title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Mooing Calves--Screaming Back--Quaking Arms and Hands

Today's high temperature was:  72 degrees
Foggy morning, sun finally came out at 2:00.
======================================

Thank you for your kind comments about my blessing yesterday.  I woke up this morning, still smiling and so happy.

Today--I painted.  Then, I painted some more.  Then, I painted some more.

My calves were mooing, my back was screaming, and I finally quit when my arms and hands started shaking.

The sides are done and tomorrow will paint the posts on the stairs and the railing tops.

I probably have 6 more days work--honestly--for an 8 x 8 feet deck?  

This Old Grey Mare ain't what she used to be!

The outside work would have been nicer, IF I hadn't had to listen to the continual roar of the traffic on the Interstate.  The wind was coming from the south and blowing all that noise straight at me.  It started to actually wear on me emotionally and I stopped before I really wanted too.  

This woman was not made to live in noisy areas--areas with people living right on top of me.  I need to be where I hear only the breeze in the tree tops and the bird song.  I need to be where I can look up and see the horizon--not fifty million little houses all around me.  Thank goodness, I am in the back of this park and my view, from two windows, is of woods and wetlands--nature.  Sometimes, I would just like to plant a big hedge all around my lot so that I wouldn't have to see anyone else--I could hide in here and be perfectly happy.  

I tend to be a hermit--seeing people only when I want to.  But, it's the noise that gets to me the most.  I am a country girl and I SO want to be back home.

But--it is not to be, until I am buried in our nice quiet cemetery.  So.............ever forward.

5 comments:

  1. Staining the railing is going to take up more time than you can image. They don't look like they will but by the time you get all four sides done you don't move along very fast. The last time I did them two years ago I said that is going to be the LAST time I'll very work that hard.

    I don't like seeing people out my windows either and I can't on three sides...just the front and I don't use those front rooms much. I also have the kind of window shades you can see through but people can't see it. Looking out makes everything look like a water color painting. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, why I moved to the country for the peace and quiet. Most of my life in the city
    and grew up in apartment buildings in Detroit (it was awful) I love my life and living in the country. Always I thank you for your special words - we think a lot very similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya on the expressway noise. We've got 275 running north and south and M-14 running east and west both of which are only about 3 miles away from us. We hear them all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's how I felt yesterday - like I was on people/noise overload. I miss the country too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I know how long a painting project can take. You will get it done, though. Just keep plucking away at it and you'll have it done before frost is on the pumpkin. :)

    I would hate that noise, too. I'm sensitive to noise. I have trees in my backyard, thank goodness. I know what you mean about not wanting to be too close to other humans. :) The birds and woodland animals are just fine.

    ReplyDelete