title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Labor Day

Labor Day--Chris' last full day here.

I was up early, ready and waiting when she arrived.

I felt energized and alive.  Her visit had renewed my mind and spirit.

I had a few chores for her to do too.


The night before, I tore my craft closet apart.  gathered all my knitting needles and crochet hooks, threw them down on the floor and had Chris organize them and put them in labelled baggies.


Then, we were off for lunch at Outback Steak House.  I had been wanting to go for the longest time.  I love their Victoria Filet Mignon and baked potato and French Onion soup.  It was her husband's treat, so she and I ordered all sorts of expensive stuff, ate and still had left overs for the next day.




We had to stop at Michael's again.  I can't remember why, but there was some pressing reason.  Something she had forgotten to get that was needed.



Back home, and I hated to ask her, but I have been wanting to flip the mattress on my bed.  So we tore the bed apart and did that.  My, that girl is strong.  I hardly had to lift a finger.  She also put back all the heavy boxes into my craft closet.

Then she remembered that she had forgotten to get some Michigan made Vernon's Ginger Ale to take back home, so up to the little market 1/2 mile away for that.  She got two cartons.


I should have reminded her to get some Better Made (Michigan made) potato chips, but I completely forgot all about them, until I picked some up this week.

By now, it was 4:00 in the afternoon and she had to go get Maisey, at Animal Crackers, where she was boarded.








Maisey or some other dog, had peed on her blankie and Chris thought she smelled,  So she took Maisey into the bathroom for a bath.

I peeked in and realized, Chris was in the shower WITH the dog.  It seems Maisey will not take a bath unless Chris is in with her.


Maisey was finally done and ready to get out.
Chrissy dried her off and I threw her blanket in the washer and drier, while we talked.














And..all of a sudden, it was 7:00 and time for them to drive back to the camper and get it ready to roll on tomorrow morning.

Chris promised she would stop in the morning, on her way to Ohio, for one last hug and kiss!

5 comments:

  1. What wonderful visit you two had! I love her dog and hope Maisy behaved around your cats. LOL Maybe you and Pam could plan a visit down to see her next summer?

    Unless you wrote this and your last post ahead of time didn't publish them, you might want to look at a calendar when you get back to your daily routine. Labor Day was last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You DO sound energized. Chris has been your dose of sanity and love.

    I adore the Outback Steakhouse. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the way Patti used to bathe Hopper, in the shower with her. I guess it's easier than the tub. :)

    She has a pretty dog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outback with your friend, not having to worry about prices! Now that's fun. Also I love it that Chris gets into the shower with Maisie. I have Andrew's dog, Rambo, while Andrew is deployed. I think Ramby would be a gentleman if I chose to wash him that way, and avert his eyes. Heaven knows it would be easier. Or to be more proper, I could wear my bathing suit. xoxo

    ReplyDelete