title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My Visit To The Police Station

Today's high temperature was: 91 degrees
Today's humidity was: 62%
Hot, hot, hot.
Then severe storms came through at 6:00 and it cooled off nice!!
YAY
=====================================


I got a call yesterday to be at the State Police post in Brighton, today at 11:00 a.m. Although I didn't get to sleep until 5:00 this morning, I made it in time.

I had to fill out forms, and they took my picture--boy, they sure wanted to know a lot about me. My age and height and weight!!

A lady came to the holding tank and took me back to a room and made me lay down on a table that the guy called, "The Rack". He pushed down on my shoulders while the rack pulled up on my neck. Then he told me to sit up and said he was going to use a "gun" on me!!! It must have been an automatic pistol, because he shot up and down my spine and it felt like rubber bullets hitting me!  I told him he should put needles in the gun and then it would feel like acupuncture.

Then, this lady took me to another bigger room and sat me in a chair. She said, "Now we are going to electrocute you." I was ready to confess to anything--I would have said, "yes, I did it," even if I hadn't. 

She put pads on my back and shoulder and hooked up the electrical wires to a machine and ZAP--I felt the first shock hit me--and it got stronger and stronger!!!
======

The Chiropractor, that I went to four years ago, has moved into a beautiful new building.  It just happens to be where the State Police Post in Brighton, was housed until 2012.  

He said my shoulder's are coming up to hug my neck.  Me neck is extremely tight and I had lots of oweee's where pockets of lactic acid had settled--toxins, they called them.  I also got a very painful 20 minute massage.  I ache all over tonight, but I actually feel much better.  So far, my left arm has not gone numb!!  All that, and it only cost $15.00--that was for the massage--if I just get an adjustment, Medicare will cover it.  YAY!!!  I have to go back Friday.
=======================

I was going to go to the Rich's People's store, which is only about 2 blocks from his office, but by the time I got out of there, my legs felt like marshmallow creme and I was so sleepy.  I drove on home and climbed into my recliner.  After my soap, I headed back into town to get my salads, find a belt to hold up my blue jeans and stopped on the way home for a "five dollar foot long."  Next month, Subway's special "five dollar foot long" is going to be the Spicy Italian--my favorite.  Unfortunately, I have used up the gift card Pammie gave me for my birthday, but...I will find five bucks somewhere a few times next month.  A foot long sub makes 2 meals for me.
=======================================================

We had some heavy duty storms roll through.  60 mph wind gusts, hard, pounding rain and a nice cold front behind the storms.  I think autumn is finally here--starting tomorrow.  I am glad, actually.

Dar came over to pick up the frosting she wanted me to buy for her and, instead of paying me, she showed me this and wondered if I wanted it.


It came into the Salvation Army store today.
Brand new, still in the original package.


Here is the description on the package front:
Baby Quilt Stamped Cross Stitch Kit 34x43 - Mod Zoo: 
Happy faces will make baby smile. Zoo-inspired baby quilt 
is stamped for cross-stitch on white pre-quilted 
polyester/cotton fabric with a finished edge. 
Kit contains presorted cotton floss, needle, and instructions. Approximately 34 x 43" (86 x 109cm). Made in U.S.A.

Retail Price:
$49.99


It was marked $2.99 on the package!!!
Now---when I get Elmo done and the other baby quilt done, then I have one to work on this winter.  I AM THRILLED!!!!!
========================================


Okay-I am  having a slight problem with my spacing.  I went into HTML and tried to change the codes, but when I return to "Compose", it goes back to the left margin not being where I want it.

Anyway--I wrote a letter to the Probate Court in the County where my step-mother lived and died and---no Will has been filed for probate in her name!  SAY WHAT???

This was an e-mail I got from their office today.

Dear Judith,

The Genesee County Clerk’s Office forwarded a letter to us, from you, requesting information on a will for Helen Walts.

Please be advised that the Genesee County Probate Court shows no record of a will for Helen Walts. There was a Petition and Order for Assignment filed on 6/13/13 (case number: 13-196433-PE) that may be viewed in our office Monday through Friday from 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. If copies are desired, they will be $1.00 per page.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Thank you,

So--I sent back a reply and asked if it could be filed in Shiawassee County as that is where she lived most of her life.

This was her reply:

That’s a possibility. You might want to check with Shiawassee County Probate Court. People don’t always deposit their wills with the court for safekeeping, so even if you know there was a will it might be really hard to find. Good luck!

Does the first e-mail mean that the Order for Assignment mean it is going to be filed at a later date?  I should have taken a correspondence course in Law!!!  Of course, I could just ask my youngest, Jen The Attorney, but of course, she still isn't speaking to me.   

I shared the e-mail with my sister.  I didn't want her name involved at all, in case someone found out there had been an inquiry.  I was going to be the bad girl in all this.  It's not that we have to know an amount, or even when we might get the PROMISED annuity, but it sure would be nice to know that one is coming--so we could breathe a sigh of relief and plan a bit.  Susan certainly would like to go on with more renovation with the money that was PROMISED to her and I would just like to know that I can make it a few more years with the PROMISED annuity and not have to go on Welfare or file for bankruptcy!!!

Yes--it is my own fault, being in this position.  I got stuck with a credit card debt for Fred and then, after his oldest daughter said not to worry they would take care of the funeral expenses, so I put it on another credit card--and they didn't help after the first two months, but still.......................my household income was $2,300 on December 31s, Fred was paying half the household expenses and paying me back what he owed me, and then...on January 1, 2012, it dropped to $843.00.

DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA--or anybody else.  I will get myself through, because...I just will!!

This is why I say that my Pammie, reminds me of me!  We are so gullible, or have no self respect or--get stupid with helping people and trusting and believing they will pay us back the money we lent them.   Thank Goodness, Pammie is twenty years younger then me and she is a lot smarter then I was at 54.  Maybe in twenty years, she will be in better shape.

Anyway--it is a scary thing each and every month. But, God has always taken care of me--always.  So--if it is in His plan, we will find out if the Will is like it is supposed to be, as PROMISED!!!
=====================

I have a home, a car, a computer and TV that work and two wonderful purry furry's--I have everything I need.

By the way, did you see Cape Cod Kitty's comment yesterday?  She said I should have gone over to where the hunky guys were taking the mobile home apart and ask if my moccasins might be up on the roof.  LOL!!!  I should have--I would have had a better view of their beefiness!!!
======================

See ya tomorrow-Jude
     


















7 comments:

  1. hhhmmmmm just remember God works in ways we have no clue. I will tell only you on this puter,,, I was told my my "family" my mothr had no life ins. I KNew SHE DID. so I let it go,,, then last month I was sent a letter via my mothers old old address where I grew up, it was addressed to my step father, he has been dead manyyears,, 06 if I remember. the letter said that the company had checked ss number and came up with my mothers saying she had died. he then had 30 days to claim her life ins. claime in HS NAMe,,, remember he is dead. SOOOOOO I had to jump through a few hoops,, find WHERE,,WHEN he died,, I did this through google, Then I remembered that both my mom and my step dad bought the policies leaving each other the money,, my mom never collected my step fathers. SSSOOOOO I have neither original policies BUT got my mits on original death certs. wrote a letter filed claim on BOTH as being the only living relitive,,,,, WE SHALL SEE... can I say first thing I plan to do IF I get money is fly out and knock on doors collecting my mother and her belongings. I will let ya know,,,,, good luck my mom/friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go get 'em girlfriend!!!!!!!! I hope you get it all--don't tell the others. Get Mom's ashes and take her home!

      Delete
  2. In the state of PA the will is filed in the county the person died in. When I had to probate my mom's will I had to go to the county court house one county over because that is where she died. She didn't die at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, here too. Perhaps that sentence meant it has been assigned TO BE filed? We shall see.

      Delete
  3. http://www.co.grand-traverse.mi.us/courts/Probate_Court/Decedent_Estates/Small_Estate__Petition_and_Order_for_Assignment_.htm
    THis is the link that shows the Order for Assignment is used in cases of a small estate. I'm wondering if her assets weren't in a trust of some kind, that would avoid probate in some states. Email me if you have any other questions.
    There are lots of records online if you do a google search for "online free court record search"
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa--that's it!!!!! She had over a million dollar estate, but she told us it was all set up in trusts!! I'll bet that is it! Guess we just continue to wait? Thanks so much for making this known to me!!!

      Delete
  4. Love the start of this post.... I wondered where you were going! Glad to hear that the treatment has been helpful. Jx

    ReplyDelete