title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Busy

Yes--I've been busy, but it hasn't entailed any exercise and I can tell.  My calf's ache from sitting too much.

I have been doing a genealogy search for Chris' family and have been very successful.  I spent about 6 hours everyday on Ancestry.com.  It is done now.  All I need do it put it together and print it out.

I'm just trying to get money so I can get my car fixed.  I lucked out with the radiator repair.  Because I told them they could keep my car for as long as they needed, they could order a less expensive radiator from another supplier, who took longer to ship it.  Still, it was over $300.00.  Now I need to get the two Serpentine belts = $150.00 parts/labor.

I got my car back Friday, and did a lot of running around for stuff I had to get.  

Thursday evening, John and Maisey stopped in for a quick porch chat.  He has either a bad cold or the flu.  He looks and feels miserable.  He said he'd take me to get my car.

Pearl called Friday morning, Merle had gotten home from work early.  She said, "We are running into Brighton for groceries.  Do you want me to pick up something for you?"

I said, "No.  Instead of a pick-up, can I get a drop-off?"

So I rode into town with them and got my car.
=================

Today, I've just been basically sitting in my chair, watching college football and crocheting or knitting for Chris.  She has come up with another idea for a lacy shawl--crocheted.  I cannot wait to test that one!  Gotta get the Queen size bed cover and bath mitt done first however.

It is turning Autumn here.  Lovely sunshine, nice breeze, but cold at night and only in the high 60's during the day.  My kind of weather.  I have a whole lot of garden work to do too.  Cutting back the perennials and cleaning up the gardens.

I need to drain the water heater too and buy and install a new furnace filter.  Fasting Cholesterol blood test and flu shot at the docs.

I think the first week of October, I am going to have to let my handiwork sit and get outside and do my chores.

I think I need to make a list because my mind/memory seems to be going.  I never had to make lists in the old days.  When I worked, I never carried a Franklin Planner with notes written in it.

All of what I had to do, or where I had to go, or whatever, was stored in my brain and I never missed.  Now, even though I put everything on my calendar, in red--appointment wise--I forget things I need to do around the house.  

Things as simple as, "don't forget to clean the litter box."  Simple things like that.  It worries me that my memory is failing.  I can tell you the exact year and day I lost my virginity, but I can't tell you what I ate for supper last night.  It is very weird!!

8 comments:

  1. Maybe John has allergies. This is ragweed season here in MI.

    I could not get along without my day planner. I'm surprised you've gotten along this long without one. I put reoccurring stuff on post-a-notes and move them from one month page to another after I've done the chore like change filters and use the washing machine cleaner, etc.

    Fall is such a busy time. I don't enjoy this season!


    After you test patterns for Chris what does she do with the patterns? What you've shown the blog world looks very complicated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris sells them at on-line pattern places. It seems, some women will pay a really good price for a designed pattern. Who knew? The people that design the original patterns, like Chris, pay to have their patterns tested. If a designer posts and sells a pattern with any errors--customers won't buy from her anymore.

      Delete
  2. I'm just so very sorry for all the expensive car work you're having to get done, Judy. I'd sure help you out if I could. My engine light is on, and it scares the cr@p out of me because I know it will be expensive. ugh

    Glad that you went with Pearl to get your car and not with John in case he does have the flu. Just what you don't need.

    My memory is slipping also; and, like you I can remember things from way back but not in the recent.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally, sometimes that light comes on for no reason. Maybe your car just needs its codes cleared. Just take it in for a look-see and an estimate before you agree to any work.

      Delete
  3. I love the cool nights right now! This morning it was freezing though, and gave me a little taste of what is to come! Not looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I had to turn on furnace to take the chill off.

      Delete
  4. I cannot remember the day or year when I lost my virginity, but that's because the whole thing was pretty unmemorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAH!!! Marla you crack me up! I remember because it was terrifying and very, very quick!

      Delete