title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

And The Beat Goes On

...and I am really tired of being beat up!!

I had to run up to Brighton yesterday.  Glad I stopped and got a Subway for supper and today's lunch.

I pulled into my driveway, parked my car and heard a strange, wet sound.

Got out to look and apparently the small leak in the car radiator had given way, because a lot of green tinted liquid was pouring from the front of my car.

On August 29th, John told me that rather than me taking my car back to the service garage to get a new radiator, he knew a guy who did car repairs out of his home and would get that guys phone number, right away.

"It will be half the price the service garage quoted you."

So, here we are, three weeks later.  Every time I asked him he'd say, "Yup.  I know right where that phone number is and I'll call you today."  Every.  Damn.  Time.  I. Asked!!

He and Maisey stopped in last night for a porch chat and he noticed the large puddle of anti-freeze under my car.

"What happened?"

"The radiator gave way and I lost all the coolant."

"What are you going to do?"

"Get a new radiator."

"Well, you better wash that anti-freeze off your cement.  It is poisonous to dogs.  I wouldn't want Maisey to lick it."

If it wasn't for Maisey, who was enjoying treats out of my hand, I would have kicked John out of his chair and off my porch!  I mean--literally kicked him!

It was all I could do to hold myself in and not slap his face or yell at him.
=========================
This morning, I called the towing company and had them take my car into the service garage.  I hope my Road Service pays the $86.50 for the tow.

















I got paid today, for work I've done for Chris and I think I can squeeze the rest for the repair, out of my checking--if I don't buy any groceries.

AND--when I get my car back, I am going to drive out to where John said the guy lives and I will stop and get his phone number and an estimate on what it will cost to get the 2 new serpentine belts put on.  

AND--when John wants work done on his car, and can't remember or find the guys number, do you think I'm going to tell him I know it."

Ain't happening!!!

I have always despised procrastinators and do not/will not be held captive by their bad habit!!

8 comments:

  1. I've been catching up, Judy.

    What a mess. I would be frustrated, too. We have a pretty good guy that we take our cars to. His work is good and he's reasonable. He was recommended to us when we moved back here in 2002, and we've continued to go to him. When you find a good mechanic, it's like finding a good man - if you're smart you never let him go. :) Good luck, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel! One of my chief pet peeves is when people don't do what they say they are going to do! I put up with it all day at work and a lot of times when I'm not working! It sucks to be dependent on someone who is not dependable! Good luck with your car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe John isn't so much a procrastinator as he is old and forgetful. Don't be surprised if the mechanic he knew died or moved years ago.

    I am waiting on a procrastinator too. I gave away my full size bed and mattresses from my spare room. They've only been slept in about 21 times but you can't donate mattresses here in MI or I would. A young couple who wanted them for their growing daughter have put off picking them up for 4 weeks! Their mother keeps reminding them but their lives are so busy. blah, blah, blah....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No--he isn't old or forgetful. He admits he procrastinates. I just thought, perhaps, he'd take better care when HE suggested I try this guy because HE uses him.

      Delete
  4. I agree about hanging on to a good mechanic! Car trouble is frightening to me ... because I don't understand anything about car engines. Everything sounds so much more expensive than I can comprehend. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Judith I'm so sorry...when it rains it freaking Pours doesn't it!
    Hope things get better soon for you!!
    (((HUG)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just what you didn't need; a leaking radiator, and a neighbor who doesn't keep his word. But, perhaps as someone said he just doesn't remember rather than ignoring you.

    Hope it all works out. I know I've got to get mine into the shop, but dreading it.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this rant, Judy. And I hear you. I have two beloved family members who "think about" doing something for months or years before they actually do it, if they do it at all. It boggles the mind. Of course I have never once put off doing something that needed doing. A half dozen times maybe, but never once. Haaahahaha. BTW thanks for stopping by IHATH and making me laugh with your clever comment. Cheers, chickie!

    ReplyDelete