title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Strange

Today's high temperature was:  66 degrees
Sunny and wonderful!!
==============================================
The wonderment continues.  This morning, I woke up at 6:45--feeling well rested.  Just 10 short days ago, I couldn't get to sleep until 2-3 in the morning and when I woke  up around 9-10, I felt sluggish and like my mind was MIA.  Now--I am  yawning and ready for bed around 10 at night, and get to sleep near 11:30--sleep well, hardly move all night, and wake up early.  Today was the first day in many months that I saw the sun rise--different perspective for sure.

The yard waste people come today and although I had two bags of my bush trimmings ready, I wanted to get the perennials cut down and the annuals disposed of.  Out at 8:00, in the nippy morning air, (45 degrees) and got it all done and ready for the pick-up.  Now, I just have to put the planters and porch stuff in the shed and I will be ready to prep the porch and get ready to paint.  I know it is going to be a big job--painting all those spindles--TWICE!  If I don't get the floor done, then I will just do the spindles and wait for spring to finish the floor, but....I'll bet I get it all done because.........you know when I am on a project, I get very driven to get it done.

Speaking of which:
"Hi.  It's ELMO!!"

Now, I just have to wash him, cut him to fit a 12 inch pillow, cut the backing, sew it, the front and the piping all together and stuff the heck out of him.  The sewing part has me a bit worried---It has been many years since I've sewn anything and it makes me nervous!!!
==================================
I wanted to report--the Finish Quantum that the dish washer repair guy told me to use, is really remarkable!  I've used Cascade since I have lived here--thinking it was a much better product then Finish.  I have used the Finish Quantum for about---6 weeks?  I have got to say, I notice a difference, not only in the dishes that are free of calcium and lime, but the (clear) glasses and bowls absolutely shine--as does the stainless ware.  And, I noticed last night, how really clean and white the inside of the dish washer is now.  I'm sold!!!
===========================

Speaking with a youngish woman yesterday--early fifties--and I had to bite my tongue until it was practically bleeding!  Her grammar was atrocious!!  She is a beautiful, gifted woman, but the minute she opens her mouth, she sounds like she came from the Hill Country.  "We thought about going, but we haven't went yet." "I seen it the other day."  "They haven't came."   

Ending sentences with a preposition doesn't affect me that much--I do it often myself, but the "word tense" problem she has, just makes my teeth grate.   NO--I am not the teacher of the world, so I didn't say anything, but by the time I got back to my car, my jaw was sore from all the clenching, LOL.
================================
I visited with Pearl this morning.  Tomorrow she starts the colon cleanse for her Colonoscopy, (she calls it a colonectomy) so she will be unavailable for a couple of days.  

Pearl wants me to do some research for her.  In 1968, they bought a gold plated Red Wings hockey puck--as an investment (?).  It cost $150.00 back then.  Now, they "might" like to sell it.  I have searched and searched and cannot find anything on the Internet for one of these things.  What do you think?  Should they take it to a jewelry shop or a pawn broker?  How can they find a collector of this kind of thing?  They think it is probably worth many thousands of dollars.  I think, it is another one of their poor decisions--but--that's just me!

Dar was over this morning.  She wanted to tell me about something on the website for the Meijer's store--she just started her job yesterday.

"It's called Impereks.  I downloaded it myself and actually didn't make any mistakes. You need to download it to get the latest coupons and special sales."

"What's it called?"

"Impereks.  (Em Per x).  You download it to your cell phone."

"I don't have a cell phone."

"Oh.  Why not?  EVERYBODY has a cell phone!"

"Well, obviously not EVERYONE has one, as I don't and I know a few others who don't"

"Oh--well maybe you can get it on your e-mail."

After she left, I came into the computer room and searched on the Meijer website and could not find it.  I kept looking around the site and noticed a word over on the left of the page, "sign up for your MPerks, sent to your mobile device."

MPERKS!  Like--Meijer Perks.  Not IMPEREKS--Em Per X.  GOOD GRIEF!!!  Please, just let me move to a little house in the woods where I don't have to relate to people everyday.  They drive me nuts!!!
===============================

This reminds me of Pearl and me.







8 comments:

  1. The word tense thing in conversation drives me nuts too.

    I would start with a Sports Memorabilia brick and mortar or online store to get a feel for if the hock puck has any value but I'd be shocked if they'll even close to what they think it's worth, more likely in the hundreds than the thousands. It's was made to sell as a collectible. It's like collector plates and dolls that promise they will go up in value but they sell so many you can't keep them long enough in one life to time to see a great return on your money.

    I wish I had your enthusiasm for cleaning and maintenance. You make me jealous with your energy and abilities to get jobs done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've notice the "haven't went yet" with my daughter, but I haven't corrected her. I'm certainly no grammar queen, but I do notice mistakes (and make a lot myself that's for sure.) I've noticed Judy that (and don't get mad because I'm probably wrong) that you actually use the word "then" when I thought it should be "'than". Just like with Patti, I hate to mention something like that. And, like I said I could be wrong.

    Please tell me what you think,and don't be mad; I love ya! :)

    Okay, now I'm embarrassed, and going to bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally-you are so right!! "Rather then"--when it should be than. I also use a lot of hash marks, instead of commas and.....when I don't want to finish a sentence or create a pause. I will now be on the look-out for then versus than, LOL

      Delete
  3. I'm embarrassed that I had so many typing/spelling errors in my comment above while commenting on other people's grammar. LOL. I shouldn't reply when I'm tired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I love that whole cabin in the woods idea. Yesterday I needed a people time out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elmo looks great!

    You'll have that porch done in no time. If it were me I'd be at it for years. Since I know this about myself, I'd probably hire it done so it would actually GET DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I met two women in the Dr. office, while waiting for Joe yesterday. We were the only ones waiting, so it was quiet....and I have very good hearing I couldn't understand a word that came out of their mouths. They were speaking English....but with a southernish drawl. (did I just make up a new word?)
    Did you test the red for color fastness? He's so cute and you did it in no time. You'll do fine with the sewing part...It's like riding a bike....you never forget.
    Can't wait to see the finished project.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elmo is adorable.

    You are one busy woman. I love your maintenance/gardening posts. They make me feel like I've actually done something. I can't believe it's time to put our garden to bed. It seems like you were going to the nursery and planting everything only yesterday.

    I'm going to look for that Finish Quantum. Does WalMart carry it.

    Good on you for your new sleeping habits, but you know I'm jealous.
    Bella Rum

    ReplyDelete