title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, January 25, 2015

DAMMIT!!

You're going along in life--trying to eat healthy, being kind and gentle to everyone, being a good person.  Everything is fine, you feel great, until you get the bad diagnosis.  

My blogging friend Balisha (Pat) is going through that now and I HATE IT!!!  

I love this woman, that I have never met.  I've read her blog for quite a few years now.  Read the painful experience she so bravely shared when her son died.  

She had her yearly check-up in November and all was fine.  That's the way Ovarian cancer is.  It doesn't show up in a PAP test or a physical check-up.  My BFF had it and the only way she knew...she put on a pair of slacks she had worn the month before, and she was so bloated, she couldn't get them on.  

Sure there is a special blood test you can get, CA-125, but it is costly and insurance won't pay for it until AFTER the diagnosis.  Then they do it all the time to "check your numbers."

I HATE IT!! We should all have hysterectomies when we are done with child bearing!!  

I am just asking that you all take a moment today--right now--and say a  prayer for Balisha.  She deserves only good things in life AND she will have remission--after the treatments, but it will take a while.

She has very strong faith and that will help get her through.

God, hold Pat in the palm of your hand, help the doctor's find the correct treatment and bring her to remission.  I pray this in Jesus name!  Amen.

8 comments:

  1. This blogging thing makes friends of people we never meet, doesn't it? I've seen Balisha's comments on blogs - always supportive of her blogging friends. I hope she now gets all the support she needs and this ordeal is soon behind her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, I am right there with you.
    Love Balisha and we have never met.
    So many we do not meet in person
    and have a relationship with
    because of our sharing from our hearts.
    Lord
    Please heal Balisha
    be with her every moment
    of every day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, have seen her comments on your blog and hope for the best outcome for her. Of all the cancers, that one brings such fear into our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, will certainly keep her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's in my prayers, bless her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing is fair.... nothing... god bless her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for Balisha - and will continue. Ovarian cancer is especially ruthless. Praying for successful treatment and remission. Praying for strength as she needs it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Balisha - This is so unfair! I add my prayers to this circle round her.

    ReplyDelete