title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

YAY!! My World is Once Again Bright

Yay!!  My Sally pal is back on FB and also blogging.  I never thought anything was wrong with her, I thought it was her daughter or grand daughter, and I knew she would be devastated and unable to write about it.  Yet, My Pal Sal was the one in the ER and then hospital--with no phone.  I admit, I went a bit over board amok, because I get that way when someone I know is missing.  If you ever want to know how to search obituaries from Florida, or how to go on friends, of friends, of friends Timeline on FB to see if anyone has posted any news, just ask.  I know all the angles!!
==========================
So today I went for a practice run for my Coronation!  I am getting my Crown on March 11.  I do believe it will be diamond encrusted for the cost of the thing!!!  BUT my new Medicare Advantage Insurance plan will pay $500.00 toward it and I already had $120.00 at the dentist, so instead of sending in money every month to built up credit, I will send in money each month to pay for my crown.  I won't have to build up credit with my dentist anymore because my insurance includes two free cleanings, one x-ray and one dental check-up each year.

Egads!!  The drilling that goes on to get the filling out and the tooth shaped and then re-built for the crown.  Two hours in the chair ANd tonight, my Tinnitus is really loud because all that loud drilling noise exacerbated the problem.  BUT  in a couple of weeks, I will have two teeth, next to each, other crowned, with crowns above them and---I AM GOING TO EAT POPCORN ONCE AGAIN!!!  I need three more, but those will come next year or two--if I live long enough.  If I don't--I am going to Heaven with at least 5 really strong, good toothies!!
===========================
I am NOT going to the Old Gals luncheon tomorrow and so will miss a visit to my sister's.  We are going to have record setting low temperatures.  My old car runs a bit ragged in this cold weather and I do not want to take the chance of having my car break down while I am out driving in Butt Fu  Boonies with no cell phone and waiting in below zero temps for help to happen along.
=============================
Ash Wednesday.   I do not get ashes on my forehead, although I think it would be cool to do so.  I do not give up anything for Lent.  Instead, I try to take on something new to do each day.  Like notes to people or an encouraging e-mail or something to make someone smile.  My biggest thing this year will be to get to church every Sunday.  I have become a lazy church person and haven't been since last Mother's Day.  Shame upon my little head!!!

Actually, I did try to give up something for Lent.  When I was in the ninth grade a friend asked me what I was going to give up for Lent.  I replied, "Algebra!"  Unfortunately, the Algebra teacher overheard my comment and was none to happy.  My Mother heard about it and although she tried to look stern, she got to laughing so hard that she couldn't carry off the scolding.

Life is good!!

5 comments:

  1. I don't know why tonight your comment section would "take" mine; now, I have to start over. LOL

    I'm so glad, Judy, that you're able to have the dental work done. Unfortunately, my brothers and I inherited Mom's soft teeth; easily broken. I had a lot done last year
    and still have some to go when I save for it.

    I'm still reeling from the fact that I had no way to let you know where I was. But, by the time I would have been able to be in touch, I would have been home. Those first few days there are a complete blur, no kidding. Thank you again, though, and I'm very glad you didn't find my name. LOL

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant your comment section would NOT let me leave a comment without going through another google section. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny about the Algebra. You were a firecracker weren't you....still are, really.

    I hate getting crowns! But it's nice to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember my son being so funny sometimes that it was impossible to discipline him. Like you, he's still a scoundrel.

    We're having very cold weather here, too. I'm sure it isn't as cold as yours, but very cold for us. You made a wise decision to stay home. Sometimes it annoys me when people find themselves stranded on the side of a mountain or out in the ocean because they went out there, ignoring all warnings and knowing full well that the weather was dangerous. Then some other woman's husband or some kids father/mother has to put their life in danger to pluck their butts out of the water or off the mountain.

    Glad you're getting your teeth squared away. Gotta have teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had a ton of dental work! Thankfully my brother is a dentist and I have good dental insurance through the U so it doesn't cost me a thing. I gave up smoking for Lent 23 years ago (then it was March 7th, I think) so I figured I can't beat that so I don't bother any more! I too am glad to see our beautiful Sally back again!

    ReplyDelete