title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, January 26, 2015

Worries

Today's high temperature was:  26 degrees
It was a Shiny Day!
====================

It seems I do love to worry about things I have no control over--like the weather.

Nothing will stop my day, like a predicted severe thunderstorm.  I listen to the weather channel, the local TV station and track the storm's approach on radar on my computer.  I want wind speeds and I want to know precisely where that storm is and if there are any Hook Echoes near me.  I pay no attention to the siren, because that goes off if there is trouble in any part of the County.  I want to know what is coming directly at me!!

Today, I am worrying about Flo out there in the North-East and Marcia on Cape Cod and my one reader in Binghamton, NY and Cheyenne in Pennsylvania.  I know I will get no reports from then because they are probably going to be without power.  Hurricane force winds coming into the Cape.  You take even one foot of snow and mix it up with Hurricane force winds and you are going to end up with snow drifts eight feet high.  I know people near the New Jersey shore--they are going to get it.

There are 50 million people in this storm's path.  Have you EVAH driven up I-95 into Bahston and beyond.  It is nearly impossible on a good day, but with snow of any amount?  I hope they close it down!

New York City?  I don't know anyone who lives there, but with it's heavy population.  Can you even imagine.  They are shutting off the lights on the Great White Way and and all traffic forbidden, except for emergency vehicles.

 I fear there is going to be many deaths from this storm.  They don't have the equipment to take care of something this big.  Our power company employees have already left Michigan, headed out that way to help.

I pray for my friends in that area.  Please, if you have power to read this, be careful.  DO NOT take ANY chances!!! 

Carrie, Cheyenne, Judy Frey, Julie, Marcia, and Binghamton, this means you!!!  Please let me know, as soon as you can, that you are all right.


11 comments:

  1. It looks like they're really going to get slammed. I hope everyone stays home and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Storms like that are terrible for everyone involved. I hope all your readers and mine out east stay inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And bless the people who are out looking for the homeless people in NY and other big cities, trying to get them into the shelters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, my granddaughter lives and works in N.Y. Grandson in DC
    and another granddaughter who came back to my area, chef
    fell yesterday on ice
    and arm being put in cast.
    Oh my
    concerned over so much..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weather here up north is very unpredictable. Last year at this time we, here in central Canada (just north of Minneapolis) endured -35 degrees and lots of snow (flooding followed). Yesterday we had +8 degrees. The fields are somewhat bare and there's no snow for those who enjoy snowmobiling. Like others previously mentioned we, too, are wondering what March and April might have in store for us. Hopefully nothing drastic. However, if we do get dumped on, we're well equipped to manage whatever amount we get. The youngsters would be happy as they'd be out sledding again. Stay warm and stay safe everyone. Carly

    ReplyDelete
  6. My prayers are with yours for safety.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It makes me feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one who worries about things I can do nothing about. I hate that "knotting of the stomach" first thing in the morning.

    I feel bad for homeless people when these storms come roaring in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheyenne here checking in. We didn't get hit as much as those along the coast. All is quiet on the western front as I sit here at 2am and look out my window. The wind may kick up after I go to bed. We didn't lose power and never had that fear. And if we ever do lose power we have backup. The plow has already been put to use and the snow blower is ready to go as well. Thank you for being concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy, we didn't lose power! I'm so relieved. Winds are howling, the snow is drifting, but we in western Connecticut missed the heavy snowfall. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the concern, Judy.....it is wild here with incredible winds and very heavy snow. There are astronomical tides right now and we have had a lot of flooding (not too close to us). The wind is so heavy that it kept me awake all night. The noise was amazing. At one point the wind picked up a very heavy JFK wooden rocking chair on the back porch and blew it to the other side with a loud crash. Jason is outside running the snowblower now and Teddy is out there having a ball. He won't last long because the wind is barely allowing him to stand up and the snow keeps getting packed all over his ski mask. We still have about 8 hrs to go. I think things will get cleared enough tomorrow for me to get to the hospital on Thurs at 8:30 am. I have to have a heart stress test before they will go ahead with my knee replacement on Mon 2/2.
    So thankful our power is on, as all around us it is off. Our lines are underground. We are prepared if it goes off. So far LM still has power.
    Teddy thinks someone should come and take all the snow off the windows as he cannot see out. LOL
    Glad you missed this one although it is really exciting. I'll let you know more later.

    ReplyDelete