title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Great Day!

Today's high temperature was: 75 degrees
Today's humidity was:   42%
Sunny and lovely.
We have heat coming back tomorrow
==============================================

OH WOW!!!  I had forgotten this was happening.  A company is not only publishing my 3 children's story books I wrote, but they are putting them in e-book and print format.  I so wanted them in print!!!

Unfortunately, they started with my least favorite, but soon the other 2 will be ready.  I AM GEEKED!!!!!  I will probably end up being their biggest buyer, LOL.  I want copies to donate to the libraries around here too.

I had my books published as an e-book format since 2004, but they weren't selling very well.  Then that publisher wanted to know if I wanted them in print.  I said, "Sure." and I got a notice from this company that they were going to do that.  However--that was THREE years ago and since then, I had forgotten all about it.  I do not remember signing a contract--I haven't paid out one cent as yet.  Now, via e-mail, she informs me that this book is up and ready for sale?  The price they have listed, in my opinion, is ridiculous, but then what do I know.  I am going to stop in the children's picture book in Wal-Mart tomorrow and check out prices.  Last I knew, a Golden Book went for 59 cents!  Anyway, I want to get a box of each book shipped to me so I can sell them and donate them--and yet, I have no clue what my price would be to get them and I have to order 50 each book.

Needless to say, I e-mailed her and ask her these questions.  If I have to pay retail rate--it just ain't going to happen.  BUT--they are being put into print and for that--I am GEEKED!!!!

http://guardianangelpublishing.com/just-too-little.htm
============================================

So much excitement around here today---the guy finally (after 6 weeks) showed up to trim my big Maple tree beside my front porch. I had it trimmed five years ago and it cost $240.00, that was taking out some old, large growth.  Then Freddy climbed up in it and trimmed out the new growth, but, it has come back the last three years and so.................only cost $100.00 today and well worth it.  It just opens up my viewing space and lets more sun in--for winter you know.


 Before

After 
Can you see the difference?

In between 
Monkey up a tree!!

================================================
They no sooner left then I got a phone call from sister.

"Are you awake?"

"Well....yes."

"I'm at JoAnn's on my way to Meijers and I have to go to the bathroom, can I stop in?"

"Yes."

Click

Glad I had cleaned up the bathroom after my morning shower.

She drove in, she ran down the hallway, and then she came back out.  She talked to her "niece and nephew" (Maggie and Buddy) and out she ran.  We chatted a bit in between times, but she was always moving.  As she was running out to her car, I yelled, "Think about going up to Frankenmuth next month--Okay?"

"Yep,"

Nice for the chance and spontaneity of a drop in visit however. Haven't had that for us in 30 years!  LOL.  
=========================================

Then I had to get over to the Chiropractor.  I took the book of children's stories along with me and gave to the doc.  He was really happy--said he would be reading some of the stories tonight, after supper, as the kids got ready for sleep.

I got a massage--hurt like heck--on the muscles of my neck and shoulders and lower back, then the doc went all over me with the "tapper" what I call the Woodpecker Gun; he even used it on my arthritic hands and especially my right hand where arthritis is pulling my thumb into the palm of my hand.  Then I had the zapper (like a T.E.N. S. device--pads on my neck and shoulder with electric pulses going through--and then, I even got underwater ultra sound on my arthritis hands.  Nice.  and it cost?  $15.00 for the massage.  If I didn't have the massage, it would have been $0!!  Medicare now pays for Chiropractic adjustments.  YAY!

I was going to stop at Wal-Mart to take back some stuff I bought that is either defective or I decided I didn't need, but I was so mellowed out from the massage--my legs felt like boiled noodles, that I just came home. 
===============================

I no more then got in the door and I saw Dar walking over.  

She walks in, "I noticed you just got back.  Where were you?"

"I was at the Chiropractor's office, I........................."

"Oh.  I went to mine today too.  And the eye doctor's. You were gone quite awhile."

"I had some extra adjustment's done to........................."

"Oh, I also stopped in at my doctor's office.  It appears I owe them over three hundred dollars.  Instead of sending me a bill every month, they decided to wait to see what Medicare would pay.  They didn't, so I have too. Can you believe this weather?  It is suppose to get hot tomorrow though.  Oh my gosh, we are suppose to have storms tomorrow night.  There's a cold front coming through.  Did you know that the manager of the park might be leaving.  You forgot to tell me that I owed you ten dollars.  You should have seen my Father Sunday.  Oh my gosh, he was so funny. We were at.................................."

So, I just sat and listened to what SHE wanted to talk about.  Per usual.  I can't even remember most of it now.

I happened to look up and there was Pearl, on my porch, putting Hydrangea's in one of my railing boxes, along with some fake leaves I had put in there.  Just then, Dar's phone rang and she started the kind of conversation she always does when in the presence of someone--she repeats everything the other person is saying so that you are aware of the things going on in her magnificent life....so I got up and walked out to see what Pearl was up to.

Pretty soon, Darlene came out and the three of us chatted.  Dar told us that with her new job is a union reps assignment.  "I will have to be full time because if I am a union rep, they can't put me on part time."  Then the raucous horse laugh came out.   "My father is sooooo proud of me!  He was a BIG union rep and both my brothers were too and now.....his daughter."  

Raucous laugh   I swear, she sounds just like Curly, in the Three Stooges!!!

Pearl continued to look up, but said nothing, so.....I said, "Well, I will try and restrain myself from saying any negative thoughts I have about  unions." 

Pearl burst right out giggling!

Then I went over to the planter and said, "Pearl, thank you so much.  Isn't this just beautiful?  I needed something else in there to fill it out and this is absolutely perfect!"

Dar looked over my shoulder and then said, "I gotta get home.  I am going out to dinner with Sheila.  That was her that called.  Oh--my life is so busy, but I am so blessed. "  Down the steps she went with a "God bless you both richly.  Bye."

So Pearl and I sat out on the porch and had a nice chat.  A two-way chat. 





P.S.  If you want to buy any of my books, wait until I get all three of them made and then I will sell them to you personally. It will cost you a lot less :-)













5 comments:

  1. How exciting about the books! Congratulations.

    Your planters look great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my friend, congratulations on the books. That's fun!
    I love your combined efforts with Pearl... the flower boxes looks so beautiful for Fall, and what a wonderful difference it makes to have the maple tree pruned.
    I, too, have that thumb closing in on the hand thing, too. It can be very painful and sometimes I cannot open my left hand. Hope the chiropractic treatment helps to ease it out. I must get back to seeing mine.
    Have another wonderful day.....beautiful moon these nights, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Yes, let me know when those books are for sale! I'll buy them for my future grandchildren! I may pick them up personally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news about your books.
    Your place looks so nice and neat....and the flower boxes look so pretty.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations - fantastic news about your books. You must be SO excited! Jx

    ReplyDelete