title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, February 6, 2015

All Is Calm


The dryer repair kid came at around 9:45--I was in here working on some writing--thankfully I was dressed.

Such a nice young man--he used to live in this park.  He explained a few things to me and answered a couple of questions I had, then I came back in the computer room and let him do his thing.

A new thermostat.  Not only that, while he had the dryer torn apart, he put in a new timer switch and a new belt--he said, "Just in case."  It cost me $000.00 because of my appliance service plan.  The cost without the plan would have been $250.00+.  At $20.00 a month for ALL appliances, just the repair today paid for the plan for over a year.

He left and I proceeded to sort clothes and get ready to start laundry.

I have done no washing for two weeks.  I had eleven sweat shirts!!  I didn't even know I owned 11 sweat shirts.  I normally wear the same thing every week==three sweat shirts, three-four pairs of blue jeans, perhaps a sweater and dress slacks if I go somewhere.  I wash them on Monday, put them back in the middle of the closet and just re-wear the same thing that week.

With no clothes to grab, I started diving into the back of my closet--sweat shirts.  I even wore a pair of Fred's sweat pants one day because I was out of jeans.

The washer and dryer have been running all day and I'm still not done.  When I get the bed cleared off, I still have to wash and dry the sheets.  That might not happen until tomorrow.
===========================
Nothing else happening here today.  I did run up to the Subway place to get me a nice big salad for supper.  My favorite Subway is the Spicy Italian.  They take the same ingredients, add more lettuce and chop it for a salad.  It costs about $1.00 more, but it lasts me three meals!!!  Kind of like an Antipasto Salad.
===========================
Ever the optimist, I purchased these yesterday.  I'm ready!!!


I hope your weekend is decent.  We have another snow storm coming which, when it leaves this area, will travel out toward PA, NY and MA.  Sorry-

2 comments:

  1. One of my fears is having the dryer quit while after I've washed clothes I need to wear that day or the next. I tend to wear the same things over and over, too...only using about a 1/4 of what I own. The weekends are when I do laundry. Glad you're back in business.

    Those seed packs really call to us this time of the year. Hope for an early spring, I guess. Although, I've started seeds inside in past years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those seed packets remind me of Dad. I loved when those seed catalogs started coming. He would sit for hours and peruse each page, choosing seeds for H to order. Then they would start them inside and plant them in the garden when the time was right.

    So glad your dryer is back on line.

    ReplyDelete