title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, January 3, 2014

It's A Tad Cold

Sunny and -7 degrees!

This is what I accomplished yesterday--this and nothing much else :-)


Got the outhouses put behind the school--the cemetery where 4 generations of ancestor's sleep and the Burns Township  hall.

The school is now a house--the one I wanted to rent last August, on the corner.  The Township Hall has been torn down and it's land is now a new part of the cemetery.

NOW--I have to figure out how to create my school--don't quite know how I'm going to do that.
=====================
Good football game last night--Oklahoma (15 point under dog) beat Alabama!  I was so happy as I dislike the Alabama coach--who coached for a time at MSU and then basically deserted them.  

Tonight is Ohio State against Clemson.  I will be rooting for Ohio State as they are a Big Ten team and....I don't even know where Clemson is located, LOL.


4 comments:

  1. I hope you plan to write something up for the back of this cross-stitch that explains all the buildings. You and your family know but this folk art piece will get handed down for many generations...if not in your family, through antique stores. It's a very cool way to document all the important real estate in one's life time!

    This cold weather has my house making the strangest noises! And because of the wheelchair friendly door jams, I have trouble with one door freezing shut. It takes five minutes with a little space heater on it to open the door! Can't wait until next week when MI gets a break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minus seven!! Burrrrr!!
    Jean has a great idea there. An artist who did a silhouette of my son when he was five told me to write his name, the date and our address on the back. He said that seventy-five years from now, someone would buy it in an antique store or a future relative would want to know who he was and even ride by the house of that little boy. You are preserving history in a unique way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. North Dakotas football team is in texas and play tomorrow so i may catch some of that. Our schools and activities are closed monday because of -30 without wind is expected and then we are to get wind too, it is blizzarding now so i guess i will hunker down for the weekend. Love your stitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cross stitch is coming along nicely! I bet you are really enjoying making it, too!

    ReplyDelete