title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Nanook of The North

Nanook of the North reporting here.  Our snow is no more than normal for this area, but the bitter below zero temps are not normal, as they are lasting day, after day, week, after week.

Not much of a concern for someone who stayed inside and just soaked all day.  I say "soaked" as I was in my recliner, crocheting slippers and soaking up the artificial sun from my Ott floor lamp. How nice it is!

I had a nice day--my Comcast bill had gone up, so I called them to see how we could get it back to normal.  They are having older people leave so now they are being quite proactive to keep us happy.  They have finally come to realize that TV and Internet is about all the entertainment some of us have in our lives.

At first the lady told me of a promotion which would include Encore movies--total $130.00 a month.  I have been paying $125.00  I told her that I didn't really want the Encore channels.  Was there a possibility to be set up with Digital Start Up XF Triple Play like I used to have.

Well, by doggies, sure enough.  AND a two year price freeze.  $99.99 a month and with taxes, total $119.00 a month.  I get all the channels I have always liked and really none of the ones I never watch.

Happy dance!  Plus a credit on next months bill of $30.00 to make up the difference I have to pay this month.
=====================
I used my last quart of home made spaghetti sauce and made spaghetti tonight and then--because everyone needs a treat now and then---
Not as good as home made, but then again--good enough.  I do love anything cherry!!!  By the way, I have heard from family members that the spaghetti sauce this year was wonderful!!!  (Whew)
==================
Did you know that the director of Downton Abbey is killing off the dog named Isis?  Last week, Lord Grantham noticed she was just laying around.  This past Sunday, she has cancer and only hours to live.  C'mon people!  This show takes place in 1924 now.  In 1924 there was no problem with anyone having a dog named after an Egyptian goddess Isis.  No one in 1924 ever heard of ISIS or ISIL.  We just have to be so PC, that I guess, we have to re-write history to make sure we don't offend anyone.
===================
Still no word on FB or her blog from out Dear Friend Sally.  Every now and then an idea will come to my find and I will rush to this computer to check something else out.  Nothing!  

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! You made it sound like Comcast actually has a heart! LOL! Let's hope they keep it until May when I get to call and negotiate a new contract with them! It's too bad that they killed off ISIS on Downton Abby, but at least they didn't take her out back and shoot her! That cherry pie looks awesome! And by the time I'm commenting our dear friend Sally is alive and well! Whew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so relieved that all is well with Sally and family. I cannot wait until, on Dowton Abbey, they say, "Isis is dead!" The world will cheer.

      Delete
  2. The dog name Isis was probably too much of a distraction on the fan sites, etc. I doubt it has anything to do with being political correct. I used to be a moderator on a large website and know how hard it is to keep people posting on topic (in this case the characters and plot lines) and not get sidetracked by other things (in this case brutal murders and what to do about them). The writers could even have been getting death threats and didn't want to continue "taunting" crazy people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They film the series way back last year. I wonder if they had to do some later re-takes to show Isis death?

      Delete
  3. LOL about Isis. I don't watch Downton Abbey, but I'd heard about it.

    I love me some cherry pie. I had no doubt that your spaghetti sauce would be excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope by now you've gotten my apology email, dear lady. Your concern and that of others has really touched me.

    Never, ever have I subscribed to cable television until we moved here last year. I'm with Comcast/Xfinity (is that what you have). I got upset with them however when the first year was up and the price went up so much; I got them on the phone and said I couldn't pay that much - they immediately dropped some of the channels which just happened to be the ones I enjoyed, and then charged me the higher rate for three months. If it wasn't for better reception, I'd drop it altogether. I watch very little, but Patti does have some favorite shows.

    I want that cherry pie, please. In fact, I can't get enough to eat lately. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I got your e-mail. Sorry that I ran amuck. Comcast, which I do have, has a new policy to better their customer service--especially with older people. Just be please and thank you a lot and ask nicely if they can help, because you are living on SS and cannot afford to pay, but so enjoy your cable TV. They have promotions all the time and they CAN and WILL lower your rate. If not, tell them to come get their modem because you are going with DIsh. That will force them to make you a better offer.

      Delete