title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Good "Fall" Day!

Today's high temperature was: 67 degrees
Sunny and gorgeous!
==================================
You guessed it, Julie.  The Leap of Faith.

I sent off a small, breezy note to my step-brother-in-law.  I didn't accuse anyone.  I just acted like we knew we had trusts coming from the step-mother and wondered when we might see them.  It has been six months.

Do you think this note is all right?


Hi Alan,

I am assuming that you are the executor of Helen’s estate.  We hadn’t heard anything and wondered if her Will had been probated or when we would have the paperwork transferred to us of the two trust funds. 

If you could let me know, I would appreciate it.


Thanks~~ Jude
==============================================
I am assuming he will call--have waited for the call all day--have been outside to avoid the call--because I am very nervous.  If he says, I don't know about any trust funds, I will just calmly explain to him that Helen told Susan and I that we would get the rest of our Dad's estate and she said she had put them into trusts.

I KNOW she didn't!  I KNOW she lied to us.  I KNOW she stole 2/3's of our Dad's estate that was suppose to come to my sister and I.  I KNOW it, but I am not going to let the steps get away with pretending everything is fine.  

I won't accuse.  When he tells me there are no trusts, I will be quiet for 2 or 3 heart beats and then say, "I don't know what to say.  I am stunned," or something like that.  I won't call her a liar, I will say something like, "Why would she tell us that?"

I will be very cordial and nice and then, my last sentence will be, "You are a damn Liberal.  You are always wanting to help the poor and take from the rich.  Well--I'm poor and you're rich so send me my money!!!"

Only kidding!!!  
================================

It was foggy and cold this morning, so I went into town before finishing up on the porch.

I planned all my stops, so that I wouldn't have to turn left on the busy streets.  Headed east and stopped to get my car wash on $1.00 off Wednesday, then on up east to the Rich People's store for some salads and CAKE and milk.  Then stopped at the ACE hardware to find a filter for the air purifier--they had none.  So headed back west and stopped at Meijers, to pick up the filter, and got the cutest zip up with pockets, fleece-like jacket--$14.00 and it looks real cute and slim on me.  Then I stopped at JoAnn's for some baby soft yarn to make a baby afghan for my chiropractor's receptionist, she's having a girl,  and then on, back home.

I got home, just before my soap started and then afterwards, got out on the porch.  I got the second coat of grey on the floor and steps.  I noticed a few spots on the spindles where I had hit the white with grey and decided to touch them up, BUT, I had to wait for the grey to dry.  

I had two large holes in the white risers, where the knots had fallen out, so I put some white duct tape over them and gave the risers a third coat and touched up the spindles and the railings again.

I was done with the last riser and went to step back and the plastic chair from the porch was right behind me.  It hit the back of my knees and I sat down hard.  Then the dang thing rocked backwards and we both crashed down on the cement driveway.  The chair broke in two.

I lay there for a few moments, paint brush still in hand.  As I was going down, I held it up in the air so I wouldn't lose it and have it fly  up and then land on my car on the way down.

Both my hips were still in their sockets, I hadn't hit the back of my head, blood was pouring down my arm from where the cement and my left elbow had met--I had a terrible gash.

Figuring that nothing was broken--I lay for a couple more seconds, trying to figure out how I was going to get up off the ground.  

I rolled and scooted over to the back of my car, then sat up, but how was I going to boost myself up to a standing position?  I can't get up off the floor, let alone the ground.

I finally took a change and got on my knees--YEEOUCH!  Grabbed on the top of the trunk and put my right foot down on the ground--my oldest and best hip, and hoisted myself up.  Took at look at my gashed elbow, and headed for the back door.  As I walked past the garbage pail, I threw the paint brush in!

Put some Neosporin on my bleeding elbow and two bandages and then into the living room to sit in my chair and figure out if I was hurt anywhere else.

All appears to be good.  My tailbone, back, left shoulder and neck hurt.  Probably undid all the good the chiropractor has done for me in the last month!!!  But nothing broken.

I am lucky.  When the chair split, there was a sharp edge that could have pierced me.  Whew!  I was very lucky.

So the sealant will cure over the next couple of good weather days, and then I will put on the stair treads and the motion detector stair lights and it all will be good to go.

============================================
An hour later, Pammie called and said, "Momma, I just wanted you to know that I finished staining my deck about an hour ago!"

"Me too!"

"Oh my gosh.  We finished at the same time on the same day."

"Yeah we did, Honey.  And it only took three weeks AND, your deck is three times the size of mine, so...you are the winner!"

Then I told her about my fall and she had a laugh--then said she was sorry, BUT "WE ARE DONE, MOMMA!  and we don't have to do it again for a long time."

"I'm NEVER going to do it again," I told her.

Then she said, "I dumped all my paint stuff, along with my spattered clothes in the garbage pail.  I kept the paint.  I used almost five gallons."

"I dumped all my paint stuff in the garbage pail too, except the roller frames, the roller tray, one plastic tray liner.  I will put all that back in the box that used to hold my paint tools that I gave away because I was never going to paint again.  I used less then two gallons and have about half left which I will store in the inside closet to keep it good--just in case I need to do the railing again.  I am NEVER going to paint those spindles again!!"

"Me either!" she exclaimed.


==================================

I will post pictures tomorrow.  I will also keep you up to date on the Leap of Faith.  They may not have received the note.  Probably up at their summer home, renovating it with the money they got from their mother, that was my Dad's and mine and Susan's.  

GR-RR!!

7 comments:

  1. I saw a lawyer a month or so ago and he said that it's taking around 7 months for wills to go through probate here in Michigan, so your timing on the letter might be really good. I wonder if there is a way to find out through court records how an estate is probated, once it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing your porch. Those spindles are a real job. I'm so glad you didn't hurt yourself. Close call.

    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your "trust" situation.

    Now, sit back and relax for a bit. No more painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need to not fall - I am still healing and noticed in pictures yesterday swelling on my cheek bone where I also fell - think I hit everything in my body - but nothing broken. We are lucky but do not need this to happen again to either of us :)
    Good luck on the trust - Received nothing from my mother as she had remarried,
    he tore up the will and everything that was my parents went to his daughter - sad.
    But if she can live with it - I am fine without it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for finally speaking out! If and when you hear from him be sure to tell him what a rotten thing his mother did! Cant wait to see pics of your deck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Judy...You are going to kill yourself by the time this job is done...I imagine everything hurts today. Take it easy and call the job done.
    Put your feets up...Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, yes - the tale of the step moms. Perhaps all the fairy tales about the evil step moms and them looking out only for their own little chicks have a lot of underlying truths! Mine certainly did - all with her sweet little demeanor.

    Glad the porch is no longer ever going to be on your "to-do" list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, I am SO glad you weren't hurt worse, Judy. That had to be frightening! Hey, my daughter would have laughed also. It's called "nervous laughter". :)
    One time I told I had fallen off the ladder; she says "hahaha Oh, I'm sorry, did you break a nail."

    I sincerely hope you hear back in a nice fashion from your step brother-in-law; that should have all been done before now. I'm praying you and Susan get what your dad wanted you both to have. xoxo

    ReplyDelete