back got too hurting.
So, I opened the back doors on my car, and laid down in the back
seat, with my head near the open door, with legs sticking out the other door,
and just watched.  I almost fell asleep!!
It reminded me of the many times I used to lay out in my back
yard and just watch the stars and moon as they crawled across the sky.



==================================================
==================================================

Please, please....tell me I am not the only one grossed out by this new invention.
http://www.shethinx.com/pages/how-it-works

I dare say they aren't for menopausal women and the hemorrhages.  At that time, I needed Depends--two of them, one worn over the other!!!!!
===========================




 Well, look what I spotted at 8:30 this morning.  Pearl visiting Jackie.
Such cute, short, little chubby ladies. :-)

Pammie called me.  She and Evan will be coming over tomorrow around 1:30!!! YAY.

Then, I was just sitting in my chair, knitting and in walked Karen.  How wonderful that she feels comfortable enough to just stop by without having to call first.

I haven't seen her in 3 months.

I got caught up on all her kids--sadly, my second grand daughter Susanna, the runner who works for New Balance Shoes in Oregon, is divorcing.  She and her  husband have known each other since they were both on the college track team---about 8 years.  They married 3 years, but they just remained friends.  There never was any passion or that kind of feeling in their marriage.  In fact, I found out today, their marriage was never consummated!  They were both virgins when they married and still are!  Weird, isn't it?

So, thankfully no children to add problems to the divorce, no large house, nothing of any great value.  They just divided their own stuff, Susanna moved to another apartment and.....that's it. Her husband is such a nice guy--perhaps he should have been a priest?  Because to my way of thinking, what man could refuse this beautiful girl?

Maybe he's gay?

Very sad for Susanna, but she will recover and be just fine.
=======================
Karen and I yakked away as fast as we could for over an hour.  Then she wanted to know about my car.  i told her all I needed was the two Serpentine belts and it should be good to go for the winter.

"Mom!  You can't be driving around with frayed belts!  We had that happen and we were stranded.  If one of those belts go...your car is dead--you can't go anywhere!"

"Yes, I know.  I am going to get them done the first of the month."

"How much will it cost?"

"I....one hundred fifty dollars."

...and she whipped out her check book and said, "I want to pay for the belts...or your glasses.  Which one?"

"No...now----"

"I wanted to pay your dental bill last spring and you wouldn't let me.  Now don't argue!  Which one?"

"The belts.  I can still see pretty good, but I need the belts before winter."
==============
When she left, I called and made an appointment to take my car in Wednesday morning.

What a dear, dear child!!!

Plus I found out, her youngest daughter, Madeleine the ballet dancer/Guatemalan house builder, is taking RN classes in college AND working in elder care!!!

So nice to know that I have someone to take care of me.  LOL
<like I'm going to let my grand child change my Depends.  I think not!>

Plus--under advice from her Gramma Judy, Maddie has realized that her "summer love" in Guatemala will never come to anything more than that and she broke it off.  YAY!!

I think it was the story I told her about my summer love, Richard Spencer Dunham.  Or the one her Aunt Jennifer had when she spent a summer in Spain. 

"These summer loves are wonderful, but they rarely ever go on to anything more.  The distance is too far to work.  But, you'll have great memories, when your Gramma's age."

(and she still has her Purity ring ensconced on her ring finger, so....................................nothing important lost.)




7 comments:

  1. Those period pants won't popular when the young girls figure out how yucky they would be to wash out. Yuck!

    My gaydar tells me your granddaughter's husband is gay. Glad they they'll have an uncomplicated divorce. Sad for both of them.

    You shouldn't feel guilty when Karen wants to help you out financially. It probably makes her feel good and also less guilty about not being around as much as she knows in her heart she should be. I'm glad you were open with her about your financial situation. That is long overdue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have both been in counseling for the last four months. He has not said he is gay. She has not said he is. None of us in the family think he is gay. Their relationship has always been that of brother and sister and while we thought it was cute that they were such good "buddies"--apparently that feeling killed the passion one would need for a true, marriage. He doesn't want to dress in woman's clothing, So I don't think he is another Bruce Jenner? Great athlete, but wants to be a woman? He is well respected by all his training and running team. I think he just runs so much, it has taken away all his male hormones!!!!! He runs 20 miles every single day and is skinny as a rail.

      Delete
  2. He may well be gay and just not 'know it'. I mean, my Dad was gay and didn't 'know it'. Married, had two children, divorced and YEARS later discovered he's gay.

    I mean, like you said, how could he resist that beautiful women?!

    Either way, it's sad, but in the end, they'll both probably find true happiness now.

    I'm glad Karen is helping you out with your car.

    You're right, long distance relationships are just too hard for most people to sustain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I hate to say I told you so but I TOLD YOU SO! You should have told your daughter about your car long ago! So glad she helped you like I knew she would! Yes, your grandaughter's husband is probably gay. He just doesn't want to come out of the closet yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i watched the eclipse in my pj's, in a chair in the back yard, we had a pretty good show!!!

    susanna is beautiful, they are a handsome couple but beautiful is not everything. i hope they each find love, if that is what they are looking for!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your grandchildren are good looking! I'm sorry for the divorce, but if that's what will make them happy in the long run, good for them.

    So good that Karen has such a beautiful heart; I too am glad you accepted her help.
    :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete