title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, September 30, 2013

A Blessing

Today's high temperature was:  74 degrees
Cloudy and dripping, then sunny and nice

=================================
Oh you guys!!!  What a blessing I had this morning!!

Pammie brought Evan over, after she dropped the three other kids at school.

He got out of the car and said, "Hi Mimi," and ran up to me--I was waiting on the porch, of course.

He gave me a hug around the knees and we came inside.





I so feared he would have forgotten me.  I haven't seen him in five months, but he seemed very comfortable.  He came over to my chair, where I was sitting, and leaned into me and I hugged him and kissed the top of his head and whispered, "Mimi loves you."  and tried not to get tears in my eyes.  He roamed around the house looking for the cats--he remembered!

I gave him his Elmo pillow and he squealed, "ELMO!" and then laid his head down on it.  I was so involved with what was going on, I forgot to take a picture of him holding his pillow!!!

Pammie and I got to talk a bit, while he was investigating and looking under things, trying to find the cats.  She told me that Andrew, who is almost 12, is bossy.  Telling everyone what to do and how to do it.  Elise and Jen spent last week in London and Paris (!!) and Elise is a bit snotty at times, she is 9.  Alex is as calm as ever at 7, but has been in trouble a couple of times at school, with another boy there.

Most of the time, I just sat and watched him.  He had changed so much since the last time I saw him. I know how fast kids that age grow and change.  He is very tall for his age, has long legs and talks so clearly.

He kept going down the hall to my bedroom and saying, "Cats. Cats."  I had told him they were probably taking a nap under my bed.  After he and Pammie left, this is what I found.

He had taken all the cat toys from their toy basket and put them near the bed where the cats could play with them when they woke up.


He did the same thing when he was here in March.


===========================================================



Isn't he adorable?
His hair is longish and curly in back.

Elise and Alex are blue-eyed blonde's, and look more like their Daddy.  

It struck me how much he looks like his mother
and his oldest brother Andrew.
...and they all have my nose!!!

=================================================

Sally--http://www.whispering-hope.blogspot.com/do you think we ought to get the marriage contract signed now?  

Sally's great grand daughter, is a couple of weeks younger then Evan.  We have decided they need to get together, when they get a bit older.  I borrowed this picture of her great grand daughter off her blog.  Don't you think they would be perfect together?

                          Rylan Benny                                                                  Evan Eric
============================================================
I didn't do much today--I sat and revelled in the good feeling of seeing that sweet little boy, then watched my soap and went to the Chiropractor.  Stopped at the Rich People's store for some salads and Boar's Head lunch meat and came on home.  

Tomorrow--there will be staining more of the front porch.  I sure hope I get it done before snow comes, LOL.











10 comments:

  1. That is one gorgeous boy. I'm so glad you got to see him. Rylan is a good choice and a beauty. Bella Rum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful child and I love the cat story. Pammie is just so dear to make this happen for you. Joyful tears for you this morning, my friend. Good luck with the painting job. If I know you, great progress will be made today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you...He's such a sweet looking little boy. I too loved the cat story.
    Be happy,
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww he's adorable Judy! And I want to be invited to the wedding when he marries Rylan! You and Sally will be great grandma in-laws! I'm glad you got to spend time with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you got to see him and give him his Elmo pillow. He's adorable and it's so cute that he put all the cat toys by the bed...smart little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you, that you got a good visit from such an adorable little grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great visit! He is adorable, and he and Rylan would be fabulous...lol. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet little boy. I'm glad that he liked his pillow. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I AM SO HAPPY TO READ THIS!!!!!! He is absolutely ADORABLE~~~~cutie pie.

    Have been working at the house, and not on the computer until now. Thanks for the pics of the two of them together; they do look like a good pair!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a great day today!! So happy you got to bond with Evan! He really is adorable! What soap do u watch? General hospital? I like to catch that and young/ restless when i can!

    ReplyDelete