title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Messing Around

Today's high temperature was:  78 degrees
Today's humidity was:  77%
Periods of rain, sun, rain, sun--breezy
======================================


I had to postpone the water heater project today as it kept raining off and on.  I didn't want to get into having to haul in the hose and then run out and see if the water was flowing, then back in the house, while is was storming--so I am shooting for Thursday, which is suppose to be fairly cool and sunny.

I didn't get to sleep last night until almost 3:00 a.m.  Oh--I got to sleep right away, but then a dream woke me in an hour, so.........When my alarm went off, I must have hit some other buttons before I found the off button because when I woke up at 9:15, my clock said 2:15.  Kind of scared me--I thought I had slept until afternoon!!!

Then my brain woke up and I went into the kitchen and found I was all right, LOL.  GEEZ!!  Most mornings, when I first wake up, it's like I have amnesia.  I don't remember what day it is.  I don't remember even going to bed the night before.  Very weird feeling.  It only takes a minute to get aware--but for those 60 seconds, I am very confused.

Watched as a storm came through around noon--hard, hard rain--very little thunder.  I loved it--hoping it will take the humidity with it as it heads east.  The humidity was still 77%, so we better have more storms!

Got to see the presentation of the Royal Baby Boy--precious.  I thought it was nice that Kate didn't wear a tent dress--she wore a normal maternity dress, belted and it showed her pudgy tummy--just like a "normal" new Mommy.  She is so down to earth.  I pray God's blessing on that little boy forever!


Then, off to the Rich People's store for my weekly food.
Macaroni and Tuna salad, Crab salad, watermelon.
Shrimp (it was on sale), Chef's and Roman Caesar salad.
Antipasto and Cobb salad.
At least nine suppers for $36.00

Huh?  

Cake?  

Where?  

Oh---yes, a yellow loaf cake with white icing.  I have an inch of cake every night.  

Got home and another rain storm came through.

============================

I have to tell you guys about a weird dream I had last night.  Most dreams are weird, aren't they?

I knew I was sleeping and I heard a very loud noise.  I opened my eyes and all I saw was bright sun--it hurt my eyes.  I heard singing and I sat up and.....I was in a casket.  I turned to look and there was my Mother--dressed in her blue suit and white and blue blouse she was buried in--she looked about thirty years old, which I thought was strange because I know she didn't get that suit until she was forty-eight for their 25th anniversary.  Then I leaned forward a bit and there was Daddy, my grandma and grandpa, and my great grandparents and two other people I didn't recognize, but I knew were my great, great grandparents.

We all stood up on the ground--didn't climb up, just stood and we were on the grass.  We were all smiling and happy and hugging each other.  I quickly turned to see Fred, but he wasn't there.  His grave hadn't opened either.  I felt really sad and then all sorts of loud noises and loud singing started and I could feel something trying to pull me upward--I was scared and....I woke up, sweating.

I was kind of shaking and my heart was beating kind of fast---I got up and went to the bathroom and then to the refrigerator to get some ice water.  I sat down and noticed it was raining really hard and thundering a bit--no doubt why I heard the noise?

When I went back to bed, I laid there and tried to figure the dream out.  Did I think it was Jesus coming?  Why wouldn't Fred be there--he was much more spiritual then my Daddy.  Maybe I was concerned because Fred was cremated and I couldn't figure out how God was going to "put him back together"?  

Weird and strange for sure.

Just as I was about to fall asleep, a really loud BEEP sounded.  I just about levitated off the bed!!!  It sounded like the smoke alarm, but it only beeped once.   I got up and walked out into the kitchen again, but I didn't hear it anymore.  So--back to bed.  No wonder I didn't get to sleep until 3:00!!!

I heard it this morning and figured out it was the carbon monoxide monitor.  So I ripped it open and changed the batteries.  When I put the last battery in, the dang thing BEEPED again and startled me so I threw the thing.  I hope it still works, LOL.

Dar came home from hospital and came right over to all the gory details of what she went through during her 3 day stay.  Apparently she had a bowel blockage, OR it might be pancreatitis, OR it might be something wrong with her liver, OR maybe it was diverticulitis.....who knows.

She remembers all of it, but...she doesn't remember calling me at 6:00 on Sunday night.  She didn't believe me when I told her, so I got my phone and went through the recent calls and...there was her cell phone number and the date and time.  She really looked concerned.

"Why don't I remember that?"

"They probably had you on some strong pain killers."

"Oh.  No.  I am allergic to everything.  They can't give me anything or my heart goes into rapid beats."

"Well--they had you on Ativan and that may have clouded your memory."

"Oh.  No.  I can't take anything like that.  Why do you think they gave it to me?"

"Because, when your sister-in-law stopped in to tell me you were in hospital, I asked her how you were doing emotionally and she said, "Better, once they have her twenty milligrams of Ativan."

"Well, I never took any pills."

"No--they put it in your IV line."

"I know that I started feeling calmer after about an hour.  I thought it was God calming me down."

"It might have been--with a little help from the Ativan," ha ha.
========================
The cold front came through!!  So cool and breezy out--61 degrees, I opened up the windows--breeze coming from the North-West and it was so chilly feeling, I changed into my jeans and a pair of sockies!!  Love it!!

I decided to mess around a bit more tonight--seeings as how it was cool--didn't need to worry about heating up the kitchen with the oven.





When I was done, I got a paper bag out of the closet, put the remaining beads and both pans in the bag, the copper wire, along with the directions I posted yesterday on how to make them.  I am giving them to my sister tomorrow, and she can make these when her grand girls come to visit for the weekend.  I AM DONE!!!


  

5 comments:

  1. Strange things dreams....
    I hope you have a quieter night tonight! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreams sure can keep you thinking for a long time and still you'll never really figure them out.

    I had a carbon monoxide monitor that beeped with fresh batteries and finally I got the pamphlet out that came with it and learned they only last a few years and when it beeped once every 5-6 minutes it was time to get a new one. Drove me nuts when the beeping first started and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sun catchers. Be careful not to put up too many or you are going to knock out the birds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your sun catcher on the porch!

    I wish Dar would just be thankful, and not moan so much. I'm glad she's your neighbor, not mine. I haven't got the patience I used to have. And, I guess that's not a good thing to admit.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete