title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I Think It Will Help.....

...because--I took card stock paper and on each sheet, I typed in two days of the week, ex. MONDAY, then farther down,  TUESDAY--in 72 font and bold.  Then I cut the pages in half so both were the same size, punched holes in the top, put a piece of heavy duty string through the holes, and now that contraption hangs on my bedroom closet door and when I go to bed, I flip the next card over, so that when I wake up in the morning, the first thing I see is--THE CORRECT DAY OF THE WEEK.  and...it really helped this morning.  I knew it was Wednesday all day and was not confused at all, wondering what day it was and if I had something special to do or watch on TV.  

Hey--I may be losing my memory, but I still got my ingenuity!!!
=================================
So--Pearl is constantly yelling at me because I never go anywhere, so this morning, I walked up to her place and sat and chatted with her for over an hour. 

Then I came home and wrote out checks and paid bills on-line.  

My friend from Saginaw called, but she couldn't talk.  She refuses to get the flu shot and now she has the flu and is very, very sick.  I hope it doesn't go into pneumonia!!

Watched my soap and cross stitched.

Then Bethie called to say, she and her hubs were going to a movie in town and she was going to stop out to bring me dry cat food and the loaf of Banana-Nut bread that she forgot at the last luncheon.  It was so good to see her and chat a bit.  That bread is out of this world!!!  It isn't made from any boxed mix that's for sure.  A nice big slice, warmed a bit and slathered with butter (and I mean slathered) was so good, when I finished it, I had to have another big slice!!!
===================================
Then I cleaned up and hauled out my garbage can because--I KNEW it was Wednesday :-)

Ate some Tuna-Mac Casserole that I made yesterday--I actually cooked.  I had Tuna-Mac salad for lunch and Tuna-Mac casserole for supper.  I live such an exciting life.

Then I watched the news, and Wheel of Fortune and (my favorite) Jeopardy and watched MSU beat NorthWestern in basketball.  

During  half-time I called my little sis and we talked for an hour!!!  So nice.
=========================
I got an e-mail from Bethie telling me she was not going to the girls luncheon tomorrow, because..........of all the reasons I had blogged about last month.  I can remember, when we used to get together, we'd sit and talk and laugh and didn't want to leave after two hours.  Now, no one talks, we start looking at our watches as soon as we are done eating, and the only important bit of information is deciding where the next luncheon will be.  Can anyone say, BORING?

About the only reason I even go now is because I get to stop in afterwards and visit with my sister, but not tomorrow--because I decided last month that I wasn't going to go this month, except I had something to give to Bethie and we took care of that this afternoon!

I think your advice was correct--attend every other month or two.
======================
So what do you all think about that story of the lady who is brain dead, but is pregnant (16 weeks) and by law the hospital can't pull the plug, but her husband and family want too?

Let us hope none of us are ever faced with a decision like that!!!  On the one hand, the woman is truly head, but they can keep her body functioning with life support.

On the other hand, there is another life involved here.  Apparently the baby is still alive.  Can they wait another month or so to see, through an ultra sound, if the baby is viable and could be born via Caesarean?  Man alive--what an awful situation.

Well, enough of all that.  Tomorrow I am going shopping because I am out of milk, Diet Pepsi, wet cat food and I need to see if I can get that part to fix my toilet handle.  

Geez--husband's do come in handy at times!  I can't quite figure out how to fix it and I know, Fred would know right away.

Wish my camera would get here--I have so much to show you!!!


5 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you've found a way to recall the day. I would lose track too if I didn't work, I still get befuddled sometimes cause it 'feels' like a different day.

    I can't wait till you get your camera either, I'm dying to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss your camera, too!

    Your flip cards to remember the day reminded me that I actually do something similar. The last thing I do at night is make a list of what I want to do the next day, complete with the day of the week at the top, and I leave it where I eat breakfast. I've been doing this since 2002 when my husband got his ability to read back after his stroke in 2000 but he couldn't talk to ask questions about our day ahead. Got the calendar clock for the same reason. He's gone by the list habit and clock are still very useful. to me.

    I hate to say it, but I'll bet you're going to have to order a new handle for your toilet and they are not cheap. We broke ours and the part cost $50.00. Are you talking about the part that you push on to make the toilet flush? If so, they are not generic parts found in box store plumbing departments. I recently replaced my low toilet for a high one and I made the guy take off the handle on the low toilet before he hauled it away. He said they just grid up those toilets to recycle them so they strip out the guts anyway. I kept the top of the tank, too, because it fit the new toilet as well...ordered the same model only taller so the footprint would be the same.

    I'd hate to be in the position as the brain dead pregnant woman's family! Those kinds of decisions should be made between the family and her doctors without the government getting involved in my opinion. Experts say there is no way of knowing if the baby will be normal. It all depends on how long the mother was oxygen deprived before she was found unconscious at 14 weeks. Her mother, father and husband are all in agreement. God, that must have been a hard process for them, to be technically brain stem dead but kept alive for months on end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, that last sentence should have read: ...weeks on end, not months on end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting for ordered things can drive you batty! I FINALLY have everything that I ordered as far back as December 8!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quote is golden. Better than anything I've read on BrainyQuote.
    "Hey--I may be losing my memory, but I still got my ingenuity!!!"

    I'm very impatient waiting for you camera to arrive. I need some Judy pics now.

    What is it with people who won't get the flu shot? Especially old people. Our immune systems aren't what they used to be.

    We love tuna-mac casseroles.

    I miss talking on the phone to my sister. I wish I could call her right now.
    I love your blog, Judy. I relate to it so much. I read it to my husband and we look forward to your postings.

    ReplyDelete