title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

It Just Takes Me Down---

I watched too much news yesterday, and I felt physically sick and I just couldn't get my head to think of posting anything.

People all mad at the Prez. because he said many atrocities had also been done in the name of Christianity.  Well--he's right!  Think Crusades!  Think the Salem Witch Trials!  I take issue however with where he said it.  Not very appropriate for the National Prayer Breakfast.

HOWEVER--there is a difference in Christians and Gentiles.  Just because you aren't Jewish or Muslim, does not make you a Christian.  A Christian is one who has accepted that Jesus is the Son of God, that He died and rose from the dead and is alive in Heaven.  A person who believes and tries to live Jesus' teachings.  There is no where in the NEW TESTAMENT where Jesus told anyone to go and kill.  Any person who kills, is not following the teachings of Jesus.

HOWEVER--there are 35 times in the Quran where Mohammed told his followers to kill infidels.  He was referencing the Jews in particular, but now it means ALL people's who do not follow Islam or who "they" deem to be an infidel, even if that person might be a Muslim--think the Muslim Arabic pilot they burned to death.  

I truly think that the Prez. is a Muslim.  He was raised in that "faith".  I don't however, think he has sympathy with the radical element--with the terrorists.  

The whole thing just makes me so sick in my heart.  How can we defeat ISIS?  If we go to all out war with them, that will bring them even more recruits and sympathizers.  They are trying to rile us up with their killings.  If we don't go to all out war against them, they are going to continue to grow.

Have you noticed that most of the people they have killed are people that were just trying to help?  Contractors.  Aid Workers.  Teachers.  That woman who was killed, was there trying to help the children and the people--just like my grand daughter is doing in Guatemala.

Makes me sick.
=======================
By the way--Karen and Mark have the tickets and are flying to Guatemala during Easter break and have contributed $2K for the supplies and are going to build a house for a family there--in the same town as Maddie.

=====================
Okay--let's check in with my Monkeys.

The guy who lives in the trailer next to Merle and Pearl and across from Dar, has his daughter living with him.  She just got out of three months in rehab, had no place nor money to live on, so Dad took her in.  She has been here about four months, is doing very well and now has a job.

Dar found this out.  Monday, when the girl's brother came to visit and got stuck in the snow, he was upset and pounding on the steering wheel of his truck.  Dar heard all this.  She went up to the office and told them, "I think you should know, we have a drug addict in the park!  I just saw, who I assume is her dealer.  He is stuck and is acting like he is high on something.  Is she registered?  You know we have a park rule--anyone living here has to be registered.  I want something done about this and I want it done now!"

That is what she told me when she came over.

"I just saw Aaron go up to their porch with a paper in his hand.  He is taking care of it for me--right now!"

"What makes you think he was her drug dealer?"

"Because, he was acting like he was crazy or something.  I saw them talking.  They looked very suspicious to me.  So...I just did my duty!  If she is living here, she has to be registered as a park resident with the office."

"In the first place, she is not using drugs anymore.  She is staying with her Dad until she can get on her own.  She starts a job tomorrow."

"Well--is she registered?"

"I don't know Dar, that is none of my business whether she is or not."

"Well, I'm not going to live in a park where that sort of thing goes on.  We don't want this to turn into a trashy trailer park!  I'll move.  I told them at the office to do something about it or I'm going to move...and I will!"

"You think they care if you move?  They could sell your place in fifteen minutes  and probably make a profit!"

"Well--it's not right and I told them that."

"What if Jeff needed to stay with you for a few months--after he gets out of rehab--until he can get on his feet."

"I won't let him "

"Let's just say he has no where else to go and has to stay with you.  Would you want me to go up to the office and tell them that your son is a drug addict and he is living with you and I wanted them to check and see if he was registered and if he wasn't--I wanted him thrown out of the park?  How would that make you feel?"

"Well...."

"By the way--that guy you saw this morning?  That is her brother who stopped out yesterday to visit her and his Dad and decided to spend the night.  You've gone off half-cocked again, got something in your head---blown it all out of proportion, like you tend to do and probably caused those people a lot of trouble for no reason."

I was steamed and she knew it.

"Well--I'll stop at the office on my way to work tomorrow and tell them I was mistaken."

"I think it's too little, too late."

We all know she won't. 
=================
Merle and Pearl had a Comcast guy come out today to check on why they can't get their Netflix to work.

Merle parked his car over in half of Dar's driveway, as he has many times before, so the repair guy could park in their driveway.

When Dar got home from work she called me.

"Judy, do you know who's car is parked in my drive?"

"You don't recognize the car?"

"No."

"It belongs to the neighbor across the street from you.  It's Merle's car.  He's parked there before.  I thought you recognize it.  They have a repairman coming."

"Oh."

GEEZ!!!

So the repair guy comes and tells Merle and Pearl that they need to go to Best Buy and purchase a modem accelerator to put near their TV to get the signal from their modem in the bedroom.

I have a feeling this isn't going to help.

My kids have Netflix.  It comes in through their Wii--in the basement.  Their modem is up stairs by their computer.  From that spot, it controls their TV in the living room, a TV upstairs in a bedroom, their computer, AND their TV and Wii in the basement.

Now, if my kids works like that--why won't the modem in Pearl's bedroom--only 25 feet away from the TV, run the Blu-Ray and Netflix?

This is going to be a continuing saga, me thinks. 



.

8 comments:

  1. Read the entire text of Obama's speech and see if you still feel the same way about it. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2015/02/05/remarks-president-national-prayer-breakfast Republican pundits dug out one or two lines to go off on, purposely distorting what they meant when taken in context. If you can't ask the religious leaders of the world to stand up against the extremists who pervert and distort a religion for their own purposes then who can you ask to do it? All faiths attend that breakfast, not just Christians. In talking to the Muslim leaders about trying to stop the distortions he used a couple of examples from the history of Christianity. I don't get how that is such a bad thing, especially at a prayer breakfast.

    I'll bet your park manager would love to have Dar move out. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had recently posted on FB about how barbaric the people in the US have been over time and yet we are offended by others actions? I got a couple of comments. One person feared I was going all Liberal on them. I was just stating facts. I guess when we are "at war" anything goes, as in killing 200K+ mostly elderly and children in Hiroshima and Nagasaki--there were no Japanese troops in either city. As in torturing, burning and killing thousands of Indians for OUR land expansion? As In burning and beheading people in Salem, MA--not at war. We seem to think that because we are the USA--we are perfect. This country had such arrogance--our way is the only way. I did not take issue with WHAT the Prez. said. I also did not take issue when he said, "global warming is going to affect us more than terrorism." Of course it is. It will affect MORE people globally than terrorism ever will. Carp! Maybe I am becoming a Liberal.

      Delete
    2. The current political climate almost forces us to choose between the far Liberals or the far Conservatives but in truth we humans aren't that cut and dry, black and white in our thinking. Stating facts, seeing both sides of the coin is not a reason anyone to label you anything but human!

      Delete
  2. We have Netflix streaming with our Wii and our modem is in the basement. The Wii and one TV is on the main floor and another TV in the upstairs bedroom. Plus I have a laptop computer, desktop computer, a tablet and two iPhones all streaming internet from the basement modem. I can't understand why Merle and Pearl would have to buy a modem accelerator. Maybe the problem is in the Blue-Ray player! Oh well, have a good day Judy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the problem is in who set it up for them? Or perhaps, could it have something to do with their ancient wiring in their place? I don't know. They just to seem to have problems with everything electronic that they try.

      Delete
    2. After reading this saga of Pearl's I'm getting out of the mood to get Netflix! I've been thinking about doing that and cutting down to basic cable. It's all too complicated for my old brain!

      Delete
  3. Every day I think the world gets scarier... I worry for the children that I teach at the moment. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you about President Obama's speech. I think everyone is a little too sensitive these days.

    I don't think he's a Muslim, though. Whether he's a Christian or not, I don't know. I'm willing to believe that he is, but I don't really care if he is Christian or not. I only care what a president does in office. A number of the earlier presidents did not claim affiliation with a church until after they left office, but nowadays candidates profess their religion publicly. I think it would be very difficult to get elected today if a candidate admitted he or she was an atheist or was affiliated with any religion other than Christianity. Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, William Howard Taft and Barak Obama have all been accused of being atheists. Who knows if they are or not? It's easy to proclaim anything publicly, but almost impossible to tell what's in a man's heart.

    Dar does not think before she acts. I know that's an understatement.

    ReplyDelete