title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, July 12, 2013

Personal Photo Challenge--birds

I have never done anything like this, but Sally told me to.


Momma Hummingbird on her nest

I watched her all day, flit from this nest, off to where ever she went and, then come back.  I kept trying to get a picture and I couldn't.  I went outside and took several pictures.  I do not have a very good camera and practically no zoom on it.  It was hard for me to see the bird from the ground because, I get very dizzy when I look up at something--without something to lean on.  My neighbor came down and I showed him the bird--then he held onto me so I could get steady and take her picture.

I have never seen a Hummingbird on her nest before, so I love this.

13 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is wonderful! You have a terrific environmental portrait of a hummingbird nest. There are diagonal lines, which draw you eye across the image, and you didn't put the bird dead-center in the photo. And the green canopy is textured. So you framed up a very pleasing composition. And the little beak sticking out is priceless. Bravo, Judy! I've never seen a nest in the wild, so I think you are very lucky to spot it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How did you ever spy this nest in the first place? We have hummingbirds, but I've never seen a nest. Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. when my mom lived here she had many little nests around her old lady park. must be the calm of things they feel comfort. they will come back to the same nest every year if ya leave it. miss those too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, isn't that something. I've never seen one on the nest. Cool.
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great catch, Judy....I've never seen a hummingbird on the nest,, either. Love the beautiful green leafy cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the lesson in this...your neighbor held you steady so you could take the shot? Love it, love it, love it. And it is a photo that few ever achieve. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing capture of this rare sighting! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an amazing sighting! They are so tiny and have such small nests! Wonderful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW. We have hummers around but I have never spied a nest. Awesome "find" and a great shot of it too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hummers are hard to catch at the best of times and to find one nest sitting is awesome. Thanks for sharing your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have many hummingbirds
    but have never seen a nest.
    Lucky you.
    Take care
    and have a good night.
    A long day for me
    turning this off
    very tired...

    ReplyDelete
  12. So neat! Never seen a nest either. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete