title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, February 27, 2015

February 27th

Truly Grateful
Today I am so grateful that after two weeks of communication via e-mail and 
one week of talking on the phone, 
I took one more chance and,
finally accepted a date with a guy named Fred, 
10 years ago on this day.
==============================

Yes--it took me a while!  I had sworn off on men--nasty critters that they were.  A couple of long-term relationships, that started off nicely, but always,  ALWAYS, it ended through no fault of my own.

I could not take another chance.  I had become comfortable living on my own and then...coincidence or God happened, and quite by accident this, what appeared to be a really down to earth, nice man, found me.

By the end of that first date, we were both quite smitten with each other.    Perhaps because we had communicated so much before we met?  We already knew each other's history and at least, didn't have to go through all that on the first few dates.

I have been grateful ever since and still am.  How lucky I was that, for the first time in my life, there was someone who really loved me.  The first man I ever completely trusted.


4 comments:

  1. What a great thing to be grateful for today and always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fred was a wonderful man. I'm so glad you found each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made each other happy, and that's a beautiful thing.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! How utterly, utterly beautiful! Fred was as fortunate as you. I'm so glad he pursued you, and you let yourself be caught!

    ReplyDelete