title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Really Good Day!

Today's high Temperature was: 67 degrees
Sunny and nice
===================================

Because Jean asked.  This is the baby quilt I have just started on.  They come in a kit, with pattern and color chart and floss.  The quilt is all made and the design is stamped on the front of it.  Reading from a chart, I cross stitch in the appropriate colors.  I keep the stitches between the quilt front and the backing--so no stitches show on the back.




This is what it will look like when it is all done.  They sell for around $40 dollars, I just happened to get this one at the Salvation Army for $2.99!!!  I have to have something to do with my hands, while watching TV, so this, and a crochet project are always near me..................

.....stored out of sight, in this wooden box next to my chair.
=======================================================

A week ago Monday, the tree across the street looked like this


Today, it looks like this.....

...and this

I got the first coat of grey on the porch floor and steps!!!  I do believe, I will finish the arduous job tomorrow!  I really like it!

This evening, I ran up to Howell to pick up some KFC for supper.  I haven't had any in years.  I got a piece of breast meat, a cup of cole slaw (theirs is the best!) and two biscuits.  $5.61--not bad and it actually tasted good.

Then I watched my Detroit Tigers win one against the Oakland A's. Thursday we go to the tie-breaker.  If Detroit loses, we are all done with baseball.  Every year, they get into the play-offs and every darn year they lose and don't make it to the Series.  We shall see.

I took a leap of faith today--we shall see how it turns out.  Either it will be well received or, I will be the black sheep of the family.  YIKES!

Later--Jude




10 comments:

  1. Well, thanks for leaving us hanging out there-waiting to hear what you are up to.
    The Tiger game was a stressful nail biter-hope they pull out a win on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thanks for leaving us hanging out there-waiting to hear what you are up to.
    The Tiger game was a stressful nail biter-hope they pull out a win on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is beautiful. I need to find something to do with my hands for the longer winter months. Use to crotchet and think I have forgotten how. Maybe I can find someone to show me how to make a prayer shawl.
    KFC - in this little town it is the best and every now and then get a craving for it.
    You reminded me - so next trip to town. Their cold slaw and mashed potatoes and gravey is the best. Never been disappointed and always enough for 2 meals.
    Cooler here and leaves just beginning to turn a little.
    Tomorrow my youngest daughter and 2 youngest grandchildren visit - my birthday.
    Another year will begin....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really neat way to do a baby quilt! So cute and all the hard/boring part of making one is done.

    Now you've made me hungry for KFC. I try not to have it more than 4-5 times a year but when it gets stuck in my head I know I will be down there in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, oh, Judy, you've started a KFC craving....I'll have it 1-2 times a year, also, and really agree that their sides and taste are the best. It is a 40 minute drive for me to get some. Good thing, I think.
    Love the quilt and really identify with needing to keep my hands busy. I have my sewing machine in my TV room so that helps and keeps me getting up and down to use the iron for pressing seams.
    Can't wait to see the porch!
    The tree is beautiful. We still have very little color - as you say, it must be the gov't. LOL. All National Seashore parks are gated. Sad.
    Positive thoughts regarding your leap of faith.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love KFC but havent' had it in a long time. Just not one convenient to me, I guess! Good luck with your "Leap of faith" Hope it works out like you want.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH shucks! You're not playing fair. But, whatever it is, I hope & pray it comes out wonderful for you!.

    Love the quilt. You're amazing, Judy with all that you do.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now you have me craving some KFC!!!!

    Glad the porch is turning out well. It would be terrible if you didn't like it after all this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My guess is you reached out to your step sisters... love the quilt, and love that yoiu keep us updated. Never boring, love hearing all your stories and about your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that baby blanket will be a wonderful gift. I loved to cross stitch back in the day. I'm not sure I could see well enough to do it now. Maybe one of those huge magnifying glasses would help.

    ReplyDelete