title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Quiet Day

Today's high temperature: 14 degrees and bright sunshine.
===========================


Thank you for your reassurance that I'm not going "dottie" or whatever they call it in Great Britian.  By the way, after watching PBS and hours of the biography of King George V and Queen Mary, and an hour of "As Time Goes By", and then one hour of Downton Abbey, I found myself talking quite British all day Monday, HAH.

Dar told me that The Dowager reminds her of me--that we are very much alike.



I told Dar there is only one difference ( other than money, power and style).  When this lady speaks, her family listens to what she has to say.  When I speak my great wisdom, my family just snickers.
=============================

I am probably a cad, but instead of me calling the bank for Pearl, I told her how to do it.

I gave her the number of their technical customer service, I told her to get her last checking account statement because they would want her account number, I told her to have her debit card, just in case and I told her what to say.

I have heard nothing back.  I am just too tired to go through all of it.  Perhaps if she has to get the problem fixed, she will be more careful to put in the correct ID and password?  She needs to learn to stand on her own about these things...she will probably have her daughter do it all for her, LOL.

I suppose I will have to do the ASK removal, but...not today or tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. It's time consuming and frustrating enough to fix your own computer glitches, I can't image fixing someone else's when you have no clue what they've been doing on it. Maybe it's best to let her daughter solve her computer issues so her daughter can keep closer track of her mental capacities and start helping her out on a more regular base. Very sad.

    I love an English accent. I would have loved hearing you talk that way. I always thought I was 1/2 Italian and 1/2 English decent, but my genealogy research has proven I'm 1/4 English, 1/4 Irish and 1/2 Italian. Computers sure have made genealogy easier! I remember following my mother around to court houses and cemeteries to get information back in the "olden days." And I know you've done your share of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mother started our genealogy in 1968, when she died in 1970, I took over and yes, spent lots of time visiting the courthouse for birth and death certificates or wrote letters back to New York to find the same, $5.00 each back then. Then my sister moved to NY state and started going to all the place mentioned in our history to try and find graves and homes where they lived. One day, she stopped in at the Jefferson County Library and asked and the genealogist told her they had quite a bit of history on the Walts family. Come to find out, it was all the information I had sent to them, LOL. Ancestry.com sure has been a godsend! I have gone back a couple more generations and have just about completed our history on both sides. I even found the cemetery where our Dad's 6th grandfather is buried. All the years my sister lived out there, we never could find it. SUCCESS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know if you check your older posts for comments but I just had to say that I have lots of ancestors who lived in Jefferson County, NW. A small world. And they settled in Iosco County in your part of MI.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, nobody listens to me either. pfffttt

    ReplyDelete