title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, January 20, 2014

Releif

Today's high temperature was: 23 degrees at noon
10 degrees now.  Minus degrees tomorrow.
===============================

I wish Alberta would keep her Clippers up there in Canada, where they belong.
I wish Santa would keep his Polar air, up at the North Pole, where it belongs.
We are heading into another week of minus and single digit temperatures.

Not that it will effect me all that much.  I have no where to go and nothing to do so......I will stay warm and cozy in my wee residence.

Got up this morning and was going to take a shower--no hot water.  All sorts of worse case scenarios went through my head as I cleaned out the bedroom closet to get to the hot water heater waaaaaay in the back.  Heating element burned out?  Nope--I have a gas heater--they don't have an element.  They have a pan with the gas burner under it.  Down draft of air blew out the pilot light?  Probably--has happened before, but not in the last 3 years.  

I called Pearl's husband Merle and he came down to together, we figured it out.  Got the pilot light lit, turned the dial to "ON" and...whoosh, on came the gas and the day was saved.

Merle went home and I noticed that the toilet was running--like it needed the flush handle jiggled.  I jiggled.  It kept running.  So............I took off the tank cover and jiggled and fiddled and found out the problem.  The water leveler, on the float, had been turned so that the float never went back into his "hole" to let the tank fill up.  Turned it back and all was well.  Saved the day again.

Finally has enough hot water to take a shower.

Watched my soap, and traveled to the Chiropractor.

My headache was once again galloping all over the top of my head, my neck hurt so bad I could hardly turn it, the pain behind my shoulder blade (scapula) was back and my arm was numb.

I got the massage--it hurt so bad, but this girl knows what she's doing.  Then I saw the doc.  He gently held my head and moved my neck back and forth a bit--then he used his magic Woody Woodpecker tool up and down my spine, on my shoulder joints and my neck.  Then I moved to another room and another tech came in and ran the Thumper all up and down my spine, neck, and down my back, legs and feet.

I was so limp I didn't know if I'd be able to walk back to the car.  The cost?  $10.00--that was for the massage--the rest of the Chiropractic visit is paid for my Medicare.  I go back next week.  I will have to go once a week for, probably, four weeks, then every other week, until I can get back to the monthly maintenance.  I never should have quit going in November--6 weeks is just too long--the reason being?  I have slipped twice on the ice and contorted my spine and neck keeping my balance, PLUS, the old arthritic joints were really hurting.  Feel very sore tonight and probably will a bit tomorrow, but by Wednesday, if it is as it was before, I will be pain free.  At least the headache is gone!!!

Now--I have parked my car and don't think I will have to venture out until Thursday, when I once again, run out of Diet Pepsi and milk.  I have been without CAKE for three days and I may have to get some soon!  I was going to stop today on the way home, but something told me I was too tired, so instead of going through Brighton to get home, I came home the back way and when I got up to the west side of town, the corner where I turn right to come home, there was a very long line of traffic going into town.  I looked in my rear view mirrors and I could see fire trucks and ambulances, so, apparently there had been an accident.  I'm glad I listened to the God Whisper that told me to go the other way.

Now--I am exhausted and going to bed.  

I have such an exciting life!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. When that storm gets done with you it will rumble through our area as well. They expect it to hit us tomorrow morning (Tuesday) and continue till 11pm or so.

    Our Medicare Advantage Plan only pays for manipulation at the chiropractor and the co-pay is $20...I don't go because of that. It was nice when our neighbor, who has since moved out of state, used to do that for us free of charge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are pain free, Judy. At $10.00 a visit you're getting a real bargain that you shouldn't pass up as often as you need it.

    It's suppose to be 9 below here tonight and the house is back to making all kinds of funny noises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you have relief from the headache,. Chiropractic care is wonderful!
    I have progress and was planning to return to work tomorrow but we are getting another blizzard with heavy winds and 12"+ so work is already canceled for Wed. Perfect for me to have one more day to be better.
    Headed out now to get a few things and gas in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad the chiropractor works for you, and that medicare pays for it. I had no idea.

    I'm not going to make a "Woody Woodpecker Tool" joke, just to say that I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

    I didn't realize you'd fallen twice. Ice is so treacherous. Hope you feel better all over soon.

    ReplyDelete