title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wasted Wednesday

Today's high temperature was: 94 degrees
Today's humidity was:  74%
Feels like temperature:  104

One year ago today is was an actual temp of 102, so I guess we are doing better?
=====================================================

Not really a wasted Wednesday--it is much too hot for this old gal to be outside for very long, so.....

I spent the greater part of the day, drawing up the floor plan for The Little House On The Corner.  Have you ever tried to draw a floor plan using an Excel spreadsheet?  At least you can make the columns smaller to represent the squares/grid, but ---WOW--it was challenging.  Then, when you print it out, none of the grid shows up, unless you change the borders, and then the grid covers up your nice indoor walls and such.  This is what I have so far.

If you click on it, it will come up larger--you kind of get the idea?


The living room is a challenge being so long and narrow, but my farm house living room was like that and I had no problem arranging furniture in it.  You can see how large the bedroom is--it even has two ceiling fans. One would be over the bed and I do not like a fan over the bed--don't like air blowing on me.

Friday, I will draw it out on graph paper and then--I have little "to scale" pieces of all my furniture and I can arrange it to see how it would fit.  FUN!!!

After my Soap, I went up to the Wal-Mart to pick up a prescription.  Man--it was so hot walking across the concrete parking lot to get into the cool store.  Today, though, the car A/C decided it would blow through the vents, instead of the defroster, so that at least was nice.

I made another sun catcher--I thought for Pearl, but I think I cooked this one TOO long--I kind of like mine that shows some of the beads.

Tomorrow, I go up to Durand to the golf course for lunch with my school gal pals--then I will stop by The Farm on my return home and who knows---I just might go back in the Little House On The Corner to take some more pictures, LOL.

I sent an e-mail to a friend of mine who has three rental homes.  She said $750.00 was WAY over what any other rentals that size are in the area.  She said $500-$550 was more in line with prices.  Of course, even at that price, I still can't afford to move there.

It has been three months since Jennifer told me never to darken their door again.  I sure am missing the kids!!!  My sister and her visiting SIL drove over to Jen's house, while Pammie was baby sitting and Monday night at supper, the SIL was telling how cute little Evan is.  Giving her high fives and a hug when they left.  I got tears in my eyes, but I pretended I had a coughing fit and got my napkin up to my eyes to get those tears away.  Apparently she does not know of the strife.  I keep praying God will bring about a reconciliation--that's about all I can do because I can't talk to her.   Tough--no one in our family has ever had this kind of thing.  We tend to ignore stupid things our family members might say or do and just keep on loving them.  It all smooths out in the end, but....I don't know about this time.

Bad, severe storms expected Friday when a cold front comes in and cools us down.  I don't care!!!  I just can't take this kind of weather!  And no---I will not complain when winter comes--I never do.  I feel much better in the cold weather.  Of course, this is July and that is when we get our two week heat wave--then everything will taper off and be nice again.  I am looking forward to 70-75 degrees with humidity at 35%.

Toodles--talk with you tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. I am so impressed! I work in Excel at my job, and I have NEVER nor WOULD I attempt that floor plan. I've taken classes and I still can't get the hang of Excel.
    I still pray you will find a way to get that little house. Your cons are slight bc you have family near by that can drive you if need be to doctor's and stores. Release some of that control Jude.

    XXOO Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm out of the loop (or just don't remember since my memory is failing some) about the upset with your daughter. Even if she doesn't want you, won't she at least let you see your grandchildren? I'm sure they're wanting to see you as much as you want to see them.

    Life is short! And, sure isn't fair sometimes. I'm sorry.

    Hope you enjoy the lunch today with your friends. I need to go to mine which is once a month, but actually at this point, it's not a priority seeing as how I'm becoming a hermit. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at your lunch with you friends. You always have a good time with them. Isn't it nice to have friends to get together with? My school friends and I get together a couple of times a year. We are all spread out...so it's harder to get together.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet another thing we have in common...I LOVE to draw up blueprints. I have been doing it since I was a kid. That little house seems perfect for one person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job on the floor plan.

    Love that cartoon. It's hot as Hades here. I hate it.
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto to what Sally said above. I know there was something that upset Jen, but I never knew what went on. I understand too well how that feels. Keep loving and praying. God knows your heart.

    ReplyDelete